2007 Mtp Forum (2 Viewers)

keelyq

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh! Thanks! See the thing I was really shitted about was that his collection came out after I came up with the idea. Do you feel my pain? I was just like ehh...

What focus area is yours? Textile Art? And what's like the meaning behind it? Or it it just a contemporary work?
Hahaha yeah i do get it cos all that metallic and spacy futristic trend come out after i had my idea
yeah mine is textile art/wearable art is yours apprarrl
well it a modern day aphroditity with lingerie techiniques and innovative fabrics
how bout yours anything else sides modernising the virgin mary

HSC
keelyq said:
Hahaha yeah i do get it cos all that metallic and spacy futristic trend come out after i had my idea
yeah mine is textile art/wearable art is yours apprarrl
well it a modern day aphroditity with lingerie techiniques and innovative fabrics
how bout yours anything else sides modernising the virgin mary
Yeah, I saw that trend. What a pain it is! And wow... modern day Aphrodite! So creative! Love it!

Mine's actually a Textile Art. It's basically a stylised, contemporary interprestation of the Virgin Mary.

katherineham

HSC
hey...i'm from st francis xavier in newcastle...every1's looks reeali good....i luv ur concept rubificticious!!!!!! simple but soooo good...luv the lace/trim round the top!

i couldnt look at the maternity wear cuz it wouldn't load...put them up again 4 me...please???!!!???

HSC
katherineham said:
hey...i'm from st francis xavier in newcastle...every1's looks reeali good....i luv ur concept rubificticious!!!!!! simple but soooo good...luv the lace/trim round the top!

i couldnt look at the maternity wear cuz it wouldn't load...put them up again 4 me...please???!!!???
Oh! Thank you!

I'll be getting Karissa's up soon... I'm pestering her to get it up!

HSC
Oh, oh! I just have the best question to ask!
How much have people spent on their total works?
Mine is, drumroll, $200.98. What a hot (and expensive) number!

kikoloco

HSC
Hi guys, feels so good to have our majors out of the way ay? Lol there are some really great designs out there this yr. I made this fairy wedding dress, kinda weird now that I think about it lol well it was inspired by the medieval period, I dyed majority of my fabrics so yeah here’s what it looks like!

Last edited:

katherineham

HSC
mine beats all of ur's...try $399.88...only cuz mine had heaps of little sections with different types of fibres and fabric n techniques...as well the only nice green bridal tulle i could find was $9 a metre...so bout $80 on tulle...ahhh thats alot of money...i better get a good mark..haha

naughtymanolo

HSC
rubificticious said:
Thanks! I just hope it all goes well!

Yours is really fantastic. It looks so professional and runway like.
Is your focus area apparel? I don't know if you said already.
Can I just ask what your nationality is? Or where abouts your from? Because I'm thinking I might have seen you at the Texstyle exhibition. Did you go? Because when we went there with the school, there was one guy in a sea 40 girls from 3 or 4 schools. LOL. You wouldn't happen to wear your pants low? LOL. Only because one of my friends noticed. LOL.

Hey, I'll see if I can get my friends to post their's up too.

Mmm... why is it that we had to have it finished by Sunday? Like, what's the matter with working on it Monday morning?

Oh, does anyone know when we get them back?

Also, who had trouble sticking to the page limit? Because I was just cramming it all in. My font was so small too. And does anyone know if the same markers mark the works every year? My teacher didn't know.
Thanks again, my focus area was Costume, since apparently the construction is marked easier and its more focused on design.
Oh yeah and I'm Greek and have olive skin. I did my textiles through corespondance so I wasn't 'representing' my school lol. last time that i went i wore a red Ralph Lauren polo (with a BIG pony lol) and jeans with bulgari sunglasses and an LV bag but it wasnt the typical brown lv monogram with the symbols it was a different less logo collection lol i hate obvious logos! (never mind the RL i was wearing lol) yes i spend waaaay too much on clothes. I wear my pants low sometimes I depends on how i feel on the day. I know that sounds random but its true lol. I never really show past the elastic band on my underwear though, it becomes tacky past there.

