2003 UAIs (1 Viewer)

~SArAh~B~

hahaha... public schools beat private schools overall.... what a joke, considering all the money they get and for the private school that did perform the best (a boys one in sydney), its because they attract the best and are so selective, wake up and deal with the real world and see that there are people just as good as you with brains, attitude and social skills with all levels of education. Congratulations to all of you that went well, looking at a lot of your marks you must of worked really hard.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~SArAh~B~
hahaha... public schools beat private schools overall.... what a joke, considering all the money they get and for the private school that did perform the best (a boys one in sydney), its because they attract the best and are so selective, wake up and deal with the real world and see that there are people just as good as you with brains, attitude and social skills with all levels of education. Congratulations to all of you that went well, looking at a lot of your marks you must of worked really hard.
where did this info come from? did they count the selective schools in this calculation of 'who beat who'?

Aj10001

Yeah..that would be great
HSC
91.15, i'll take it, probably wont get me into sydney economics though

Aj10001

Yeah..that would be great
HSC
English 84 87 86
Maths 77 86 82
Eco 86 89 88
Business 87 91 89
SDD 82 81 82

Uai: 91.15

Look how much better my exam marks are!!! serves me right for slacking at the start

Creator Failure

Originally posted by tactic
haha dont worry when i did the hsc i got 74.10 =)
dont let this number kill you.. i didnt get into the course i wanted so i went to uws.. did well applied for transfer and my uni marks converted to having a uai of 96ish so there is still hope for you people!
Yeah Tactic, I'm not 2 dissapointed with the UAI, cause I can still get into B.Economics at UWS, which is what I really wanted 2 do...then I'm planning on transferring to BEco/Laws at the end of '04! hehe:p

Creator Failure

Originally posted by SXC_DRAGON_BOY
ok heres a little story....
my parents made me a deal that if i get >80 i will get 10 grand for a car... i go to my self its impossible. so with early entry to UOW i didnt study. only the day before each exam for a couple of hours...
and u know what i got, u know what i bloody got.....
how screwed up is that. im happy and grateful for the mark but hell i wish that it was a 75. i missed out on 10 grand bcoz of one uai point. actuall .95 of a point

de ja vu for me... although i do not regret not studying...
there goes my hope for a BMW. ohwel my consolation prize is a honda civic hatch which isnt to bad but hey im still kicking myself.
Man, u should be cheering that ur parents are buying u a car...I had 2 pay every last cent 4 mine...sounds like u got awesome parents :p

HSC

Never would have guessed... especially after thinking i went absolutely shit in the hsc... i was fearing getting below 80 and missing the cut of to commerce at UOW

Classic

Congratultions!

Congrats, class of 2003! All excellent results!
I got 94.1 and was very pleased.
I do however have a question - if anyone can answer it, I would be grateful.
I got 98 for Music 1, and the person who came first in this course got 99. Today, out of interest, I visited the BOS website and found that I was ranked 6th in the state for this course, not 2nd. Does this mean that ppl who came 2nd, 3rd, etc. got between 98 and 99? Im a little confused:confused: Thanx :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Classic
I got 98 for Music 1, and the person who came first in this course got 99. Today, out of interest, I visited the BOS website and found that I was ranked 6th in the state for this course, not 2nd. Does this mean that ppl who came 2nd, 3rd, etc. got between 98 and 99? Im a little confused:confused: Thanx :p
When they align the scores multiple scores may end up with the same aligned scores (a consequence of aligning scores of between 0-100 to basically 50-100) so they may have had a higher mark then you and got 98 or had a lower mark then the top person and got 99.

Keith_N

I don't think the UAI you get really counts to anything but the thing it was designed to do. Rank us for the universities. If it counted for anything more than that they would take every single one of our units instead of our F*@#ed up English marks and our best 8 units.
I got a high enough UAI to get into what I want to do.
Why brag about something as bloody superfluous as a UAI over 90 if you only need 78 or 80.
The UAI allows those who have a limited number of units with good ranks to overtake those with excess units with a consistently high mark. If every mark and rank everyone got was averaged out and then used to calculate their UAI wouldn't that be far more fair on those with their excess units.

My marks were
*Adv Eng 68
Engineering Studies 80
*Maths ext 1 86
*Maths Ext 2 71
SDD 76
*Physics 76
*Chemistry 78

* Used in UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)