2 weeks of HSC cram ... what is possible? (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
who's done it? who's pulled it off in the past and achieved a uai above 95+ ??? maybe even higher?? is it possible?????

some of us need hopeeeeee .... !!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Two weeks of cramming is a lot.
I always associate cramming with the night or morning before an exam.
The fact that people constantly say 17 days till HSC! as if it there is no time at all worries me. There's more than 2 weeks for you to study.

Just study. Don't worry about it. Do the best you can. Your worth as a person shouldn't be confined to a number.

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
jayadore said:
The fact that people constantly say 17 days till HSC! as if it there is no time at all worries me. There's more than 2 weeks for you to study.

Just study. Don't worry about it. Do the best you can. Your worth as a person shouldn't be confined to a number.
I LOVE the way you think. I agree with it totally...still though it's difficult not to feel stressed sometimes.

HSC
jayadore said:

Yeah, exactly.

Well said. :uhhuh:

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i'm asian!! MY WORTH AS A PERSON IS CONFINED TO A NUMBER!!!
i so hope i'll be able to pull my marks right right up during these next couple of weeks. namely modern and business. english and jap are alright.
otherwise, excommunication here i come~

kloudsurfer

HSC
jayadore said:

Well said.

Thats going in my sig as a reminder to all those crazy BoSers who are studying 23.5 hours a day (myself included).

Hope you dont mind?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
What u people dont realise is that u have studied. Whilst im making generalisations here, the fact that ur on BOS and worried says something. The fact that u know about this website says something. Your already above a lot of the canditure, who to put it bluntly dont give a fuck.

Im assuming you studied for your trials. Im assuming youve tried all year in assessments. The hardyards are done my freind. Take these two weeks; revist old concepts and practice what you found hard. Leave cramming until 2 days before each exam if needed. And most importantly relax and enjoy. As stressful as they, use the exams to show off what u DO know.

Thats my two cents- (Ironically, goes back to cramming the HSC chem course...)

elgost25

HSC
original123 said:
I LOVE the way you think. I agree with it totally...still though it's difficult not to feel stressed sometimes.
---"What u people dont realise is that u have studied. Whilst im making generalisations here, the fact that ur on BOS and worried says something. The fact that u know about this website says something. Your already above a lot of the canditure, who to put it bluntly dont give a fuck.

Im assuming you studied for your trials. Im assuming youve tried all year in assessments. The hardyards are done my freind. Take these two weeks; revist old concepts and practice what you found hard. Leave cramming until 2 days before each exam if needed. And most importantly relax and enjoy. As stressful as they, use the exams to show off what u DO know."---

i think i have some legitimate worres because as much as i wanted to... could just never pull myself together for anything this year has been worse.

my trial HSC did preeety badly as far as im concerned... im notorious for getting distracted to the point where its very frustrating... and i dont even quite know how to work the concepts... and im only going for 75+ my trial results were 48% for geography 55% for general maths, 49/105 for english standard... 33/50 SOR1 unit, 66% for chemistry, and 67% for biology... what should i do... the part of my concience which says 'dont bother' seems to be overwealmingly strong...

and for the avove reasons most of my assesments did horrible averaging 60% for bio assesments yet its normally my best (i ranked 1st at the end of year 11 as is the same for geography)

i agree with that wholeheartedly... maybe my nature is too 'airy fairy and free spirited' to be cut out for the HSC...

but i am DEFINATELY putting that line up in my room.. and my sig as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangetsu.xo

sad but true in too many cases

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Cookie182 said:
What u people dont realise is that u have studied. Whilst im making generalisations here, the fact that ur on BOS and worried says something. The fact that u know about this website says something. Your already above a lot of the canditure, who to put it bluntly dont give a fuck.

Im assuming you studied for your trials. Im assuming youve tried all year in assessments. The hardyards are done my freind. Take these two weeks; revist old concepts and practice what you found hard. Leave cramming until 2 days before each exam if needed. And most importantly relax and enjoy. As stressful as they, use the exams to show off what u DO know.

Thats my two cents- (Ironically, goes back to cramming the HSC chem course...)
Well said.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I'm going to cram my arse off starting from today. Hopefully it'll pay off :)

samuel slack

HSC
Its not really cram if you've already learnt it. Its just study/revision. Therefore, I'm gonna study the crap outta all my courses in the next couple of weeks.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Its not really cram if you've already learnt it. Its just study/revision. Therefore, I'm gonna study the crap outta all my courses in the next couple of weeks.
Well isn't that what cramming really is? - Studying/revising a years worth of knowledge in a short amount of time? :)

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
haha - agree with arryn. :D

hmm. yeah i think you can still get >95 with two weeks of study =]
like someone said , 2 weeks is heaps haha.

i`ve managed to do pretty well a couple of time just cramming the night and morning before the exam .. so two weeks is a hell of a lot of time ! :)

all the best !

merrymadi

HSC
I agree with the fact that two weeks is a long time for an exam. Think back to end of year tests throughout junior school...did anyone honestly seriously study earlier than a week before they came around? I know this was back in the easy days, but it's the same concept. A year's worth in one exam, and I'm assuming we didn't do too hideously in those. Namely because we weren't as stressed back then.

And it's not as if you have to learn anything new within these two weeks. I'm a terrible procrastinator once I get home, but at school I always worked my arse off, because I knew I'd morph into a lazy bugger once the last bell went. I've paid attention and done all my work throughout the whole year, and despite my SERIOUS lack of study at home, I'm not too worried about just going over stuff I've already learnt.

But I really should start cramming. Haven't done anything yet. I've got a Biology study thing organised by our teacher for two hours tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will catapult me into the study mindset. Ideally I'd love to accomplish 10 hours a day, but that possibility seems far faaaaar away.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
I'm going to cram my arse off starting from today. Hopefully it'll pay off :)
careful you don't burn yourself out!! 2 weeks of intense studying can take its toll. 2 weeks is sufficient if you plan and modulate your study hours.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i so hope i'll be able to pull my marks right right up during these next couple of weeks. namely modern and business. english and jap are alright.
otherwise, excommunication here i come~
I always wanted to go to TAFE just to see what my asian family would do to me. :)

kloudsurfer said:
Well said.

Thats going in my sig as a reminder to all those crazy BoSers who are studying 23.5 hours a day (myself included).

Hope you dont mind?
Go ahead.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
cuppy said:
careful you don't burn yourself out!! 2 weeks of intense studying can take its toll. 2 weeks is sufficient if you plan and modulate your study hours.
Well, i don't think i will be burning myself out - i immediately stop studying when i feel even the slightest bit tired. If i drag on - i tend to forget all that i've studied, which is just a bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)