2006 USYD Law I (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know if you guys know the UWS campus but I have one class at the back of the south campus and another straight after on the North campus (which is across victoria rd) I wouldn't worry about missing out on much, I know my law classes finish 5-10 mins earlier so that the lecturers and students have time to get to class.

HSC
On the bright side, you're all gonna get really fit! Now you can enter class with nicely toned legs, all without going to the gym! Well, I'm hoping thats what I will achieve. Walked from Central Lecture Block down to lower campus where e spot is and back up again to John Clancy today. I feel fitter already! ;)

coulda

HSC
LOL!! um no...actually i dont fancy running on slopey roads/jagged roads with a bag full of heavy books/lecture notes [plus having to lug a massive violin case (with violin inside it..lol) as I run and with me in all classes on Mondays 'cause of SUSO at 6pm]

hmm i dont care about the legs as much as missing out on important stuf the lecturer/supervisor of seminar has said, embarrassment of getting to class late and leaving bad impression...

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
coulda said:
lol um i guess i was one of those "nerds" (but that's 'cause i actually am not allowed to do anything else to do in the holidays!!)..in fact, i think i was the first one to go observing courts..i went as soon as i got that assignment on enrolment day, and i read the entire textbook, some of the course notes, and went to borrow some books from the Law Library....and right now ive already started on that essay (not finished yet) but already over the max word limit (1000 words) by..er.1000!!

actually next to each paragraph of my essay i wrote "this majorly needs revising"

so is this indicative of all usyd law students.....?

coulda, it's really not a problem walking those distances at usyd. however, if you had a tute in mackie, which is essentially in the suburbs, and then PNR, then you'd have something to complain about :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
charlie_charlie said:
Walked from Central Lecture Block down to lower campus where e spot is and back up again to John Clancy today. I feel fitter already! ;)
OR, in the alternative, being called to run from CLB to Quad, only to be told to run up again. ;)

coulda

HSC
okay okay I'll stop complaining about walking those distances...I actually really enjoy walking, just not having to do that with lugging heavy stuff....=P

(and btw gordo and Mountain.Dew I dont own a bike/scooter/skateboard)

hey Mountain.Dew were u at the Law Faculty welcome yesterday?
weren't the Dean and Oliver Jones awesome??!!! :)

coulda

HSC
dum dee dum.......

arggh first lecture on Monday - MATH1902 - Linear Algebra (Advanced)..
followed by LAWS 1006 - Foundations..(will skip CHEM 1901)..

El Misterio

HSC
I'd pay good money to see a McCallum / Jones double-act.

And coulda, your enthusiasm is commendable but you may want to think about dialling it down a bit at uni, especially in your law classes.

Last edited:

coulda

HSC
hahaha any reasons why? =P
im not THAT "enthusiastic"!! im just worried and stressed thats why im going into such effort...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I say revel in it hun. You did the hard yards and got into the most prestigious law school in the state, if not the country.....don't be worried and stressed, be excited!!!

El Misterio

HSC
Yes, don't stress too much and just enjoy your classes and life at uni generally. The content of the Foundations of Law (or whatever they're calling it this year) isn't conceptually difficult, though depending on the state and extent of your present knowledge of the law and the legal profession you may find it to be a steep learning-curve. Just keep on top of your readings and assessments and you'll be fine.

Make sure to take some time out from study to hit up the Marly Bar and Kuletos.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I still haven't done court observation :\...

El Misterio

HSC
A 100 UAI, Chuck Norris and Kierkegaard. A truly impressive combination.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
El Misterio said:
A 100 UAI, Chuck Norris and Kierkegaard. A truly impressive combination.
absolute brilliance. c_james, no need to worry. u'll be fine, trust me :)

coulda said:
hey Mountain.Dew were u at the Law Faculty welcome yesterday?
weren't the Dean and Oliver Jones awesome??!!! :)
ah yes, they were quite good. some nice, encouraging words from both people. and you could tell that Oliver Jones either did debating at high school; joined the debating committee; or developed a brilliant seriously sarcastic tone during his time at uni studying law. the dean is a nice guy. some good words as well...particularly about the 'priveliege of service' part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)