2005 CSSA English Advanced Trial (1 Viewer)

gloomy

moo
HSC
i stuffed up transformation D:

writing a letter... gosh how easy!!! i <3 yeats!!

lets not talk about powerplay ;)

HSC
physician said:
good luck with chem... u doing catholic?.... ahh i hate chem exams... nyways...

yes!!! sleep is good... i slept at 1:30 and woke up at 5:30 ... but it was worth it!!!
I think it's catholic with a few ones our teacher set thrown in. It's so good, only chemical monitoring is assessable....1 outta 3 topics! Hoorah.

Yeah going to bed late, 2 hours sleep, and getting up early is how i do exams. It's a habit, I can't break it! Maybe come HSC...actually nah prob not :rolleyes:

I found the rest of the modules pretty straight forward. I knew Lear would put me off! and i didnt finish frontlin! oh well...

K now im really going to bed :p

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Yeah I didn't prepare good for powerplay so to make my essay longer i chucked in a 2nd related material.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
archangel leila said:
I think it's catholic with a few ones our teacher set thrown in. It's so good, only chemical monitoring is assessable....1 outta 3 topics! Hoorah.

Yeah going to bed late, 2 hours sleep, and getting up early is how i do exams. It's a habit, I can't break it! Maybe come HSC...actually nah prob not :rolleyes:

I found the rest of the modules pretty straight forward. I knew Lear would put me off! and i didnt finish frontlin! oh well...

K now im really going to bed :p
waaa!!! only chemical monitoring?.... not fair!!!... oh well

lol... yeh we all have our habits

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Module B Lear ..... WTF !!!! .....

Painful .. the BNW/BR wasnt too bad, question for truth was poorly worded i thought :s

Overall, a generous 20% :)

Stanzo88

HSC
What can i say ...module A was easy and module B was easy too but i don't like writing letters....but then again lara has hairy balls :)

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
stan forked his chem teacher for good results in english...then realised how stupid he was!!!!!!

hehe hallo.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
What's up with the Powerplay essay? Did not really like it

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
ahhh... that is the best feeling... english exams out of the way.
did it in the order of- 1, 3, 2.
Module A: In the wild- golden age and throwim way leg- This was my worst without any doubt. haven't read the texts and filled pages with irrelevant unsupported (no quotes) bullshit. Found the question was a bit difficult as well.
Module B: Critical study- Cloudstreet- really liked the question and the letter format thing, although I only wrote around three pages due to lack of time.
Module C: telling the truth- Birthday letters- Studied quite hard for this one. I'll get best marks for this. Coped with the question and used a fair few fancy words and quotes.

Now I've got a week off untill drama next week! YEE HAA!!!

gorgo31

HSC
I despised the BR / BNW question, how the fuck are we supposed to know what "insights" the composer made? Very, very lame indeed, I thought.

Our Lear question was changed - they literally had a new one pasted over the old one. I peeled it off and looked at the old one and laughed :D You poor guys. We were just asked to write a letter of acceptance to be Assistant Director of a new production of Lear, and had to write how we'd stage it etc.

Frontline was OK, too.

At least it's over :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
knobblett said:
BR/BNW was a dream for prepared essays
As was Frontline.
King Lear was absurd, as it always is in the CSSA Trial :S

But yeah, damn cancelling of the paper.. Very NSB!!!
yeah I know
ur exactly right
i prepared my BNW/BR and Frontline essays...rememberd most of it

but KL i made it up on the spot and think i messed it up really bad.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
penciltron said:
im an idiot ive been preparing for like a month now and i feel like crap for screwing up the exam
module A blade runner etc went fine i hope i do well
but module B i dunno if i used enuf quotes, coz i spent a lot talking about shit like costuming and stage positions and my actions on stage as symbolic of all this crap, so not expecting to do that well
and module C i did it last it was a big messy rush and altho i think it mite be an ok essay if the teacher can actually read it well then maybe i have a chance
damn damn damn damn damn, i hate this feeling of knowing youve worked hard but did stupid things here and there and thats gonna cost me
the best feeling is when u do no work and still nail it ;)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
What was the CSSA question for Powerplay? Our school may or may not have used the Catholic paper but it did for AOS so im guessing we just had the CSSA paper. Was it the random essay question with the quote? Can't remember anything now, my head is out of it

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Meads said:
the best feeling is when u do no work and still nail it ;)
aww Meads, the poor thing! thats so slack 2 penciltron :eek:

yeah for 2 out of 3 of them anyway for me
and i only just read over stuff last night

LaCe said:
What was the CSSA question for Powerplay? Our school may or may not have used the Catholic paper but it did for AOS so im guessing we just had the CSSA paper. Was it the random essay question with the quote? Can't remember anything now, my head is out of it
I think it was something like discuss your understanding about representations and powerplay - something like that im not too sure anymore either

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
Yeah that was weird - one piece of material?

We asked our teacher and she said we wouldnt be penalised if we used two - so most of us did... Its a bit strange - in the HSC we're supposed to have at least two, arent we?
Well, theoretically they can specify anything - the CSSA has prescribed three speeches in the past...and they have asked for just one piece of related material for PP before. But nevertheless, I wish I could have done one...afaik, the teachers at my school would probably only mark one piece of related material + the set text, in which case adding another piece would only lose me marks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
LaCe said:
The front page would have had the CSSA emblem/logo on the top left-hand corner if you were doing that paper.
The question for powerplay was something along the lines of:
"Power has many sources, but it manifests itself most vividly through human relationships". Discuss with reference to your prescribed text and one other piece of related material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)