2005 CSSA English Advanced Trial (1 Viewer)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
I'm actually glad that the Lear question was about Regan. My family drama and feminist shat all over her.

And DAMNED FRONTLINE!!! Our teachers felt the need to alter it from ONE text to TWO!!!!! They actually willingly made it harder for us!!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
L_RES88 said:
Yeah Dazz I did Keating so I am happy about it! But I screwed up powerplay so I guess nature balances itself out. What's your next exam?
I think virtually everybody did Keating. They may as well have just said "Use Keating's" - I'm yet to find anyone who did Pearson's :p
My next exam would be Chem on Friday, so I've got a bit of a rest... :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
physician said:
yeh agreed!!!... the speeches question was a bit of a surprise
yeh I did keating as well as martin Luther although i did make specific reference to Abraham Lincoln as Martin Luther refers to him in his speech....
I did Lincoln + Keating, but I'm just breathing a sigh of relief that I read over Keating's last night. Although, I still had to fudge a couple of quotes but at least I remember 6 or 7...I think my letter ended up about 60% Abe and 40% Keating.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Sphyx said:
I'm actually glad that the Lear question was about Regan. My family drama and feminist shat all over her.

And DAMNED FRONTLINE!!! Our teachers felt the need to alter it from ONE text to TWO!!!!! They actually willingly made it harder for us!!!
I wish I got two additional texts for Module C. I had to fudge a few camera angles and camera shots to get me through with only one piece :(

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Sphyx said:

i wrote did related texts anyway.
first one in detail
the second one i just did briefly.

timmay05

HSC
For Frontline, my additional text was really dodgey, so I spoke about 5 of the Frontline episodes, sighting examples to prove points rather than just focus on 2 episodes or what have you.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Powerplay question was, yet again, written by my teacher. Seriously, I think she just makes them up on the spot.

know_it_all

hamlet/ ragad transformation was ok...
module b-wuthering heights...didnt go down too well
frontline...argh rushed like hell

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
still waiting said:
they changed ours to edmund and gonerill not regan..
I wonder why they changed both of my characters
It made it easier
i think i still screwed it up tho :(

reemz

HSC
well believe it or not my english trials were easier than my 1/2 yearlies, stupid english teacher that doesnt no how 2 make a good quest...... prob still fail tho....

Sol888

HSC
I think i did mad in the module questions....that one about yeats was hmm...welll could of been better -

just to set the standard, how much did every1 write?
i wrote 5,3,4 pages for each respective section

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Sol888 said:
I think i did mad in the module questions....that one about yeats was hmm...welll could of been better -

just to set the standard, how much did every1 write?
i wrote 5,3,4 pages for each respective section
8, 9 and 8 for a grand total of 25.

niall045

HSC
first two were ok, BR and Lear, but i stuffed frontline up. I couldnt remember any of my points so i was just makin stuff up. i dont think ill be doin too well.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
niall045 said:
Sheit. that is absolutely nuts.
Heh, what can I say :p...know your quotes and techniques, boys and girls. Only time will tell if it was 25 pages of crap or not....

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
niall045 said:
Sheit. that is absolutely nuts.
It depends on numerous factors...the number of lines per page + the number of words c_james writes per line (on average).

Personally, I wrote somewhere between 5 and 5.5 pages for each module, which generally equates to around 1200-1300 words...I'm not the fastest writer, but it gets me through.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
It depends on numerous factors...the number of lines per page + the number of words c_james writes per line (on average).

Personally, I wrote somewhere between 5 and 5.5 pages for each module, which generally equates to around 1200-1300 words...I'm not the fastest writer, but it gets me through.
Hmmm...roughly 9-10 words per line. I'd memorised a number of key paragraphs and such though, so I was pretty much writing constantly throughout.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I reckon 1100-1200 words is good for me. In that, I usually have about ~1000 actual essay words, and about 100/200 to suit the question/text type etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)