2005 HSC Art Major works (1 Viewer)

CLRNCE

HSC
OMG you guys have had to hand yours in heaps early! ours aren't due till the 25th! sucked in! i only have a few finishing touches to make on my third pot and 6 small panels to put behind them! they are so hot right now! is anyone else out there doing ceramics? i'd love to see what you guys are up to and how far along you are! some people in my class have only done one pot and it hasn't even been fired yet!
talk to me!

Tingaling

HSC
its pretty good, mine is due this friday =____=" for trial marking. then the exhibition is on few weeks after that.. !!

Leah.Midd

HSC
im heaps pissed off....i only got 40/50 for my internal mark and my teacher wants to take out 3 of my images. This is after ive shown her fifty times and discussed wot ones will b included! i hate her and quite frankly i hate my artwork!

hipPo3

HSC
lol .. im sexpecting like .. 40 or so
i highly doubt i could get 50

im doing ink on paper .. when i get a ufficient amount done, ill post pics of it
monday is my last exam .. visual arts .. dammit >__< i sux at art thoery

cate_7x

HSC
Yeah but it's also heaps annoying when your teacher who has been encouraging your work for so long changes her mind about your artwork so suddenly. When we handed in our VAPDs for marking earlier in the year, I got a really crap mark - but the thing that annoyed me most was that my art teacher continued to say how great my VAPD was right up until marking.

Some teachers just need to tell you straight off whats wrong with your stuff so that you can fix it...

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
mine is due on the 29th of this month which is also my 18th birthday! i'm finished 2 of 3 panels, they r massive though, i basically stretched it to the limit in terms of size restrictions which made it difficult to work on, i did a bit of a Jackson Pollock.... Artworks on the floor and walked around them to paint them, i can't wait till its over, i'm really happy with the two that are finished...

gloomy

moo
HSC
isnt BoW due on the 25th? o_O;;

thanks for your comment dil =)

and... I cant believe some people have barely started!!!

nwatts

HSC
Leah.Midd said:
they are officially due by 9am on the 29th
No, they are "officially" due at 12am on the 28th.

I've got some digital stuff i'm still working on. However, this is a very simple Andy Warhol-inspired series of three prints currently at the printery now - http://ugbox.net/~nwatts/art/landelectronica.jpg. I three other more complex pieces that are still under construction! If you're at all interested, these are my latest saves - http://ugbox.net/~nwatts/art/reality.jpg, http://ugbox.net/~nwatts/art/truth.jpg, http://ugbox.net/~nwatts/art/webthink.jpg. I've got until around Friday to get these three off to the printery. Comments welcome!

I'm one who has left a lot of work to the "last minute". I'd say about 60% of all my efforts have been compressed into the last two weeks, which hasn't been great for my stress levels! With trials beginning tomorrow, i'm feeling *slightly* overwhelmed.

gloomy: Very nice. I can imagine you'll get very good marks for your body of works. It shows a sustained progression of ideas, as well as showing excellence in visual technique. Plus (as far as I can tell from a photo), it is all very resolved. Perhaps the left panel could do with some touching up? I can't really tell though, I'd need it in front of me.

Leah.Midd: Get another opinion. If there are more art teachers in your school, ask for their thoughts. If not, grab an English teacher or find an artist friend/relative who can offer advice. Your teacher may not be the be-all-and-end-all of artists/critics, so make sure you ask around.

I've got a friend who shares Art with me, and whose body of work would be quite literally killed if she followed the exact advice of our teacher. Luckily, we have another art teacher, who (I feel) has a much better grasp on art criticism, and has offered some very worthwhile advice.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
*sees* and i note the big fat H for "Hand into school" under the 29th in correspondence with the visual arts major body of work.....

nwatts

HSC
fi_babezy said:
*sees* and i note the big fat H for "Hand into school" under the 29th in correspondence with the visual arts major body of work.....
And can you see the "C" for "Completion Date" under the 28th?

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Lol- obviously you can't hand in a wet work LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllolololl
but still the definitive thing here is the "H".....

nwatts

HSC
fi_babezy said:
Lol- obviously you can't hand in a wet work LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllolololl
but still the definitive thing here is the "H".....
Well, you could. There's about a month between when they're handed in and when they're marked. (Unless you do digital media works, in which case they're sent off about two weeks after hand-in date.)

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
i don't know if i want to see peoples works!!! it will make me feel really scared and worried cos i don't know if mines good enough!!! i'll post a picture tonight when i'm on my own computer rather than the skools.

anne1987

HSC
well, i officially handed mine in today and am sooo relieved. i didnt start my artists statement until about 11pm last night, but it is finally done. i did a series of silkscreen prints and basically they are about gender stereotyping. im a little worried tho cos my art teacher told us that the place where our works are being sent has been flooded twice before and so we shouldnt give away our prints just yet in case our works are destroyed. anyways, feel free to take a look, the photos i took were a little blurry tho, its not your computer. :p hmmm...slight problem that i dont quite know how to attach my photos, so heres hoping for the best!

OK...yes...i am a fool... i will try again to attach these photos a bit later cos it is saying that the web page is unavaliable. then again i may completely forget to.

Last edited:

anne1987

HSC
YAY!!! clever me has finally figured out how to resize images!! so here is my BOW, may be a little small and pixelated, but its the best i could do... comments welcome! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)