2005 HSC Art Major works (1 Viewer)

arooshika...

HSC
through out this year i have been through depression so whenever i was feeling sad or alone i would take photos of myself and manipulate them in photoshop

some of the photos do not only represent sadness but othe emotions to that i would let the audience work out

these photos are heaps smaller and in lower resolution than the orginals because of the file size

some of the originals have also been editted from these ones and the pic 'me 6' wasnt in my major work cause it didnt go with the rest but i liked it anyway

i think 'me 2' is crappy but my teacher liked it so i went with it

Last edited:

penciltron

HSC
My major work
Heres my major work. I did a digital animation in Adobe After Effects. It got 48/50 for the internal examination.

http://www.rianlloyd.com/ChrisLloyd/Apeiron/

My artists statement:
"Through semiotic images in society, we are presented with paths which differ from the lives we lead. These paths, while seeming to lead us from conflict to resolution, are infact merely illusions in the narrative that is modern urban living: the labyrinth. Sometimes we feel the urge to escape the confines of the city, but the nature of this illusion proves the ever permeating nature of deception.

The white city and the various abstract realities within it have been influenced by modernist artists such as Victor Vasarely and Bridget Riley as well as novels such as ‘1984’. I explore abstract and monochromatic scenery as motifs to depict what we see as we choose a path in an imaginary reality.

The Apeiron is a cosmological theory created by Anaximander in the 6th century BC. It is an endless, unlimited mass subject to neither old age nor decay, which perpetually yields fresh materials from which everything which we can perceive is derived. It embraces opposites like light and dark, real and unreal, and directed the movement of things, by which evolved the host of shapes and differences we find in the world. It relates to my piece by being the link between the fictitious world we see in the work, and the world that surrounds us in everyday life."
cool film! hope you do well !!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Chris.Lloyd said:
Heres my major work. I did a digital animation in Adobe After Effects. It got 48/50 for the internal examination.

My artists statement:
"Through semiotic images in society, we are presented with paths which differ from the lives we lead. These paths, while seeming to lead us from conflict to resolution, are infact merely illusions in the narrative that is modern urban living: the labyrinth. Sometimes we feel the urge to escape the confines of the city, but the nature of this illusion proves the ever permeating nature of deception.

The white city and the various abstract realities within it have been influenced by modernist artists such as Victor Vasarely and Bridget Riley as well as novels such as ‘1984’. I explore abstract and monochromatic scenery as motifs to depict what we see as we choose a path in an imaginary reality.

The Apeiron is a cosmological theory created by Anaximander in the 6th century BC. It is an endless, unlimited mass subject to neither old age nor decay, which perpetually yields fresh materials from which everything which we can perceive is derived. It embraces opposites like light and dark, real and unreal, and directed the movement of things, by which evolved the host of shapes and differences we find in the world. It relates to my piece by being the link between the fictitious world we see in the work, and the world that surrounds us in everyday life."

Adore your work, the rendering is awesome and the complexity freaking astounds me, although it looks simplistic, man i hope im as good as u are..!

Counterfeit

HSC
:)

Thourally impressed

Arg, i want to post mine but the only photo's I have are from the schools photo guy, and for some reason all detail is lost and he warped them before he printed them, so the dimentions are all screwed.... but i still keep them in my wallet, theyre like my little babies heheh.

By the end of this week I'll try get some pics up.

There are 5, 100x70cm predominantly charcoal images, just so you know what to expect.

ahmi

HSC
It's probably a little bit late to post up artwork...
but here's mine, it's a flash, the original swf is like 27mb....so used sum screen capturer to capture it, however, I apologise for the POOR QUALITY of image and music, should have been much smoother
somehow it pisses me off when I view it, but this is the best out of the others I tried
hope it's bearable
and coz I used sum chinese demo software to capture, so there's a thing saying unregistered version in chinese....

I got 47/50 for school, I thought it's pretty good, however, now it just depresses me, as I found more and more things I could fix up, and coz of sum other reasons that I cnt even explain, just thk it's crap........

