• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (2 Viewers)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
katie_tully said:
lol. Penrith. I feel a sense of belonging in my ex home town.

Not. Really.

Our local member is Independent but is basically stuck up the butt of the lefties anyway. She hasn't really done anything for anybody, she only won the last election on the back of preferences, she didn't get as many votes as the Lib guy. :(
Um, there aren't any female independents in Federal parliament...

And the Debus quote was "Take 10 paces that way and say it again, you grub".

K

katie_tully

Sorry, should have clarified. Our local state member for the electorate of Dubbo is an Independent. Our federal member for Parkes is National Pty.

EDIT: Theyve changed the electorate for federal now though. Parkes has been amalgamated into Calare, despite the fact that the Parkes electorate is 1/3 of NSW itself. :s Lot of people not happy about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What a bad day for Abbot. Tony Jones even suggested that he should have considered resigning. Gillard was ruthless. That was a messy interview.
I love this campaign

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Someone just photoshopped kevin rudd's face onto a mudkip, creating 'Ruddkips', so yea... I'm voting Labor now.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Trade debate was last night at the Lowy Institute. Hey, what's this? Coalition rolls out the same tired attack lines:
"A Rudd government would be hopelessly compromised by the union heavies in their midst," [Truss] said.
and thinks that we have a chance of getting wages low enough to be competitive with China and India in the unskilled labour market:
Mr Truss said Labor would struggle to keep a check on wage rates compared with Australia's lower-wage Asian competitors.
while Labor comes up with an actual valid criticism:
Mr Crean said a Coalition weakness remained its historical deal that the trade portfolio would "default" to Nationals figures such as Mr Truss. The arrangement meant the Coalition's thinking on trade never went much beyond "broad-acre agriculture and resources", at a cost to manufacturing and services, he said.
And Marcus Einfeld turned up, for some reason.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Plus: irony alert. John Howard, of all people, has accused the Tas government of 'playing politics' over the Mersey hospital for the sake of the election. Howard's motives for taking over the hospital in the first place are as pure as the driven snow, of course.

Also: the ALP's new ad on WorkChoices.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
If the Coalition keeps up its "anti-business union bosses" crap I'm not going to vote for them.

They have no positive things to talk about at all.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
katie_tully said:
The free booze.
Touché!
jb_nc said:
They have no positive things to talk about at all.
I thought it was telling that for the entire first week of the campaign the only thing we heard from Howard was tax and unions. Although they're bringing out more policy now, they don't really seem to have much of a vision.

K

katie_tully

The Far Nrth Queensland candidate (not sure from which party) doesn't think women should be allowed to contest that electorate because it is too big for a woman to handle.

Muz4PM

HSC
Triangulum said:
Touché!

I thought it was telling that for the entire first week of the campaign the only thing we heard from Howard was tax and unions. Although they're bringing out more policy now, they don't really seem to have much of a vision.
The ALP have a vision? Oh yes, they do, it is the same as the Coalition.

Muz4PM

HSC
Katie_Tully, I think that was The Nationals candidate for Leichhardt Ian Crossland. I thihnk he even called his National's colleague Deanne Kelly a 'dumb blonde' or something along those lines.

LCollins

HSC
Muz4PM said:
The ALP have a vision? Oh yes, they do, it is the same as the Coalition.
Last time I checked, the coalition 'vision' included work choices, sitting on your ass in regards to climate change and faking interest in aboriginal affairs.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie_tully said:
Not everybody can be engulfed in this ridiculous global warming hysteria. ;)
Though, those that aren't are delusional and need to be removed from power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)