2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
love.is.around said:
Ouch, one person marking it... Hmm. what happens if they dont instantly like it and another marker may like it... Hm.
I don't think it woudl depend if they instanty like it.
They can't apply personal taste to marking. If it relates to the marking criteria, you get the marks. Simple as that.
But I do get what your saying. Like, initial impression, maybe? Even if so, they aren't able to mark down if you did all the right things.

bethrealistic

HSC
Yeah, I'm always worried abou the marker not taking a personal liking to your project!
But like it's been said, they adhere to the marking guidelines, and there's a strict selection process for markers.
My teacher described it as they get a selection of "sample" projects to practice marking on, and after having studied the marking guidelines, they mark the projects. Every marker has to mark each project within about 2 or 3 marks of what the project actually got; if your marks are drastically different you aren't accepted as a marker.

Oh, and the other girl came first in the school assessment, but I tend to do better in practical and she in theory, so hopefully we'll end up getting pretty similar results.

RE: Catholic trial...
Maybe even if someone knew the types of questions? Do you get to keep your paper after the trial...?
I'm more than willing to type up the questions from our paper to help other people if they need it.

Last edited:

Getteral09

HSC
N/A
Hey Everyone,

Apparently i need help on the The Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied Industries issues. I don't seem to understand any of "The Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied Industries. Would anyone like to give me any advice or donate their notes?

bethrealistic

HSC
Getteral09 said:
Hey Everyone,

Apparently i need help on the The Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied Industries issues. I don't seem to understand any of "The Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied Industries. Would anyone like to give me any advice or donate their notes?
There are actually some good notes on the main BoS site, the ones by m-dog in 2006 (with the pink headings). They're notes on the whole syllabus, but I based my ATCFAI notes around those ones.

andipandi

HSC
i have a couple of questions
#1 when do we get MTP back?
#2when do we find out if we got into texstile?
#3 did anyone apply to ruffels KVB design for the scholarship or jst to get in?

~kiki

HSC
I know for a fact its double marked-- also, I thought it was 8 minutes per project. Unsure if its 8 minutes per folio and 8 minutes per prac or 8 minutes total-- but its definately not as much as 20 minutes. I know that art is marked by 4 teachers.

Its a pretty fair system I reckon :). Also, the shorter the time the better I reckon.. Because then they don't pick up tiny mistake etc..

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Yeah, I'm always worried abou the marker not taking a personal liking to your project!
But like it's been said, they adhere to the marking guidelines, and there's a strict selection process for markers.
My teacher described it as they get a selection of "sample" projects to practice marking on, and after having studied the marking guidelines, they mark the projects. Every marker has to mark each project within about 2 or 3 marks of what the project actually got; if your marks are drastically different you aren't accepted as a marker.

Oh, and the other girl came first in the school assessment, but I tend to do better in practical and she in theory, so hopefully we'll end up getting pretty similar results.

RE: Catholic trial...
Maybe even if someone knew the types of questions? Do you get to keep your paper after the trial...?
I'm more than willing to type up the questions from our paper to help other people if they need it.
Oh, that's interesting about the marking. I'm freaking too, with the personal judgement thing. Especially if I get a hollistically devout religious.

With regards to the Catholic Trial, uhh, we do get to keep them. Maybe I can scan the booklet? Might take a while though. Maybe typing will be faster. I'll rummage around for it. It would be good if you could get your exam up too. Is that the Independant?

HSC
~kiki said:
I know for a fact its double marked-- also, I thought it was 8 minutes per project. Unsure if its 8 minutes per folio and 8 minutes per prac or 8 minutes total-- but its definately not as much as 20 minutes. I know that art is marked by 4 teachers.

Its a pretty fair system I reckon :). Also, the shorter the time the better I reckon.. Because then they don't pick up tiny mistake etc..
OMG! 8 minutes!
First I thought, how crazy. Now I'm happy.
That's really good, because it's true. They can't pick up on mistakes!

And andipandi - I'm not the best person to ask about Texstyles, but I know we get our MTPs back around week 1-2 of Term 4. Very soon!

bethrealistic

HSC
andipandi said:
i have a couple of questions
#1 when do we get MTP back?
#2when do we find out if we got into texstile?
#3 did anyone apply to ruffels KVB design for the scholarship or jst to get in?
Week 1 or 2 of Term 4, hoorah!
The latest I've heard about Texstyle is that they send your school a letter after ALL the examinations are complete, so mid-November?

Double marking = tres good! I'm much happier now.
Maybe if it's 8 minutes each, that's where I got the "around 20 minutes" thing from...? Haha yeahhh.

