2005 CSSA Mathematics Trial Results Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
nah, hollerback girl, nope highest mark was 113, then 115, 113 (a few) 111... and so on
2 below 100
89 (me) :eek:
98 (someone else)
I CAME LAST :eek: *runs*
lmao. I am a bit confused... is 113 one of the highest marks or the average?

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
obviously a lot of smart pumpkins at sefton

i dont think JR would have such a high average but it would be close since they are very consistent

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
actuallu 113 wasnt the av
was 108.6
wow, sefton's doing better than i would've thought. (no offence)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
Jago said:
wow, sefton's doing better than i would've thought. (no offence)
yeah better than syd grammar, though i reckon the grammar paper is much harder

P

pLuvia

top at my school for 2u maths was 115 out of 120, lowest was 4 and this mark was obtained by HEAPS of people, im talking about 30 people
i think they scaled it up 4 marks because those 30 or so people got 4/120 lol

HSC
N/A
i reckon..what is it with these sefton people this year?
thats a really good average for maths.

hsc suckssss..does your school do other cssa papers like chem and phys?
if so, how did you guys go??

[Damo]

HSC
our school does CSSA papers of everything, phys. chem. english, etc.
maths 2005CSSA pretty easy

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
i did like cssa trials for ancient
and eng - but our eng gets marked hard
so like for adv 19/20 would equal 13/20 in our marks
damn school - puts us down :(

HSC
N/A
HSC sucksss...

i got 113, but similar to you my school average is really high as well. I think i might be ranked 15th if i am lucky. its crappy how my school doesn't give out rankings...its hard to know where you're at.

***question: is it true that in the real hsc exam, even if you came top in your school for the exam; the score goes to the person with the highest internal assessment mark. This was what my teacher told us. I feel like giving up now, coz even if i try really hard for the exam, the mark will just get given to someone else (since my internal ranking isn't that good;assumption since i don't know my ranking).

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
holla back girl said:
***question: is it true that in the real hsc exam, even if you came top in your school for the exam; the score goes to the person with the highest internal assessment mark. This was what my teacher told us. I feel like giving up now, coz even if i try really hard for the exam, the mark will just get given to someone else (since my internal ranking isn't that good;assumption since i don't know my ranking).
lets say u obtained the highest exam mark in ur school...

now the person with the highest internal mark gets ur exam mark as their internal... (keeping in mind that u obtained the highest exam mark)

however, u keep ur exam mark... it doesn't alter... it's just that u won't have the highest internal... so say u get 98% externally... the person coming 1st will have 98% as their internal assessment mark.. but that doesn't mean ur external mark is taken away from u... No!... ur just helping ur classmates out, and if the person ranked first internally gets , let's say 85% externally... then their exam mark stays at that.. no matter what they're ranked internally.

don't give up... i'm not sure if this is how u took it.. but alot of ppl get told exctly the same thing by their teachers and think it means u will be given a lower mark just because ur not ranked very high.. and he/she who is ranked first will snatch ur mark... UR EXAM MARK REMIANS UR EXAM MARK NO MATTER WHAT!!!.. only ur internal get's affected and that's where internal ranking comes into play

last yr a friend of mine was ranked 2nd in extension english.. but he managed to beat the person ranked first in the HSC exam.. and so he managed to obtain the highest final HSC mark for extension english even though he was ranked 2nd internally.... oh and by the way the gap between him and the person ranked 1st was at least 20% internally... or 10/50 (since it's a 1 unit course)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
physician:

Thanks for that insight.
I get what you mean, but isn't the overall mark an average of the hsc and internal; so either way it will still affect your mark yeh? does it affect your uai?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)