2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Globalisation has rendered PMs petty managers. Charm doesnt improve living standards - this is the tragedy of democracy. I find it hard to care whether this government should be thrown out. Im generally uninterested in the promises and policy. Both will say what needs to be said, if Rudd can do that better, then our system declares him winner. They're both opportunists. They both understand that all that matters is power.
I just want blood. I want to see a brutal, crushing and total defeat of a once invinsible foe. Im sick, I know, but all that matters is power and the way it's achieved. There are no objective ethics. Justice, truth and good is determined by the powerful (and their legions of souless lawyers). If democracy is the means of achieving power, then fine. I'd just as easily accept tribal war; force/will is still the decider. For me, this election is a kill for the naked sake of killing. It will be gruesome, akin to the sadism of the Roman coliseum.
Bring it

sthcross.dude

HSC
Iron said:
Globalisation has rendered PMs petty managers. Charm doesnt improve living standards - this is the tragedy of democracy. I find it hard to care whether this government should be thrown out. Im generally uninterested in the promises and policy. Both will say what needs to be said, if Rudd can do that better, then our system declares him winner. They're both opportunists. They both understand that all that matters is power.
I just want blood. I want to see a brutal, crushing and total defeat of a once invinsible foe. Im sick, I know, but all that matters is power and the way it's achieved. There are no objective ethics. Justice, truth and good is determined by the powerful (and their legions of souless lawyers). If democracy is the means of achieving power, then fine. I'd just as easily accept tribal war; force/will is still the decider. For me, this election is a kill for the naked sake of killing. It will be gruesome, akin to the sadism of the Roman coliseum.
Bring it
I agree.

as Jon Stewart put it when told that Democrats and Republicans believe in what they are fighting for:

"They do believe in it, but they are not making honest arguments"

so true.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
what happened to ozpolitics blog? anyone have an explanation why its down

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
Enteebee said:
im voting for whoever promises to give my electorate the most shit.
looks like you will be voting for the ALP, they will promise everything and anything without really thinking of where the money will come from. The recent NSW state election is such an example

sthcross.dude

HSC
hunter1 said:
looks like you will be voting for the ALP, they will promise everything and anything without really thinking of where the money will come from. The recent NSW state election is such an example
As opposed to the coalition who dont deliver anything and just spend all our money on partisan government advertising.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
sthcross.dude said:
As opposed to the coalition who dont deliver anything and just spend all our money on partisan government advertising.
but i need that information to stay informed!

sthcross.dude

HSC
how else would we no that everything is fine and the government is doing an excellent job (keeping the economy strong)

of course labor would be just as reckless with advertising and NSW Campaign was equally disgusting.

loved that Chaser send up of government adds. someone post a you tube link.

sthcross.dude

HSC
Musk said:
Oh yea!!!! they got the magical fairy to pull a magic spell out its arse where it keeps employment at 30 yr lows.

The fairy's name in case you wondered is Gonarada!
ok they have delivered some things. it was a flippant remark unworthy of analysis.

forsaken999

HSC
Musk said:
Oh yea!!!! they got the magical fairy to pull a magic spell out its arse where it keeps employment at 30 yr lows.

The fairy's name in case you wondered is Gonarada!
i doubt any partially competent government would have any trouble in keeping our economy running "smoothly" during a period of such large economic growth due to the emergence of the developing economies like India and China which have driven the demand for our bountiful commodities through the roof. this along with the evolution of our social values in relation to women in the workplace, i hardly see how labour could have done much worse on the employment front...

sthcross.dude

HSC
forsaken999 said:
i doubt any partially competent government would have any trouble in keeping our economy running "smoothly" during a period of such large economic growth due to the emergence of the developing economies like India and China which have driven the demand for our bountiful commodities through the roof. this along with the evolution of our social values in relation to women in the workplace, i hardly see how labour could have done much worse on the employment front...
plz not the luck v good management debate again. PLEEEEEASE!

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
hahaha....this video highlights the issues of freedom of speech and censorship perfectly.
yesterday, this video had 1000+ comments, today there are 183 and making comments have been disabled.
well done john howard on censoring oyur critics...worst of all, on youtube, lol what a loser.
YOUTUBE CRITICS: The most critical of all.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
it's funny how john howard's answers to questions have nothing to do with the question itself. i watched 7.30 report just then.. kerry asked him about his relationship with costello, and he somehow manages to brag about his 11 years of leadership, and diss labour. totally uncalled for.

if i had a vote, i'd go green. rudd is the new howard. ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTqjCh_C1I haha.hah. says it all really.

Last edited:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
jb_nc said:
YOUTUBE CRITICS: The most critical of all.
well, if youre going to censor criticism on a website like youtube, that, itself, is a serious indictment on the liberals who posted the video

sthcross.dude

HSC
onebytwo said:
well, if youre going to censor criticism on a website like youtube, that, itself, is a serious indictment on the liberals who posted the video
oh please. i pretty much wrote the book on indictments.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
timlay said:
it's funny how john howard's answers to questions have nothing to do with the question itself. i watched 7.30 report just then.. kerry asked him about his relationship with costello, and he somehow manages to brag about his 11 years of leadership, and diss labour. totally uncalled for.

if i had a vote, i'd go green. rudd is the new howard. ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTqjCh_C1I haha.hah. says it all really.
yes i had the misfortune of seeing the interview, where he mentioned "lowest unemp. in 33 years, no govt debt, surplus economy" in response to each of the quetions, which were all on the howard, costello relationship

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Tony Abbot just said 'shit happens' in response to the 'Stello biz.
I think this government has lost its virtue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)