2005 PIP TOPICS ... WHAT ARE THE 05ers DOING? (1 Viewer)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
jack white said:
i hate that little "THERE ARE 229 DAYS TO THE HSC" line underneath each thread. talk about intimidating. they should put "THERE ARE 200-and something DAYS TO YOUR FREEDOM" instead!
Freedom? Lolz, Shouldn't it be "200- and someting DAYS till Mr Jack White takes a train to the city and sits all alone in a cafe, sipping his coffee and pondering what he's gona do with the rest of his life while the rest of us are at schoolies or partying elsewhere? :p

Muahahahhhaa!

I'm on the net at 8am....jee that is sad....:-S.....I'll see you guys in about a half an hour at school!!

And for that comment you made about me and White Spazzy......*clenches fist and smiles evilily*

kitson

HSC
pip introduction

can any one help me how the hell do you write the pip intro. i've nearly finished my research, ive yet to get books and write surveys. i'm really stuck i do the course by distance education and im struggling. my pip topic is abortion and why people choose to be pro life vs pro choice - what influences that.

soulshine

HSC
wow! nearly finished your research? lol, i havent started mine. woot!

i dunno exactly how to help you, but reading over some old pips (if you can get your hands on them) might help you get an idea of what needs to be done. are you in sydney? the state library has a collection of totally rocking PIPs that could be beneficial.

soulshine

HSC
wait, no. central coast. right. got you. well if you feel like making a day trip to the state library it could be worth your while :)

(ok somebody else answer this one.)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
soulshine said:
wait, no. central coast. right. got you. well if you feel like making a day trip to the state library it could be worth your while :)

(ok somebody else answer this one.)

Wow, THANKS SOULSHINE!! I didn't know that the state library had pips there.....i might take a trip down there when i'm in the city next......And to Kitson....

State Library is good to go to, but why don't you just ask "Jack White" he's already started writing his introduction and he said we can "bitch and moan all we like" muhahaahahhaha....Seriously ask him, even though his ego is as big as his head (which is pretty big) hahahhahah nah Jackie i'm joking! Please treat me gently for that one! But yeah he's pretty smart so ask him for some help and i'm sure he'd help u!!!

As for me I've barely completed my secondary researchh....so i've got a long way to go before i go crawling to Jackie for some help!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
don't call me jackie. when i hear that all i can think of is that egregious song, "jack, jack jackie...can't get you off my mind". oh well, see all you pipsters tomorrow at the PIP day - a day to get motivated!!!

woo hoo, sleep in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
oh i forgot...

hey kitson. i haven't really started writing my PIP introduction just yet - i've just started writing down stuff that i can use in my PIP central material later on. i've written about 800 words of "good" ideas. my advice to you, and i am sure many senior members would agree with this (or so i hope) - just scribble down all your ideas onto paper or as "white spazzy" has said, find yourself a tape recorder and record any thought that comes to your mind.

my teacher (good ol' Bronny) will support me on this one - it is not the best idea to write your introduction first (but go ahead if you want to - you can do it, you don't have to listen to me at all), your intro should be very strong and if you aren't sure of your central material than you cannot state your PIP argument strongly in an intro (i hope i am making sense). really, i think you should get your ideas for your central material in mind first before writing an intro. what is so great about the PIP is that it isn't a strict essay, you can work your own way through it without feeling restricted by the boring structure of a goddamn essay.

so my advice, while it may not be entirely legitimate, is that you:
1. get your ideas on paper
2. work out a clear PIP thesis
3. framework your PIP (decide on chapters, topics, sources)
4. just write in whatever order you want to...
5. reference all quotes (or you can do this as you go along, your choice)...
6. write a bibliography unless you already have one and then
7. edit, edit, edit, edit...

i don't know if i have helped you but i think i have just might have helped myself. hopefully we are both winners.

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
soulshine said:
jack white, i really like your idea! More recently 'metrosexualilty' is becoming such a widespread accepted way of defining more image-conscious guys, and perhaps now that it has such definition, maybe more guys are inclined to follow a metrosexual way of viewing and presenting themselves. not sure if its been done before, but i havent heard anything. So i say go for it!

I'm investigating the effects that lyrical content in music has on whether an individual develops self-actualising characteristics...

i'm comparing the listeners of Xavier Rudd to those of Slipknot.

