• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Newspoll 55/45

Crazy how the media reports individual poll movements. The last newspoll sparked leadership shenanigans, however it was likely a statistically rogue poll. Today's poll has delivered headlines of "Lazarus returns". In reality its just the figures returning to where they were before last fortnight's outlier result.
Its the trend thats important, not individual movements from poll to poll.

A correction to this thread. The electoral rolls close on the day the writs are issued, which is not usually the same day the pm calls the election. The writs are usually issued 1-4 days later (and can be up to 10 days after the dissolution proclamation).

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Rafy said:
Newspoll 55/45

Crazy how the media reports individual poll movements. The last newspoll sparked leadership shenanigans, however it was likely a statistically rogue poll. Today's poll has delivered headlines of "Lazarus returns". In reality its just the figures returning to where they were before last fortnight's outlier result.
Its the trend thats important, not individual movements from poll to poll.
Thankyou Laurie.
I may have missed something in the Bennalong pledge, but did Howard agree to remain its member for a term if he loses the election, but keeps his seat? That would be outrageous.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Absolutely Awesome that the people of Australia realise there is no one else to rule Australia for her majesty the Queen except John Howard as the latest poll shows. More and more people see how phoney and hollow Kevin Rudd and labour party really is.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
PrinceHarry said:
Absolutely Awesome that the people of Australia realise there is no one else to rule Australia for her majesty the Queen except John Howard as the latest poll shows. More and more people see how phoney and hollow Kevin Rudd and labour party really is.
Surely the strip club won you over Harry?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Iron said:
Thankyou Laurie.
I may have missed something in the Bennalong pledge, but did Howard agree to remain its member for a term if he loses the election, but keeps his seat? That would be outrageous.
Yes that was the pledge. Howard will lose though. It will be somewhat of a dolchtoss, but there are simply too many working class and migrant folks in Bennelong for Howard.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
Yes that was the pledge. Howard will lose though. It will be somewhat of a dolchtoss, but there are simply too many working class and migrant folks in Bennelong for Howard.
Err, no. And I live there.

U

Ubik

_dhj_ said:
there are simply too many working class and migrant folks in Bennelong for Howard.
Working class people mostly vote liberal. As a generalisation, migrants have strong family values and appreciate economic conservatism. These are the same people who vote based on interest rates.

You fail at understanding demographics.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Did any1 caught a issue with KRudd's brother opinions on his brother, he doesn't even want his own brother to become Prime Minister & he told his colleagues to vote Liberal and not Latham in the last election, dude trust Costello than Swan when it comes to economy management, lol.

also, he married a stripper (seriously). :)

williams180

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Did any1 caught a issue with KRudd's brother opinions on his brother, he doesn't even want his own brother to become Prime Minister & he told his colleagues to vote Liberal and not Latham in the last election, dude trust Costello than Swan when it comes to economy management, lol.

also, he married a stripper (seriously). :)
economy management lol sounds like someone who got a 30 uai and therefore is uneducated and does not deserve the right to vote. You wouldnt have a clue why your voting liberal. Costello has had the easiest job as treasury due to the strong commodity boom and the microeconomic reforms put in place by the keating gov in the early 1990's. Australia is in its 17th yr of economic growth not because of this governement. The same governemnt that said it would keep interest rates low when that is completely up to the RBA and their domestic market operations. Then john howard has the gumption to say he never said that when it was all over his 04 advertising campaign. The howard governemnt allocation of resources through its fiscal policy decisions have been appaling and in the future will show through. Their consistent tax cuts only has created larger inequality in society and the AWA''s will produce soical problems thus decreasing productivity. Who cares if K rudd said he wouldnt want his brother to be PM why would he when he is going for it. He has the vision the power to succeed. And omg he went to a strip club back in 03 who gives a shit its kevin 07 baby

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
williams180 said:
economy management lol sounds like someone who got a 30 uai and therefore is uneducated and does not deserve the right to vote. You wouldnt have a clue why your voting liberal. Costello has had the easiest job as treasury due to the strong commodity boom and the microeconomic reforms put in place by the keating gov in the early 1990's. Australia is in its 17th yr of economic growth not because of this governement. The same governemnt that said it would keep interest rates low when that is completely up to the RBA and their domestic market operations. Then john howard has the gumption to say he never said that when it was all over his 04 advertising campaign. The howard governemnt allocation of resources through its fiscal policy decisions have been appaling and in the future will show through. Their consistent tax cuts only has created larger inequality in society and the AWA''s will produce soical problems thus decreasing productivity. Who cares if K rudd said he wouldnt want his brother to be PM why would he when he is going for it. He has the vision the power to succeed. And omg he went to a strip club back in 03 who gives a shit its kevin 07 baby
Cool, man. I forgot year 12 economics.

Glad you could give us the crib notes.

williamc

HSC
Schroedinger said:
The first year level courses are considered to be jokes by anyone with a decent understanding of economics because they explain concepts so plainly and without any decent insight they're like a primer to the alphabet. If you think after doing HSC Economics it makes you know one bar about real economic processes, concepts and philosophies I'll have you know you're quite seriously mistaken.
No i'm not saying i understand the entireity of economics, but with my extended knowledge ive picked up from doign the HSC course, i am able to understand articles written in the financial review, even artciles written at a moderated level by Ross gittens etc. You need to understand 1st year to be able to understand the greater complexities of economics.

williamc

HSC
blakegman said:
lol you can read ross gittens. your a modern day keynes
many people can't. I found of particular interest his article on whether are bulging CAD was really an issue. Im pretty sure you'd have NFI. STFU randy

blakegman

HSC
N/A
read that in class from memory. my teacher brings them in all the time. today we read about the impact of the commodities boom on the terms of trade and the impact that will have in inflation later on . didnt seem particularly hard to me or any of my classmates. unless your referring to some other sort of advanced articles or some shit

williamc

HSC
Im pretty sure mid to high 90's does mean you understand the principles of economics. I will laugh at everyone when me and williams180 both have state rankings. YOUZE ARE ECONOMIC MORONS OMG.

Anyway im off to sleep.

williamc

HSC
blakegman said:
read that in class from memory. my teacher brings them in all the time. today we read about the impact of the commodities boom on the terms of trade and the impact that will have in inflation later on . didnt seem particularly hard to me or any of my classmates. unless your referring to some other sort of advanced articles or some shit
The CAD article was yes more "advanced"

blakegman

HSC
N/A
im still 99% sure ive read the bulging CAD article. my teacher gets hard over gittens

williamc

HSC
blakegman said:
im still 99% sure ive read the bulging CAD article. my teacher gets hard over gittens
Point being? I just said from HSC economics i can understand aritcles written in the financial review, as an example the CAD article, which not everyone can read. I didn't say it was an overly difficult article, but i found it harder to understand compared to his other articles.

Also, HSC economics have made me realise how great JH is, espically those AWA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)