2 questions (1 Viewer)

ReaL~

HSC
hey there.
a have 2 questions abt uni ..
1. textbooks - i hear ppl say that u can get ur textbooks now. is it a good time to do so? coz i went to that textbook online thing typed in the course code, and there were a whollee list of books to choose from... should i jsut w8 til lecturres start and ask? would i be needing them on the first day?

2.classes - am i alrdy supose to know where all my classes are spose to be.. coz i came to oweek a bit late and missed out on the tour..also if a class on my timetable says "see school for loaction" .. where abts do i go for the location.

THX

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Wait for a lecture before you buy text books.

Just goto uni early and look for where your classes are.

If it says see school for location.. I guess you go see the relevant school and they will tell you.

FeelBare

HSC
1. textbooks - i hear ppl say that u can get ur textbooks now. is it a good time to do so? coz i went to that textbook online thing typed in the course code, and there were a whollee list of books to choose from... should i jsut w8 til lecturres start and ask? would i be needing them on the first day?
Wait till lectures start.

2.classes - am i alrdy supose to know where all my classes are spose to be.. coz i came to oweek a bit late and missed out on the tour..also if a class on my timetable says "see school for loaction" .. where abts do i go for the location.
At the end of the first week there should be something pinned up found on the first floor of the Red Centre Building notices (well, at least for maths :confused:).

priscillapham23

HSC
N/A
about textbooks, will there be a big rush to buy textbooks first week? will this mean that books will be sold out you'll have to wait a long time?? and should i buy the course notes before i have a lecture anyway so that i'll have less books to carry home when i buy the textbooks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
there'll be probably a bigger line at the second hand book-shop than the unsw bookshop.

but the unsw bookshop is much more expensive .. but its n ewer =D

elfm

HSC
normally the books that you _really_ need have plenty in stock. i wouldn't advise buying books too early on... there's normally big queues and you don't know if you'll need it at all.

the unsw 2nd hand bookshop is shit - it's like a small room with random books that no one buys. www.textbookexchange.com.au is a much better place to buy 2nd hand books from.

FeelBare

HSC
HAHAahhahaHAHAHahah.. Thanks for the tip-off about the UNSW second-hand bookshop, elfm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)