2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters
P

pen-el-ope

Rudd has to win.
Howard has had long enough to destroy the country.
And thank god people are just starting to realise this.........its only taken what 11 years.....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Ooh, qualitative polling! Just what I've been wishing for!

Focus groups of soft voters in marginal seats, conducted for the ALP:
"He's just marking time until after the election."

"He's only in it for himself now."

"I used to view him as consistent but not any more. He's in no-man's land. He's slipping. He should have retired years ago."

"He should have retired."

"He's not keeping up with Rudd. He just doesn't seem committed any more."

"He looks desperate. Everything he is doing is for the election."

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
howard fall down. funny.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
pen-el-ope said:
Rudd has to win.
Howard has had long enough to destroy the country.
And thank god people are just starting to realise this.........its only taken what 11 years.....
...but the country hasn't been destroyed.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/24/1987333.htm

The Australian Greens say they're unlikely to preference either the Liberals or Labor in the seats of Braddon and Bass at the federal election.

The two marginal northern Tasmanian seats are held by the Liberals after Labor lost them in the 2004 election.
zomg! The major parties must be quivering in their boots! Green voters are eventually going to have to give their vote to one or the other, since they have to number all candidates for their vote to be formal, so Labor will still pick up ~80% of Green preferences whatever happens.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Triangulum said:
Ooh, qualitative polling! Just what I've been wishing for!
Focus groups of soft voters in marginal seats, conducted for the ALP:
Selectively 'leaked' internal party polls are essentially worthless.

The latest Roy Morgan qualitative research can be found here.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Triangulum said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/24/1987333.htm

zomg! The major parties must be quivering in their boots! Green voters are eventually going to have to give their vote to one or the other, since they have to number all candidates for their vote to be formal, so Labor will still pick up ~80% of Green preferences whatever happens.
Won't this have an effect on the upper house though?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Upper house 90+% of people vote above the line, and you just put a 1 in the box and the parties themselves decide how preferences flow (thus fulfilling compulsory preferential requirements), so they have to go Libs or Labor at some point. Also analysis of where the Greens have had split tickets shows that 80+% of it goes to the ALP anyway.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
sanjay_88 said:
do most of you people who support labor even know why you do so? what policies do you support? what policies of the coalition do you oppose, besides the policy towards Iraq, which is probably the main reason most of you dislike Howard and his party.

Australia is seeing prosperity that we have not seen in the past, and yet, a huge number of morons want to change over to a labor government that is inexperienced, incompetent and a bunch of union thugs.

Before you go saying you're behind Rudd, do your research
I presume that those who are voters examine a variety of issues and then weigh up them up. The election simply can't be economy-centric and apart from Iraq and the economy, there are other issues that affect the electorate and should be taken into consideration such as IR, education, the environment, healthcare, terrorism and security, maybe housing affordability and maybe this blame game thingy between the states and federal government etc etc.

Vangineer said:
whoever voted for coalition. You bastards dont want change! FUCK YOU, i hope they deport you!
Please refrain from insulting people for having differing views, no matter what side you're on.

JKhoury said:
As much as I don't agree with the Iraqi invasion, I think Rudd's stance on the issue is idiotic, and solely engineered to achieve results in the polls, rather than focus on the actual wellbeing of the nation. Labors track record with economic management isn't exactly a pretty picture, and consequently draws me to disagree with several of their economic policies.
I reckon that both sides are engineered to acting within self-interest.

Whatever the outcome, it's going to be an interesting election.
Agreed. :)

@ John Winston Howard biography.
I did hear interesting stuff from it- Peter Costello criticising JWH as treasurer and that he has never invited him over for dinner. I always hear that JWH promised Costello leadership after 1 term but I think both deny this. I reckon that Peter Costello is pretty brainy but neither sides should change leaders before the election. Eventually Peter Costello will be PM- he's a lot younger than JWH and they're that close.

When John Howard? When o when o when will you give leadership to Peter Costello?

@ youtube videos.
I've watched the climate change videos from both major parties. I suggest you all watch (or re-watch) the Greens' climate change video. I don't support them but I find it to be really effective. (theyhave that parody 'in bed' ad)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kahjxSuOqA

EDIT: sorry for the long rant- I haven't been in this forum in a while.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Was anyone watching the 7.30 Report yesterday evening where the ACTU (or a similar group) brought out three Americans who were "exploited" by their country's labour market policies to forewarn of Workchoices in Australia, only to have them realise Australia was very much an industrial relations nirvana in comparison to America?

lol. It will be on the ABC VOD now if you want to watch it, google 7.30 report.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
jb_nc said:
Was anyone watching the 7.30 Report yesterday evening where the ACTU (or a similar group) brought out three Americans who were "exploited" by their country's labour market policies to forewarn of Workchoices in Australia, only to have them realise Australia was very much an industrial relations nirvana in comparison to America?

lol. It will be on the ABC VOD now if you want to watch it, google 7.30 report.
I did hear about those 3 yanks being hired by the unions to help them campaign. The unions do seem to have lost their mind.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I felt bad for them because they were earning like $300 pw (or maybe less) before tax and they seemed genuiely enthused to be in Australia and get away from their jobs.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Sparcod said:
I did hear about those 3 yanks being hired by the unions to help them campaign. The unions do seem to have lost their mind.
The ACTU does have another set of (reasonably effective) ads on now, though. Trying to counter Barbara "No, seriously, we're informing the public. About how the Coalition is awesome" Bennett's ads, I suppose.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
The ACTU does have another set of (reasonably effective) ads on now, though. Trying to counter Barbara "No, seriously, we're informing the public. About how the Coalition is awesome" Bennett's ads, I suppose.
I don't get their ad about exploting youth workers... so what if your parent has to look over the contract, the only thing they can do is say "yes, son, this is an unfair contract". lol.

These are meant to be informative but government advertising... plus ca change...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
jb_nc said:
I don't get their ad about exploting youth workers... so what if your parent has to look over the contract, the only thing they can do is say "yes, son, this is an unfair contract". lol.

These are meant to be informative but government advertising... plus ca change...
Agree with that. Also, 'the Ombudsman will investigate it' or whatever doesn't equate to 'the Ombudsman has the power to do something about it' or 'employers are forbidden to do it'.

The latest ACTU ad talks a bit about the removal of unfair dismissal protections, which we haven't heard much about lately. That was actually one of the most dishonest parts of the original WorkChoices campaign: it said 'unlawful dismissal protections remain' or something, but didn't mention unfair dismissal. Like Joe Punter is going to know that they're not the same thing.

Why is it that government ads always seem to involve the post-it note thing? And why does the announcer have to fully pronouce the 'you' in 'know where you stand'?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Vote date firms as pressure mounts

THE nation is set for a November election - on the 3rd, 10th or 17th - with no chance of a pre-APEC poll and near-certainty the Howard Government's bid for a fifth term will not be in December.
If this interests anyone- we have a more accurate idea of when the election will be held. I wouldn't want it to be at the same time as APEC meetings nor should it be caught up in December's Christmas shopping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)