2 related texts or 1? (1 Viewer)

Samir97

HSC
Hey guys, I've ben looking through a range of Conflicting Perspectives questions and I couldn't find any that ask for 2 related texts, even in HSC. Should I keep and perfect just one related text or keep the second one too?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hey guys, I've ben looking through a range of Conflicting Perspectives questions and I couldn't find any that ask for 2 related texts, even in HSC. Should I keep and perfect just one related text or keep the second one too?
keep the 2nd

simplyinsanity

HSC
At least know a few points from your second text well enough that if the question asks for 2 texts, you won't be completely screwed.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
They have asked for two in past papers

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why everyone seems to have a barrier between themselves and a 2nd related. If it asks at least one, write two in my opinion. If it asks two, you're set. If it asks one, just erase the 2nd one.

No offence or anything, but the recurring issue I see around these forums, is a lack of laziness for a 2nd related? Why bother jeopardising your HSC just for a simple act or further studying an extra text?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I don't understand why everyone seems to have a barrier between themselves and a 2nd related. If it asks at least one, write two in my opinion. If it asks two, you're set. If it asks one, just erase the 2nd one.

No offence or anything, but the recurring issue I see around these forums, is a lack of laziness for a 2nd related? Why bother jeopardising your HSC just for a simple act or further studying an extra text?
The reason behind doing 1 related text is that you can explore your core AND related with more insight to add depth to your essay...that's why when it says "at least ONE" its better just to do one, rather than 2.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
The reason behind doing 1 related text is that you can explore your core AND related with more insight to add depth to your essay...that's why when it says "at least ONE" its better just to do one, rather than 2.
Yep defs, really dependent on writing speed tho, because I can get down the extra material on the 2nd related quite quickly, which in itselfs adds further depth into already strong insight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)