2 unit maths revision (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Find the exact area enclosed by the curve y=2 lnx and the lines x=1 and x=2.

Last edited:

x_cp3

HSC
A = 0.9896016856 m^2

= 0. 99 m^2 (to 2 decimal places)
lol u really fail dude. I assumed he wanted the answer in pi form, this is not junior maths mate where u punch everything in the calculator lol

HSC
Uni Grad
I think "with the x-axis" is implied. Like "differentiate y=x2" implies "with respect to x" etc.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
although I have noticed that when working out volumes under a curve the book leaves it as example: 277pi / 25 units^3 but my teacher said that we should do some to = decimals (no pi left).

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
although I have noticed that when working out volumes under a curve the book leaves it as example: 277pi / 25 units^3 but my teacher said that we should do some to = decimals (no pi left).
having the exact value followed by an approximation has always worked for me

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
That's mainly because the markers award you the marks for having reached the exact value. Anything after is disregarded.

And MrBrightside, I have no idea why a teacher would encourage you to evaluate exact values.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
That's mainly because the markers award you the marks for having reached the exact value. Anything after is disregarded.

And MrBrightside, I have no idea why a teacher would encourage you to evaluate exact values.
well if the question states "find the exact value" then I can understand the point of having a MUST to put an exact answer, but when its not stated I don't think markers would care? unless i'm wrong and they care completely about it. I know for trig ratios exact ans are important etc.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
well if the question states "find the exact value" then I can understand the point of having a MUST to put an exact answer, but when its not stated I don't think markers would care? unless i'm wrong and they care completely about it. I know for trig ratios exact ans are important etc.
It's not hard to use exact values....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)