While i'm on the topic, if any of you are really into either Xavier Rudd or Slipknot and think that you could articulate to me why exactly you like the respective artist/band and what you gain from listening to them, then please PM me or email me or something! and once i've got all my shit together i can use you in either a focus group or interview or something...

cheers!

even thow im crazy about Xavier i listen to slip aswell u can interview me or whatever cause i like them both

winicat

HSC
kitson said:
can any one help me how the hell do you write the pip intro.
If anyone can tell you where it is (I've lost the URL) there is a really good SaC website that outlines each component of the PIP clearly.

For the introduction you need to talk (briefly) about where your topic came from. In my own PIP i did this by mentioning the in-class unit that prompted my topic. I guess this gets two birds with one stone (or whatever the phrase is) because it also tells the marker the connection to the syallabus. You also have to introduce your links to the SaC concepts (time, culture, environment, persons, society) and can be done through words or a diagram (someitmes easier, depends on your topic htough). Also talk about the topic's realtion to you (this is a personal interest project) as well as, perhaps, mentioning the methodologies undertaken for your research.

Don't forget, both in your intro and throughout the entire work, you can refer to yourself as much as you want. This may make it easier to write your intro as you are able to be "freer" rather than very "clincal" in your appraoch to it.

I suggest just wiriting an intro without worrying about the word limit. If it is over you can go back and cut sections that are not as important. And if it is under you can expand on the points you have already made.

EDIT: Click here for the URL I mentioned above -- i found it, go me! :)

EDIT: Actually, that isn't the site I was thinking of!! This is actually the link you need to follow: S&C Association - PIP info

Last edited:

Criddy

Crid
HSC
Im doing Male role models in primary school education. But the problem is the teacher is someone who only helps the top students and i have no clue of whats meant to actually be in the main body or anything, so yeah, Everybodys topic sound really interesting.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Criddy said:
Im doing Male role models in primary school education. But the problem is the teacher is someone who only helps the top students and i have no clue of whats meant to actually be in the main body or anything, so yeah, Everybodys topic sound really interesting.
That doesn't sound very good, your teacher should concentrate more on the students that need help rather then the top students. Maybe if you pulled him/her aside at the end of lesson and explained that you need help they'd be more willing. Also there is an excel book on Society And Culture, i have it and it's really good.

Mahogany

HSC
I'm looking at animals as entertainment and the reasons people are involved. I'm kinda stuck because I planned to interview a circus (they hung up on me), and a zoo and aquarium (neither of which will respond to me). So there goes a methodology and a thousand or two words. :?

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
They hung up on you? how RUDE!! That's so mean, the least they could have done was just say they don't have the time or something but hanging up - pfft!! Keep nagging the aquariums etc. and ringing and ringing until you get a response, if you keep annoying them they'll pay attention to u! hehe. Good luck with everything!

sammi176

my pip

my pip is titled "the social stigma of acne" and talks mostly abou the self esteem and social withdrawal that youn peoples experience due to the sufferring if acne.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I can relate to that...............I had BAD acne, and had it on my back as well so trust me i know what it's like. If you develop a questionnaire and need people to fill it out, send it to me!!

ahacohen

HSC
My PIP

Well i recently changed my pip from doing teenagers in todays society who smoke and do drugs, and the impacts they have on today's society. YEAH THIS SOUNDS BORING.

So i have changed my topic to MARRIAGE: I DO or I DON't.
This is basically talking about marriage as you could guess, and why or why not ppl don't want to get married. This includes all types of marriages, such as arranged marriages.

I NEED ALOT OF HELP. So i set up a thread in the General section, in Love and Relationships. IF ANY COULD POSSIBLY help me out by writing their opinion in this thread it will be very much appreciated. OH AND THAT IS MY WAY OF DOING A FOCUS GROUP. So PLZ Help.

Tess18

HSC
Im focusing my PIP on Internet relationships finding out how really reliable they and how they form.

Anyone have any ideas as to what i could do extra 4 my pip?

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
Tess18 said:
Im focusing my PIP on Internet relationships finding out how really reliable they and how they form.

Anyone have any ideas as to what i could do extra 4 my pip?

do u have hotmail they have something on there called matchmaker or somthing look for that

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
im almost finished!! I totally plan on finishing my PIP these holidays. I've done about 2500 and i totally know what i else i have to rite.

Every1 start writing. It makes u feel so much less stressed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)