2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (2 Viewers)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Lachlan18

HSC
No, not just Labor. The Greens or Democrats will do also. But apart from that, you're pretty much on the ball. Good work! :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: 2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

greens = legalise ice, stop exporting coal, use good feelings for electricity, fucking idiots generally.
democrats = sellouts, nazi communists would probably get more votes than them
labor = a unionist by any other name would smell as awful

sorry guys g2g to columbia for my union meeting, hope i dont get assassinated (they have better labor laws there so its totally cool)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Lachlan18 said:
The Liberal Party... nah, we'll be here for days.
yes excellent reply

spiny norman

HSC

jb_nc said:
greens = legalise ice
Well people certainly don't take it at all while it's illegal!

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

spiny norman said:
Well people certainly don't take it at all while it's illegal!
hmm yes people murder each other while its illegal we should totally legalise that too

lol honestly if you think ice should be legal you are a fucking idiot, its like the worst drug ever, shoot heroin instead

not even a country as liberal as Holland would legalise it

spiny norman

HSC

jb_nc said:
hmm yes people murder each other while its illegal we should totally legalise that too
Dumb. We're not talking about murder, we're talking about taking ice.

lol honestly if you think ice should be legal you are a fucking idiot, its like the worst drug ever, shoot heroin instead
Yes, it's a bad drug, hence why we should legalise it. Addiction's an illness, not a crime.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

spiny norman said:
Yes, it's a bad drug, hence why we should legalise it. Addiction's an illness, not a crime.
lolin
on
line

how would legalising ice change anything? i want a serious answer. no doubt you cannot provide me with one

i.e will you buy it at a shop or with a prescription? @ a shop will create more addicts (who you seem to love) and if you have to get a prescription, what doctor would prescribe meth, hence it would continue on illegally and nothing would change... if its going to continue on sold by dealers in back alleys that wouldn't eliminate the problem of meth labs or the money needed to finance their addiction.

meth literally kills you and it would cost medicare thousands. at least with cannabis you can argue it is harmless and has medicinal effects

did you even think it out

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Just to ease Neb's concerns, a Morgan Poll out today has ALP in front by a massive 58-42 on a 2PP basis...

Confirms that galaxy was a rogue poll...

spiny norman

HSC

jb_nc said:
how would legalising ice change anything?
Those who possess the drug would no longer be seen as being criminals, so yeah, I'd say that would change some things. Also, it would mean that there could be a more solid guarantee of the quality of the drug (and not just some shit thrown together that will be lethal), so there'd be less deaths as a result from it. It could be provided at a cheaper price, so drug-related crime will decrease, and the amount issued could be regulated so as to lessen the amount of overdoses.

will you buy it at a shop or with a prescription? @ a shop will create more addicts (who you seem to love) and if you have to get a prescription, what doctor would prescribe meth, hence it would continue on illegally and nothing would change
Well that can be a matter for debate, but your saying it being available at shops will create more addicts, so I ask you, and all people reading this: who of you would take to using ice if it were legal? Knowing the health risks involved. I'd be surprised if usage went up by any more than 2%, so long as people were kept fully informed of the dangers involved.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
frog12986 said:
Just to ease Neb's concerns, a Morgan Poll out today has ALP in front by a massive 58-42 on a 2PP basis...

Confirms that galaxy was a rogue poll...
Who wants to sign my petition to end polling before an election? I'd sign it.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

spiny norman said:
Those who possess the drug would no longer be seen as being criminals, so yeah, I'd say that would change some things. Also, it would mean that there could be a more solid guarantee of the quality of the drug (and not just some shit thrown together that will be lethal), so there'd be less deaths as a result from it. It could be provided at a cheaper price, so drug-related crime will decrease, and the amount issued could be regulated so as to lessen the amount of overdoses.
welp we're not criminals any more sweet who cares about meth psychosis... its totally legal *takes another puff of ice pipe*

lol, all for lookin after the addicts i see? glad to see they can get mad pure crystal under spiny normans drug plan

Well that can be a matter for debate, but your saying it being available at shops will create more addicts, so I ask you, and all people reading this: who of you would take to using ice if it were legal? Knowing the health risks involved. I'd be surprised if usage went up by any more than 2%, so long as people were kept fully informed of the dangers involved.
just ogin to the shop will pick up some milk, bread and 2 grams of meth