And the cut off date for textiles was sunday, so past 12 was techically monday, if you worked past that then you were techniaclly cheating. I mean there is no way you can get caught but it technically wasnt allowed. In the major i didnt need to work past the deadline but i can see it hapennign in ym other two lol. and to think i was goign to do 4 or 5 majors lol

naughtymanolo

HSC
Oh mine 'cost' $250 or so for my folio, i couldnt rember the exact prices so i made some up. I know it cost way beyond that, but i didnt want it to come off concieted and i made it up. I also bought way mroe fabric than i needed and ended up making 3 skirts before deciding on the best colour (not i didnt paln it like that) lol so i woudl have spent around the $400 mark. I also bought a new sewing macheine for my major and that was really expensive (nevermidnt he fac that it broke down the week befoer handing it in!) Im doing a textile major for art so once i have sent that off i will put it into repairs and give the sales assistance a peice fo my mind!!!

andipandi

HSC
rubifpicticious said:
OK. I believe it's Iza to the rescue!
I've collaborated your maternity wear, andipandi, as a JPG file. I hope you don't mind me doing this. If you have a problem, just let me know and I'll delete this post. It's just people can't access the PDF files, and I wanted to help out.
Just so everyone knows... this is andipandi's work.
thanks babe:p

HSC
andipandi said:
thanks babe:p
No worries!

OK guys, when will people be putting up more of their MTPs? I really want to see more! There are heaps more people that haven't!

bloomers

HSC
hey guys
just posting up my mtp

the inspiration (if you couldnt tell) is merry go round/carousel horses
so yeah! let me know if you guys like it or not?

HSC
bloomers said:
hey guys
just posting up my mtp

the inspiration (if you couldnt tell) is merry go round/carousel horses
so yeah! let me know if you guys like it or not?
WOW! Absolutely loving it! It's really creative and unusual, yet wearable. I want it.
Focus area, may I ask?

And is that you... LOL to the second image! Did you put these photos in your folio?

bloomers

HSC
wow thanks =] i had a few major disasters with it but im kiiinda happy with the overall product. so sick of it though

no way, i wish that was me but i could never in my life fit into that dress. its teensy. tiny. however my beautiful model needed it to be taken IN for the photos! where is the justice in that, i ask?

i shoved the pictures in on the 13th page so they wont get marked but they are there just in case so the markers can see what my garment looks like on a body

anndd... focus area is apparel. intended for occasional use at semi-formal events. yeah!

Adelya

HSC
So glad its all done :)
I was happy with how mine turned out and the folio... not too much rushing near the end either...
Stressing about trials though.... textiles exam tomorrow

Thought i would put some photographs up
Its a masquerade ball costume consisting of dress, petticoat, mask and cape
Inspired by the movie 'The Labyrinth'

HSC
Adelya said:
So glad its all done :)
I was happy with how mine turned out and the folio... not too much rushing near the end either...
Stressing about trials though.... textiles exam tomorrow

Thought i would put some photographs up
Its a masquerade ball costume consisting of dress, petticoat, mask and cape
Inspired by the movie 'The Labyrinth'
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG
THAT IS FANTASTIC
SO MUCH WORRRRRRRRRRK!!!!!!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wave:

bloomers

HSC
wow thats amazing
i love that movie! (the labyrinth)

congratulations with how well it turned out, it looks extremely well made

Adelya

HSC
Thanks :) I was getting fair sick of it by the time I sent it off lol
Everyone elses look amazing!

HSC
Adelya said:
Thanks :) I was getting fair sick of it by the time I sent it off lol
Everyone elses look amazing!
WOW!
That looks wonderful!
Even the photos look professionally done!
Mmm.. I have to say though, we did have something similar to that in our class.
But other than that, it looks wonderful!

Hey, love.is.around, why don't you post yours up? I'd love to see how your fascinators turned out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)