2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
My Focus Area is textile arts, i thought it was apparel, but its textile arts, i would be soooooo angry if textiles brought my UAI down:(, oh well, i have already strated production and the folio. lol

HSC
Where did everyone go?
I mean personally, Textiles is an ongoing worry for me!

rina89

HSC
hey
our teacher gives us no direction we are so far behind everyone else i havent even started my theory yet.... i know i could probably do it on my own but i dont really get what u have to do.., is there like a website that can help with the theory part... i have the practical under control.. im almost finished but i am clueless when it comes to the theory!!

HSC
rina89 said:
hey
our teacher gives us no direction we are so far behind everyone else i havent even started my theory yet.... i know i could probably do it on my own but i dont really get what u have to do.., is there like a website that can help with the theory part... i have the practical under control.. im almost finished but i am clueless when it comes to the theory!!
OMG! You're almost finished your practical?
My goodness that's an achievement.
I haven't started either, but I know where im going. I guess!

I know there is a website that helps which I saw before, I just can't seem to find it again.

R

roseymariee!

rosey's back!! woo hoo!
um where is everybody?? **looks around**

HSC
Well I'm here. I don't know where everyone else has gone.
We just came back from Retreat! YAY!

R

roseymariee!

retreat? that sounds like just what i need lol.
so hows your mtp going rubi?

HSC
roseymariee! said:
retreat? that sounds like just what i need lol.
so hows your mtp going rubi?
Yes. It was pretty good. A nice break from it all.
My MTP is going pretty good as it is. I basically started lets say 2 weeks ago, and its going well. We've also been doing theory work on the Portfolio, so that's been good in the whole keepin up to date scheme. Thanks for asking! What about you?

ktrockson

HSC
wow everyone seems to be going to well with their majors
me on the otherhand.....
im having trouble finding information for my fibre yarn and fabric analysis
does anyone know of any good websites?

keelyq

HSC
hey textilens
u dont have 2 get 100% 2 get into that texstlye thing , went to the day they had at valclouse house nd they said that top students in both the subject and the mtp get in.
im struggling with mine at the moment im doing a textiles art , like a wearable art in the form of a dress inspired by aphrodite.We also have 2 hand in sections of our folio 4 checkin but im a bit behind and am starting to freak out a bit cos i havnt actually started my actually peice yet:bomb: so kinda scared how is everyone else doing?????
juvs keels

HSC
keelyq said:
hey textilens
u dont have 2 get 100% 2 get into that texstlye thing , went to the day they had at valclouse house nd they said that top students in both the subject and the mtp get in.
im struggling with mine at the moment im doing a textiles art , like a wearable art in the form of a dress inspired by aphrodite.We also have 2 hand in sections of our folio 4 checkin but im a bit behind and am starting to freak out a bit cos i havnt actually started my actually peice yet:bomb: so kinda scared how is everyone else doing?????
juvs keels
Yes! I feel the same. I've only just started, I also have a wearble Textile Art, and I'm freaking out also, because my MTP is a huge project, and I don't know exactly what my design consists of.
Freak out to end all freak-outs!

keelyq

HSC
rubis im exactly the same i havnt yet finalised my whole design nd cant really start until i do which is extremely freakin me out , we have also supposed to have handed in 3 parts of our folio by now nd i havnt completed any of them SO FAR BEHIND nd we only got 2 months left NOT GOOD i also have another major work for soicety nd culture which is my pip is anyone else doin 2 or more major works

keelyq

HSC
ktrockson said:
wow everyone seems to be going to well with their majors
me on the otherhand.....
im having trouble finding information for my fibre yarn and fabric analysis
does anyone know of any good websites?
i dont no any websites but this book by pamela steca called design manual or sumthin like that is amazing for like everything could have that stuff in it
also the vogue sewing books are also good if u can get your hands on one of those

HSC
keelyq said:
rubi wat exactly r u doin in textile design
I'm doing a Textile Art. It's a dress and a representation of the sacred feminine.
Yes! It's really unnerving when people in my class are so ahead and I'm still lost.

keelyq

HSC
wow i really like your idea will be interestin 2 c if its wat i imagine it 2 look like
yeah everyone in my class is not that far into except for a few so on a whole we aint the best class

keelyq

HSC
how bout folios where is everyone up 2 with them

R

roseymariee!

everyone don't stress too much, from the sounds of what you've said i'm in exactly the same position lol. i haven't done much towards my portfolio and barely started making my items!! actually....i cant really tell you guys not to stress cuz i am too. OMG 2 MONTHS TO GO!!!! and i've hardly started making my fascinators!!!! arrgghhhhhh!~~!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
lol, 2 months and i think 12 days to go, i gues there will be a lot of coffee to be taken.

has anyone got a lot of decorations on their dress?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)