2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

naughtymanolo

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Just a thought, did anyone NOT get a red dot...?
It seems to me like everyone on here did!

Or maybe it's just that only clever people use the forums. =P
I'm not sure, mine was sent to my distance school. I can hardly ring up my teacher (who i avoid at all costs) to ask her if she can check any red dots on my box, becuase of the possible conspiricy that it indicates preselection for the texstyle exhibit lol. I guess i would have to wait fo rhte old fashion way (no pun intended)

~kiki

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
I'm not sure, mine was sent to my distance school. I can hardly ring up my teacher (who i avoid at all costs) to ask her if she can check any red dots on my box, becuase of the possible conspiricy that it indicates preselection for the texstyle exhibit lol. I guess i would have to wait fo rhte old fashion way (no pun intended)
hoping to get into texSTYLE so bad. Can hardly wait for the next couple of days to pass so we can see if we've been selected. >< Major projects are so distracting :p.

em21

HSC
~kiki said:
hoping to get into texSTYLE so bad. Can hardly wait for the next couple of days to pass so we can see if we've been selected. >< Major projects are so distracting :p.
I know tell me about it I just can't wait to find out who got in and im still meant to be studying for art tomorrow but this is so much more interesting lol - good luck to everyone I am sure you will all do great - as for me right now I can't wait for tomorrow around 11:30 - FINISHED!!!!!!!

naughtymanolo

HSC
^ ok i know it will be such a relif, but a thte same time i have 100 things to do as soon as i get otu of the exam: find formal outfit, workout to loose the HSC weight, learn to drive, build up portfolio for college applications, manage college applications, build up sewing skills, get a job (or 2) and party (while on a diet) phew that sounds exhasuting, study would be a better option lol.

em21

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
^ ok i know it will be such a relif, but a thte same time i have 100 things to do as soon as i get otu of the exam: find formal outfit, workout to loose the HSC weight, learn to drive, build up portfolio for college applications, manage college applications, build up sewing skills, get a job (or 2) and party (while on a diet) phew that sounds exhasuting, study would be a better option lol.
Yeah well whilst study does sound like a better option, who can really be bothered I lost my motivation to study when I had 2 weeks break between my Design and Tech exam and the Textiles one and have now had another week till art tomorrow - but then again i don't really think i felt like studying to start with lol
As for you naughtymanolo good luck with all that stuff you have to do - sounds like a lot

katherineham

HSC
we still havent got our stuff back yet...now i wana go n check if i got a dot!!!...would be so awesome 2 get into texstyle...but i dont wana get too excited or get my hopes up so i'm not dissapointed!!!

wat kind of assessment marks did everyone get?

i got 95...which i'm happy with cept i screwed up my half yearly wif 70% which means if i did better in that i would probli have got a mark of say 98...i would so go back in time in do it all again...sounds so lame but i would

katherineham

HSC
n about studyin fashion...i'm hoping to get into UTS...but either way i'm guna do cert 4 at tafe in newcastle first so i can build up my sewing n pattern making skills b4 i go

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
Regarding studying fashion:
nope, I'm more into the costume side of things. Initially hoped to do costume production, or whatever it was, at NIDA, but I stupidly didn't realise that applications closed ages ago. Might apply to do that in a couple of years time.

In the mean time, hoping to do BA design for theatre and tv at Charles Sturt. Will probably major in Costume methinks.

To those who still have stuff on tomorrow: good luck! :)

HSC
OK.
Sorry I haven't been up here, but I was in a bus accident (and almost died!) but all is well now.
Stupid mortality.

I went to school today to get MTP. And about that dot update: out of the 7 i saw which were left today, 6 had red dots. Ahh, I think the theory is out the window, ladies, and gentleman.

But otherwise, YAY! Baby is back.

naughtymanolo

HSC
^ i was thinking htat too, no offence to anyone on the board, your works are lovely and reflect the effort put in, but i doubt that every single one of us got a red dot, and like you said rubificticious, 6 of 7 had dots. Please dont get me wrong, you all deserve to be in it, and i hope we all do, becuase we all took the subject seriously (unlike others lol)

~kiki

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
Heh heh-- you're stressed about finding a formal outfit and partying? But thats supposed to be fun!!

I'm pretty lucky, I eat like a pig when I'm stressed but I also lose weight. I am 5 kg lighter then the start of the HSC :p. Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. As for driving-- my parents insisted that I get professional lessons because they are too scared to teach me themselves, even though its going to cost money which we really don't have. I should have started learning as soon as I got my license but I had to wait something like 5 months until they were able to afford lessons, by which time I was in the midst of exams/ study ><.