It was becoz a SMS from my ex-bf on new year's eve saying "even though the fireworks are pretty, we shine more than them."
As life goes on, I realised that, we may shine more than fireworks, however, many things are just as short lasting as fireworks. Behind and after the shine of fireworks, there’s always darkness. Youth, joy, love, hatred, desire, conflicts and destiny are examples of the complexity of life which I am trying to convey through my animation. I really did go through a period of depression during it, as I keep hving on and off relationship his my ex..........then he introduced me to his gf not long ago...

well~ it's in .wmv format, and is 3.5mb.......hope this wouldnt turn u off...
RIGHT click and SAVE/SAVE AS

really sorry for the bad quality...
it's kinda missing sum details too.....

http://www.freewebtown.com/ahmi_breifcase/gallery/150068/vid-145302.wmv

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Chris.Lloyd, I like ur animation too......
mine is just crap...><.....

Last edited:

runboynick

Chris.Lloyd said:

My artists statement:

Mr Lloyd...did you get into Art express?

Chris Lloyd

Uh I've got no idea. I haven't got a letter and my art teacher hasn't said anything to me either.

elisabeth

HSC
Chris.Lloyd said:
Uh I've got no idea. I haven't got a letter and my art teacher hasn't said anything to me either.
I am not arty in the slightest and will reluctantly admit not really to 'get' the concept... but that was bloody amazing. So well rendered. I loved the chequered red/black bits and the final shots going through the city.... O.O just completely brilliant. Well done mate. :D

leeoh

HSC
Here's my b.o.w
since its already been markd..i thought i might as well contribute to this thread.

http://www.renderosity.com/photos/ArtistArticle12988.jpg

Thanks Penciltron for hosting the picture :)

Umm..its 4 large drawings done in pencils and a tiny bit of ink.

Here's the statement for it:

"Mnemonic Transition" - My artwork explores the notion of time, its passing, and its interchangeable existence within the human mind. While the different styles i have employed in my drawing reflect techniques of the traditional past, and present, my personal memories are the manifestation of how time affects humanity and nostalgia. this is as much a structural work as it is subjective.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
leeoh said:
Here's my b.o.w
since its already been markd..i thought i might as well contribute to this thread.

"Mnemonic Transition" - My artwork explores the notion of time, its passing, and its interchangeable existence within the human mind. While the different styles i have employed in my drawing reflect techniques of the traditional past, and present, my personal memories are the manifestation of how time affects humanity and nostalgia. this is as much a structural work as it is subjective.
Mate, I am a Cynical heartless bastard... but your works there are excellent. I hope you keep up the hobby

helenpoo

HSC
I gotta say, you people make me wish I actually dedicated the whole year on my BOW.

I have no doubt I'm going to see some of these at Art Express. And if not, shame on the curators o_O

Counterfeit

HSC
leeoh said:
Here's my b.o.w

wow. One of my artworks originally had heaps of faces in the background, but after i week i scrapped it as it just so fucking hard and time consuming to create faces that are orginal yet are in proprtion.
Yet you did it! That's amazing, i seriously can not flaw one face in that picture, and theyre all so diverse!
Well done!

penciltron

HSC
Here's my b.o.w

http://www.renderosity.com/photos/A...rticle12988.jpg

Thanks Penciltron for hosting the picture

pffff hack!
hehe u already got my feedback and all that crap, so you know wat to improve for next time...there better be a next time..dont give up drawing on me now....:p

good work man im glad you got pre selected too you deserve it and best of luck for art express, your subject matter is perfect for art express, and all the technical parts are there!
cheers!

leeoh

HSC
:d

hehe thanks man (penciltron) and congrads on ur preselection too!!... it was obvious hehe
Everyone go chek penciltron's b.o.w it's leet.

And "Counterfeit", i know wat u mean man...theres soo many times i felt like giving up ... haha almost gave my art teacher heartattacks here and thre..but i gotta cosntantly motivate myself to finsih it. and penciltron woulda kick the shit out of me if i left it :D
but yeah all worth it in the end.
Btw im curious wat did u alternatively do?...any pics?

H.S.What?

HSC
leeoh said:
Here's my b.o.w

.............wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)