2% is too much (did you press any button on the numpad for that or strategically make it up???), lol, isn't the whole reason of legalisation to reduce addicts. hmm, yes, lets make it easier to get and increase the number of addicts while we're at it

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Why don't we just instate Labour in now? That way Rudd can do some cleaning up with IR laws (ie. sweep it under a rug ;) and Howard can start packing =)

daffodil4me

daffodil4me
HSC

rudd is awesome

i love the guy

hes got my vote for sure
xo

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Who wants to sign my petition to end polling before an election? I'd sign it.
Oh mememememe.

It's irritating as fuck, and the less Howard gets to play the underdog card the better.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Is it just me or has this been a really really slow political week? All that seems to have happened apart from Keating doing his periodic rant was Costello bleating about 'L-plates'.

frog12986 said:
More specific to Australia however, once again, our role in foreign affairs and international influence has been greatly overstated. We are a small nation, that has little or no impact on the subistence of the 'western economy'.
Don't let Alexander Downer hear you say that. He'll harangue you for perpetuating 'the myth of little Australia'. And since it's a slow political week and I'm procrastinating, highlights:

My view is that we are not just a "middle power", as my predecessor, Gareth Evans, often asserted.
We are not a middling nation, but a considerable power, the sixth largest in total land mass.
Kim Beazley routinely articulated Labor's position as its Federal leader in 1998.

He told the national Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the need for innovation "to compensate for what we lack in competitive clout by being a small nation."

I repeat "a small nation".

Where does Simon Crean stand on this fundamental question?

It's difficult to know.

Neither as Labor's Deputy Leader nor as Leader in his own right, has he distanced himself from the Beazley Line, so to speak.

Nor has he rebuked Kevin Rudd, his spokesman on Foreign Affairs, when he described Australia as "a small nation".
Isn't it wonderful how Alex turns a speech on his personal political philosophy into a cheap and vague attack on his opponent? And, because he's an idiot, we have the wonderful:

[F]or the bourgeois Left [national identity] has degenerated into a party-political game which they have played shamelessly hard ball.
Hypocrite.

And, of course, we have the usual 'elites', 'commentariat', 'the Left', etc. The most satisfying part of the defeat of the Liberals (whenever it may occur) will be knowing that we are no longer represented in the world by Downer.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

When Fraser was PM, he took Downer with him on a goodwill/Cth tour of Africa (to witness the poverty, embarass SA etc), and Downer kept trying to make these really fucking stupid jokes about imperialism/white rule etc - really humiliating himself. At one point, a camera picked up a private conversation between them both, where Fraser said "If you dont stop being the prick you are, I shall resign and make your idiocy common knowledge"

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Iron said:
When Fraser was PM, he took Downer with him on a goodwill/Cth tour of Africa (to witness the poverty, embarass SA etc), and Downer kept trying to make these really fucking stupid jokes about imperialism/white rule etc - really humiliating himself. At one point, a camera picked up a private conversation between them both, where Fraser said "If you dont stop being the prick you are, I shall resign and make your idiocy common knowledge"
Hahahahaha. Never heard of that before. Downer also gave us the immortal "things that batter".

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
201055 said:
Why don't we just instate Labour in now? That way Rudd can do some cleaning up with IR laws (ie. sweep it under a rug ;) and Howard can start packing =)
daffodil4me said:
rudd is awesome

i love the guy

hes got my vote for sure
xo
I think that Kevin Rudd's a great person- a man who's really got the qualities of a leader to lead this country. Both of you will just have to wait patiently till later this year. :)

On the note of this "small nation", I believe that, due to population size, Australia is a small country but however, Australia does play a significant part in the global economy (rather than 'little' or 'no') since we have the 13th or 14th largest GDP in the world and hence such a high GDP per capita (compared to the rest of the world).

Also, thumbs up to Iron for his extensive knowledge on political history. :cool:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Iron said:
Another good story, Menzies in about the 1970s, late in his life, wrote to the deputy of the Queensland Liberal party and said, "as long as the ABC continues to broadcast, the Labor party needs no propaganda wing."

I lol'd.

NOTE: I don't think the ABC is filled with lefties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)