2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

keelyq

HSC
i have a fair bit of decoration of my peice but i severly doubt that i will time to get it all on their NOT GOOD

Amy53

HSC
aaaaaaahhhhh.. i have not even started my folio..and my project has come to a standstill for the last 5 weeks..better get a wriggle on.hehehe..it has just gone so fast..i have my first trial in 2 weeks and it is for textiles..ah..so not ready for it...do not know a thing.....:bomb:

bloomers

HSC
wow guys
my mtp is the only major work that ive made like severe progress on
im probably 2/3's done
but still have a lot to go

but yeah
my teacher wants it to be pretty much done by the end of this term [like, there can still be an unfinished hem or some hand sewing to complete but the bulk of the item, finished]
and yeah
guys,
my advice to you is to write yourselves a timetable of what you have to have done for each lesson/week
also do things like beading, hand sewing at home
aim to have it done about a month before the day its due, so you can study for trials
and remember that folio is worth 25 marks also, the same as the mtp product so dont neglect it and do it in the final days
y'know?

im not completely certain with getting mine done in my timeframe
but its a good goal to have
so yeah?
i wish you guys the best of luck
[i wish me luck also]
haha

*angel*

HSC
Hey everyone!
For my MTP i chose the focus area of textile arts and am doing a wall hanging. With the folio our teacher is making us do regular hand ins of the different sections we are now up to Investigation, experimentation and evaluation.
In the class work (by the way in my class there is only 2 of us so is major competiton for 1st), we are up to Properties and performance of textiles, nearly at the end now, so will start ATCFAI soon, our teacher buys the distance ed notes aswell and makes us sit there and read it all. We only have class once a week though cuz the teacher can only come in one day a week so i have practically 4 hours straight with her reading notes!!! Its good most of the time though.

keelyq

HSC
Hey girls how is everyone doing with their peices and their folios ???????
Is anyone else doing a MTP and a PIP???

HSC
Uhh bloomers... that made me feel soo much better... can anyone say freakout?
This shit is the most stressful thing on the planet. Personally I have seriously, hardly anything done, and that goes for our class too... all except one chick, but that's because her idea is simple and therefore she knows where she's going with hers. Uhh... this is just all too stressful for me.
Our teachers really good though, because she does that shit where we hand up sections... like, last day of term she's getting a section of our portfolio. And we can hand up sections to her, which is good. I just know that this break will hardly be called 'holidays'... I tend to call it a 'break' now, only because its a break from school, not work...
You know, I think it's safe to say school sucks. Like, full stop.

HSC
keelyq said:
Hey girls how is everyone doing with their peices and their folios ???????
Is anyone else doing a MTP and a PIP???
Oh, fuck no!
My heart goes out to you... it trully does!

R

roseymariee!

keelyg, i'm doing my MTP and a drama IP!! i am so behind in both.! arrgghhh!!
my hols will be nothing but major works..

HSC
roseymariee! said:
keelyg, i'm doing my MTP and a drama IP!! i am so behind in both.! arrgghhh!!
my hols will be nothing but major works..
Oh... man. And I thought I had it bad!
Heads up girls!

R

roseymariee!

lol yeah its pretty bad.. i can't really complain though there are some people i know that have 4 majors!! drama, textiles, s&c and music. i would die.

HSC
roseymariee! said:
lol yeah its pretty bad.. i can't really complain though there are some people i know that have 4 majors!! drama, textiles, s&c and music. i would die.
Wow... that's really bad!
Well, I guess there'll alwayas be someone worse off, and let's just be glad its not us!

keelyq

HSC
thanks rubi
im glad i got u rosie means i aint the only one and those ppl who do more r seriously crazy im strugglin 2 even try 2 complete 2
i know wat u mean about not having hols cos we so dont nd get this my teacher has been away for this week and next so i kind of dont have my textiles teacher nd i also found out that the material i am using i cant do tucks with so i have 2 alter my entire pattern :burn: so not good for my blood pressure
i am extremely devo that im not further in because its my 18th on the 3rd of july and im going 2 be stressing out but i still plan 2 party IM A BAD STUDENT nd will most likely regret it but meh

HSC
Hey guys, guess what: i have nealy finsshed by folio, and have about 40% left of my dres, the rest is all beading. i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!
i hope urs all turn out right.

does anyone know, what i takes to get a band 6 in textiles?

