Uni Grad
What happened to MrBrightside's marathon thread? Anyway,

New Question:

Find the area of the shaded region.

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
Seriously the first time I saw that question I thought u needed 3unit circle geometry to do it, because you are given the radius , you know that a line from the centre to a chord bisects the chord, then you can find the angle AOB , then you can can find the shade area by using area of whole circle - area of minor segment

hscishard

HSC
Seriously the first time I saw that question I thought u needed 3unit circle geometry to do it, because you are given the radius , you know that a line from the centre to a chord bisects the chord, then you can find the angle AOB , then you can can find the shade area by using area of whole circle - area of minor segment
Banned again. Lol

FriedRice1

Banned
HSC
but none of the moderators can take a second out to do their job and ban them

FriedRice1

Banned
HSC
Differentiate sec^3 (3x) with respect to x. Thats "sec cubed 3x" NOT "sec of (3x) cubed"

Should add another part to the question above, to make sure we are testing a reasonable depth of understanding and making it somewhat difficult lol.

Hence find the values of x in the domain -2pi<=x<=+2pi for which the curve y= sec^3 (3x) has stationary points

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Differentiate sec^3 (3x) with respect to x. Thats "sec cubed 3x" NOT "sec of (3x) cubed"

Should add another part to the question above, to make sure we are testing a reasonable depth of understanding and making it somewhat difficult lol.

Hence find the values of x in the domain -2pi<=x<=+2pi for which the curve y= sec^3 (3x) has stationary points

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
but none of the moderators can take a second out to do their job and ban them
Lol, this thread is for posting questions and answers, not a diary to vent out your fail in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)