I've typed up my Textiles trial questions (it's just the school trial; Sydney Girls High School) but even my teacher agreed that the multiple choice questions she used weren't the best. =P
You can find the Word document here:
http://au.geocities.com/urbanbasschick/sghstextilestrial.doc

Getteral09

HSC
N/A
[QOUTE] There are actually some good notes on the main BoS site, the ones by m-dog in 2006 (with the pink headings). They're notes on the whole syllabus, but I based my ATCFAI notes around those ones. [/QOUTE]

hey thanks for the advice, Bethrealistic.

And i like your major works- the reversible pencil skirts; it's amazing.^^ Do u need a pattern for it or u made up a pattern for it?

[qoute]I've typed up my Textiles trial questions (it's just the school trial; Sydney Girls High School) [/qoute]

Wow, you r from a selective skool, wat r u planning to do in uni?
oh BTW do u have an e-mail address? If so can u pm to me?

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Week 1 or 2 of Term 4, hoorah!
The latest I've heard about Texstyle is that they send your school a letter after ALL the examinations are complete, so mid-November?

Double marking = tres good! I'm much happier now.
Maybe if it's 8 minutes each, that's where I got the "around 20 minutes" thing from...? Haha yeahhh.

I've typed up my Textiles trial questions (it's just the school trial; Sydney Girls High School) but even my teacher agreed that the multiple choice questions she used weren't the best. =P
You can find the Word document here:
http://au.geocities.com/urbanbasschick/sghstextilestrial.doc
LOL. Maybe. So, I guess it's 8 minutes for each, prac and folio. But, like, do you actually think they sit there with a stopwatch?

Thanks oh so very much for the Trial. I'll get mine up tomorrow.

bethrealistic

HSC
hey thanks for the advice, Bethrealistic.

And i like your major works- the reversible pencil skirts; it's amazing.^^ Do u need a pattern for it or u made up a pattern for it?

Wow, you r from a selective skool, wat r u planning to do in uni?
oh BTW do u have an e-mail address? If so can u pm to me?
No problem, but we should probably thank whoever m-dog is. =P

Thanks! =)
I actually based it around a dress pattern, but I altered the pattern a lot.

I kinda had my eye on Fashion/International Studies at UTS, because if you do well in textiles for your HSC they give you up to 5 extra UAI points.
Other than that an arts (maybe communications) degree somewhere? Dunno.

What does everyone else have in mind for next year...?

Also I dunno why you'd wanna email me? =P
But if you desperately want to I'll send you my address.

rubificticious said:
LOL. Maybe. So, I guess it's 8 minutes for each, prac and folio. But, like, do you actually think they sit there with a stopwatch?

Thanks oh so very much for the Trial. I'll get mine up tomorrow.
Haha I hope not, all I can imagine is a big cartoon-type bright red stopwatch ticking down, and Wil-E Coyote sets off a box of dynamite if you go over 8 minutes.
...this is what stress is doing to my head. =P

If you want our trial in any other subjects, I do Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Mod His, Maths, Music 2.

Last edited:
HSC
bethrealistic said:
No problem, but we should probably thank whoever m-dog is. =P

Thanks! =)
I actually based it around a dress pattern, but I altered the pattern a lot.

I kinda had my eye on Fashion/International Studies at UTS, because if you do well in textiles for your HSC they give you up to 5 extra UAI points.
Other than that an arts (maybe communications) degree somewhere? Dunno.

What does everyone else have in mind for next year...?

Haha I hope not, all I can imagine is a big cartoon-type bright red stopwatch ticking down, and Wil-E Coyote sets off a box of dynamite if you go over 8 minutes.
...this is what stress is doing to my head. =P

If you want our trial in any other subjects, I do Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Mod His, Maths, Music 2.
LOL.
I seriously wonder if that's what happens at the marking centre.

Oh, don't be hard on yourself. Typing up all those Trials! I'm about to start typing the Textiles one up. Oh boy!

Oh, and can I just ask, we get our MTPs back week 1 or 2, was it? Because week 1 starts like now!

HSC
Oh Yay, I cant wait to get my project back... but i have no idea what the heck i am supoosed t0 do with it!!!

HSC
love.is.around said:
Oh Yay, I cant wait to get my project back... but i have no idea what the heck i am supoosed t0 do with it!!!
Mmm, same.
I know my friends said they'd attack me to look at my folio.

HSC
love.is.around said:
Haha, didnt you show anyone your portfolio?
LOL.
No, I did, but we only got to see everyones final everything briefly because we had to hand it in before 9am, and we had a Maths exam, so we had to rush out of the Textiles room.

Getteral09

HSC
N/A
bethrealistic said:
*nods head* I am. lol, I just wanna chat to u that's all. Yep because i do maths also. Can u send me your trial papers for maths?

bethrealistic said:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)