2005 CSSA Physics (1 Viewer)

simonj2

hero
HSC
having no projectile motion questions was really a let down, they are usually a few gauranteed marks that everyone else has trouble getting...

we had our q2q questions changed slightly, stuff about the uncertainty principle and exclusion principle

don't expect the exams to be loaded up anytime soon, part of the cssa rules are that all schools have to keep their exam papers for a certain amount of time after the date (i think it's around two weeks?)...

bcs theory questions were just plain evil, guess it was a fair question though - if you knew your stuff and were smart enough to make up the rest of it :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
simonj2 said:
having no projectile motion questions was really a let down, they are usually a few gauranteed marks that everyone else has trouble getting...

we had our q2q questions changed slightly, stuff about the uncertainty principle and exclusion principle

don't expect the exams to be loaded up anytime soon, part of the cssa rules are that all schools have to keep their exam papers for a certain amount of time after the date (i think it's around two weeks?)...

bcs theory questions were just plain evil, guess it was a fair question though - if you knew your stuff and were smart enough to make up the rest of it :)
That was changed this year afaik (the security period only exists till the conclusion of the test or test day or something). If you have it feel free to post it up.

Numero Uno

HSC
simonj2 said:

Yeah no projectile motion was quite bad

As for the BCS theory i think i gained a few marks there.

Overall it was a pretty good exam though my school came up with crappy option questions which were a real let down. (crappy as i couldnt do it :) )

HSC
if someone could post the exam that would be great practice for what to expect come my exam on tuesday (our schools writes ours)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
i did shit, too much theory going to lose lots of marks. Multiple choice was ok, but we had a core supplement that was hell hard! harder than cSsa questions!. Hey i was wandering you keplers law (r^3)/(t^2)= , what is that constant called?

Budz

HSC
Yea the CSSA was considerably easy, Our teacher made a supplement paper for our option, which also had core work which was relativly hard.
There was a projectile q's in it
This one actually involves thought processes
Q.
A golf ball is struck North, 5.6 seconds later it lands 180m away

(i) What was its height (2 marks)

(ii) What was its inital velocity, direction and angle (2 marks)

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
more boring projectile mtion

Budz said:
Yea the CSSA was considerably easy, Our teacher made a supplement paper for our option, which also had core work which was relativly hard.
There was a projectile q's in it
This one actually involves thought processes
Q.
A golf ball is struck North, 5.6 seconds later it lands 180m away

(i) What was its height (2 marks)

(ii) What was its inital velocity, direction and angle (2 marks)
wts the big deal with that - just ANOTHER boring proj.motion question - predictable and easy - -get u=x/t, uy=1/2at then use the equations/pyth/trig - a minutes worth of calcs doesnt rate as a great exam question.
PROJ.MOTION COMPONENTS ARE ONLY 3 CORE SYLLBUS PTS OUT OF NEARLY 150 - WHY WANT IT IN EVERY EXAM JUST COS ITS EASY MATHS??

Budz

HSC
Because its easy maths
Thus: Proj when in the exam is good..

Hey what did u get for that Q

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
Budz said:
Because its easy maths
Thus: Proj when in the exam is good..

Hey what did u get for that Q
LOL
no calc but ux about 31, uy about 28, theta bit less than 45, goes up about 40m - not that Ive ever seen a parabolic golf shot...

and of course the syllabus is ALL about golf!....lol.. - -nothing like a question in the right context!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
velox said:
golf balls do travel in parabolic motion.
not entirley parabolic however....

this is only an estimate ... keeping in mind that air resistance is neglected...

since we neglect air resietnace in questions within the scope of the HSC syllabus... we can say that the golf ball motion can infact be parabolic... although in a real life situation (where air resistance cannot simply be neglected)... we cannot say it's motion is entirely parabolic.

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
golf balls hardly ever parabolic

velox said:
golf balls do travel in parabolic motion.
No - -they dont when hit properly. In fact almost all golf shots add some spin to the ball, meaning that the dimpled ball may generate lift from backspin, for example. This causes the trajectory to slowly arc upwards from the initial direction (the opposite to the expected motion for a launched projectile). Gravity wins as the spin slows and the second half of the trajectory is closer to parabolic. Overall, from the side, the ball has a long ascent and shorter descent. Parabolic motion is symmetrical for a level surface.

who\'s_me_daddy

can sum1 post CSSA physics please? i really need it for my trials coming up which is starting next week! don't worry i don't do catholics papers. i do my own school 1
thanx i really appreciated if sum1 can post it! i'm going to ask for independent trials and NEAP too!!

richz

yeah if we can get it back............ and i doubt we can.........

who\'s_me_daddy

thanx xrtzx!! hm.. is the Caths paper hard or easy?? i wonder what sort of question would be ask in my trial?? probably similar to all u guys paper such as in independent and NEAP!! i'm stressing out T-T

who\'s_me_daddy

true, but i need to know though! like typical exam questions for this year because they are pretty similar!

i am wondering what sort of question were asked in CSSA paper and independent? can someone give me a clue!

thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)