I saw that you were hoping to go to TAFE-- why not Uni? For example fashion design at UTS? No portfolio needed.

bethrealistic

HSC
~kiki said:
Heh heh-- you're stressed about finding a formal outfit and partying? But thats supposed to be fun!!

I'm pretty lucky, I eat like a pig when I'm stressed but I also lose weight. I am 5 kg lighter then the start of the HSC :p. Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. As for driving-- my parents insisted that I get professional lessons because they are too scared to teach me themselves, even though its going to cost money which we really don't have. I should have started learning as soon as I got my license but I had to wait something like 5 months until they were able to afford lessons, by which time I was in the midst of exams/ study ><.

I saw that you were hoping to go to TAFE-- why not Uni? For example fashion design at UTS? No portfolio needed.
Haha I have exactly the same thing RE: driving.

Also UTS has a pretty high UAI...

rubifictitious said:
OK.
Sorry I haven't been up here, but I was in a bus accident (and almost died!) but all is well now.
Stupid mortality.

I went to school today to get MTP. And about that dot update: out of the 7 i saw which were left today, 6 had red dots. Ahh, I think the theory is out the window, ladies, and gentleman.

But otherwise, YAY! Baby is back.
A BUS ACCIDENT?!
...well we're glad to hear you're ok!

Yeahhh the dot thing is pretty much disproved, heh.
I was starting to have my doubts. Although it was a pretty good theory, since it was the system for D&T... right? =P
But I do agree with naughtymanolo in that we all deserve to get in, it seems like everyone on this forum has put in a lot of effort and taken the subject really seriously (unlike some people I know of, haha).

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Haha I have exactly the same thing RE: driving.

Also UTS has a pretty high UAI...

A BUS ACCIDENT?!
...well we're glad to hear you're ok!

Yeahhh the dot thing is pretty much disproved, heh.
I was starting to have my doubts. Although it was a pretty good theory, since it was the system for D&T... right? =P
But I do agree with naughtymanolo in that we all deserve to get in, it seems like everyone on this forum has put in a lot of effort and taken the subject really seriously (unlike some people I know of, haha).
LOL. So true about the driving. I'm still yet to get lessons which I really need. But I think I have around 20 hours done, but saying that doesn't mean anything because its not like I've been practicing parking, or reversing.

Yeah. Bus accident. I had a cut in my knee and to get stitches and I have the biggest, most hurtiest bruise on my back.
Was not fun. And that was right after my last exam. Gee!
Thanks for caring, though!

Well, I have an update on the dots - 6/8 have dots. I dunno. It really does seem highly unlikely.
And I agree. Go forum people!
And ZOMG! We find out in like 2 days!
OMG! LOL.

bec111

HSC
yeh sorry guys but everyones box that i saw in my class had a red dot so id say it would hav been a administrative thing... how good would it be tho if it did mean something!

HSC
bec111 said:
yeh sorry guys but everyones box that i saw in my class had a red dot so id say it would hav been a administrative thing... how good would it be tho if it did mean something!
LOL. Yeah, I don't think it does.

Oh, and we find out from tomorrow about Texstyle! How exciting!

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
LOL. Yeah, I don't think it does.

Oh, and we find out from tomorrow about Texstyle! How exciting!
It may not be tommorow, because there are still exams on Monday and Tueday for some VET courses I think.

naughtymanolo

HSC
Re: UTS, i have been very fortunate to have had a little experience in the fashion industry, and those whom i have talked to have all (litteraly ALL) not to go to UTS. They said that the cousre is all theory and very little prac and there is no part in the ciriculum that teaches things that are used IRL. Ive heard its more like a Visual Arts degree than textiles, and you spend a week studyign the history of buttons, wow fun.

Lauren.W

HSC
Hey did anyone find out whether they got into Texstyle? do they send you a letter or just to your school?

HSC
~kiki said:
It may not be tommorow, because there are still exams on Monday and Tueday for some VET courses I think.
Oh, on the TEA website, it says we start finding out from that date. We were talking about it before.

Lauren.W said:
Hey did anyone find out whether they got into Texstyle? do they send you a letter or just to your school?
I'm pretty sure you'll get notified through the school. Apparently they send a fax to your school, and then I think your teacher would let you know.
A letter would be good though too. Maybe they do that too.

~kiki

HSC
what date?-- the 12th? Cool ^^...

so you reckon through the school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)