2 u accelerated (1 Viewer)

akashcbf

HSC
is there a technique of increasing marks after doing hsc papers cos im in yr 11 doing papers keep getting in high 70s and low 80s and done like 8 papers n marks not getn higher

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
akashcbf said:
is there a technique of increasing marks after doing hsc papers cos im in yr 11 doing papers keep getting in high 70s and low 80s and done like 8 papers n marks not getn higher
I don't understand what you are saying. Can you elaborate on this? I will post my opinion once I get a full grasp of your post.

So are you accelerated or not?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I think he means that he is a 2 Unit Accelerated student. He has been doing HSC past papers without any improvement. He has done 8 past papers (according to his post), and his marks are in the high 70s to low 80s. He wants to know how he can improve, hence he uses the phrase "is there a technique of increasing marks" Although to be honest, he hasn't provided a sufficient amount of information in his post for a reasonable analysis of his situation...

vds700

HSC
akashcbf said:
just keep doing them- practice makes perfect!

And keep in mind the difficulty of the papers you are doing. If they are hard, then 70-80 is good.

Ill give u an example, when i did accelerated last year, i got like a bit over 50% in the catrholic trial (was a bitch of a paper), and many people failed.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
From your past papers, identify the topics which are causing you most problems and then get your teacher or someone to explain and go over any questions and concepts which you may be unsure of. Then find similar questions and then practise them until you feel confident with them.

lolokay

HSC
make a list of the mistakes you usually make, and check each question according to the common mistakes. if you keep trying that you should get quite efficient at it, and hopefully decrease in the number of mistakes you end up making

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
A technique that would get you more marks would be to check your work. ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
A technique that would get you more marks would be to check your work. ;)
Don't
Self explanatory much :p But don't start panicking and over check lol...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Rather than getting things wrong (hence the 70-80%) and then going and doing another paper, actually take time to find questions specifically on the things that you get wrong.

You are not going to improve by ignoring your mistakes, but rather by working on these areas

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
try to see if there is a pattern to your mistakes - you might always stuff up in a particular area - focus on that. + pay attention to the killer questions 9s and 10s.

akashcbf

HSC
haha im getting these in real hsc papers and the CSSA trials not sure they are the catholic ones..hmm well im getin like 95 in q 1-6...lose marks in q 8 and 9..and get 3/4 of question 10 ..ill keeep it going see how i go .heard normanhurst trials are a bitch

Iruka

HSC
N/A
If you are consistently getting 95% of Q 1-6 correct then it is an inefficient use of your time to practise these questions. You should spend most of your study time practicing Q 8-10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)