HSC
YAY! 18th! My best friend is actually 18 today! An day before your birthday!
And love.is.around, you sound like this chick in my class... she is exactly the same as you, as in she's basically finished portfolio and her dress, but she just needs to do beading! That's so funny!
As for me, I'm probably like 40% done, so still much to do for me!
Textiles can die. It's become our class motto.

HSC
i have literally been sewing for a week non - stop.
textiles is killing my life:(
lol but lits looking good.
ppl we shud start to post our completed works up ....

HSC
love.is.around said:
i have literally been sewing for a week non - stop.
textiles is killing my life:(
lol but lits looking good.
ppl we shud start to post our completed works up ....
LOL.
Incomplete!

Adelya

HSC
Oh major freak out... somebody reassure me :(
My MTP is a masquerade ball costume inspired by 'The Labyrinth'.... David Bowie.... *sigh*
Kind of nearly finished... and im happy with it but not happy with it... Not sure if the degree of difficulty is great enough (Even though its the most difficult thing ever :( ), or if it is creative/innovative enough...
I hate the fact that they expect us all to be professional sewers when we are only in year 12. The level they seem to expect to recieve a really high mark is almost that of a professional dressmaker or designer!

I haven't started the folio yet.... but I know i will be able to get that done....

And the theory! Checking the syllabus now and half of it I havent done in class! wtf...

Does anybody know what to do for 'Historical Design Development' in the Design topic? Do we just choose an area like Apparel and focus on something like swimwear? or apparel in general?

HSC
Adelya said:
Oh major freak out... somebody reassure me :(
My MTP is a masquerade ball costume inspired by 'The Labyrinth'.... David Bowie.... *sigh*
Kind of nearly finished... and im happy with it but not happy with it... Not sure if the degree of difficulty is great enough (Even though its the most difficult thing ever :( ), or if it is creative/innovative enough...
I hate the fact that they expect us all to be professional sewers when we are only in year 12. The level they seem to expect to recieve a really high mark is almost that of a professional dressmaker or designer!

I haven't started the folio yet.... but I know i will be able to get that done....

And the theory! Checking the syllabus now and half of it I havent done in class! wtf...

Does anybody know what to do for 'Historical Design Development' in the Design topic? Do we just choose an area like Apparel and focus on something like swimwear? or apparel in general?
Hey, there are heaps of resoucres on the textiles tab for notes and resoucres. this should help heaps

i cant belive its due soon!!!

who is done?

keelyq

HSC
love.is.around said:
Hey, there are heaps of resoucres on the textiles tab for notes and resoucres. this should help heaps

i cant belive its due soon!!!

who is done?
def not me not even like 1/2 way yet which is seriously distrubin my nerves nd stress levels at the moment
but i have hardly anytime 2 stress ova it caus im stuck tryin 2 finish my PIP while also the trillion assessments that i have due
hence i will not really have time 2 study 4 my trials which is also freakin me out AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nice work Adelya thats awesum that your garment is done u should post a pic of it so we can have a gander nd p to the s i am also stressin bout the level of difficultin mine has :(

Anyway girls good luck with your MTP's nd any other majors u have nd also trials or am i the only one who was the soon

And start posting any finished ones i want to no wat im up against

LOVESSSS Keels

bloomers

HSC
well, im not DONE yet but im pretty much finished on the work side of things. all i really need to do on my product is a lessons worth of putting-together, hem and maybe one last bit of hand sewing. im pretty happy with its level of completion, aim to have it and portfolio done by next weekend :S we'll see how that goes

cant WAIT to have all my majors out of the way so i can focus fully on my study for trials! (week 5)

anyone who's freaking out, seriously just do a little bit every day. you wont believe how much it helps

x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)