$200 CityRail Penalty Appeal HELP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

findx

HSC
Just a question, Where you wearing school uniform? Cityrail are not meant to check students in uniform.
really? :confused:

the station staff and transit officers at my station constantly check school students rail passes for no reason

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
say you had your 2011 student concession card from school but the officers were being dicks because it is 2012

2011 concession cards last until the end of march afaik

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
2011 concession cards last until the end of march afaik
correct - a high school concession card entitles you to a child fare on cityrail services (child fares get off peak return while other student/concession doesn't)

Garygaz

HSC
i've heard a bus driver refuse to let a high school girl on at concession rate because she wasn't travelling to/from school. it was a willoughby high girl going from chatswood to wherever at 4:30pm. 'you only get concession rates to/from school you're going to have to pay the adult fare'

not sure whether that's the rules or he was also being a cunt.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You are entitled to the concession rate at anytime. It's the free school travel passes that only entitle travel between school and home for school purposes.

Flying

HSC
I'm no longer a school student and am going to be a first year at uni this year. It was on a friday night with friends.

Flying

HSC
Can you pay online if you have a key card (not an actual credit card)?

Wentworth

HSC
man you got unlucky that this cityrail guard was a dick, they didn't have to fine you for that, could've been a simple warning. Write them a letter appealing the fine i guess

edit: actually most of the guards are lazy assholes, that's why they take the job in the first place - no degree required, mindless work, not as dangerous as a police officer but still allows for abuse of power.

Last edited:

Flying

HSC
Is it a debit card?
It says Commonwealth Bank Key Card, looks just like a credit card - I put it in an atm to get money out. It also has 'Maestro' on the front and has "Cirrus and Eftpos' symbols on the back. I think once your over 16 you can get it.

man you got unlucky that this cityrail guard was a dick, they didn't have to fine you for that, could've been a simple warning. Write them a letter appealing the fine i guess

edit: actually most of the guards are lazy assholes, that's why they take the job in the first place - no degree required, mindless work, not as dangerous as a police officer but still allows for abuse of power.
Yeah, I would have blown up at them but that would get me in even more shit

MiPh

HSC
Yeah I've heard similar stories of this very recently, so in the last few days, pretty much everyone in my grade got the concession card.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It says Commonwealth Bank Key Card, looks just like a credit card - I put it in an atm to get money out. It also has 'Maestro' on the front and has "Cirrus and Eftpos' symbols on the back. I think once your over 16 you can get it.

Yeah, I would have blown up at them but that would get me in even more shit
Most likely won't work.

Get a debit card.

kfnmpah

HSC
^

that being said

there should be a grace period, where if you can produce your student card/concession card within that time the fine is void. Like that time i got fined for not having my license on me. fair enough if you're a P-Plater, but if you're on your blacks and forget your wallet, like fuck off paying $90 for forgetting your wallet that's fucked.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Wait wait wait, you bought a ticket at concession price despite the fact you don't have a concession card. You've been doing it for 9 years and you fail to see a problem with it when you get pulled up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)