2007 Mtp Forum (2 Viewers)

beveritt

HSC
lol so true!
watd urs look like?

oh.. wouldnt the assesment tasks contribute to internal mark? which im guessing is 50%? and external is 50%.... but half of each of them has to b from the MTP? dunno if thats right tho, its just how id figured it in my head lol.
wat were ur assessments? we only had like 2 eensy teensy assignments, then she marked our folio/MTP.

oh.. did any1 else hav a crappy teacher and no textbook?... lol, i seriously wuld not let her come near me wen i was makin my coat haha

HSC
Ohkie COOL then... so in reality, the assessment marks were really only worth 25% same as the MTP... and i guess the exam is worth 50%.. that kind of suckss... but Oh well
I think my assessment marks i predicted was 83 or 82.. not thaty great but still... i Tried :)
How bout all you guyss :)

bethrealistic

HSC
love.is.around said:
Ohkie COOL then... so in reality, the assessment marks were really only worth 25% same as the MTP... and i guess the exam is worth 50%.. that kind of suckss... but Oh well
I think my assessment marks i predicted was 83 or 82.. not thaty great but still... i Tried :)
How bout all you guyss :)
... I thought assessment marks were worth 50% of final mark, and MTP and the exam were both worth 25%? (As these combine to make up the external mark.)

Sorry if someone's said this already or if I'm wrong.

naughtymanolo

HSC
I heard the same as beth, HSC exam + MTP = 50% external and this is added to the other 50% internal.

bethrealistic

HSC
Phew, that must be right, I was getting worried about the marks then for a minute.

ANOTHER thing I heard, perhaps a rumour started by the D&T students, but when the markers come around to schools for D&T they place red dots on the outside of the portfolios of the projects they're nominating for DesignTech (their version of Texstyle).
Three girls in my class came back with red dots on their MTP packing boxes, I wonder if this means the same thing...? =P
Interesting, eh.

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Phew, that must be right, I was getting worried about the marks then for a minute.

ANOTHER thing I heard, perhaps a rumour started by the D&T students, but when the markers come around to schools for D&T they place red dots on the outside of the portfolios of the projects they're nominating for DesignTech (their version of Texstyle).
Three girls in my class came back with red dots on their MTP packing boxes, I wonder if this means the same thing...? =P
Interesting, eh.
WOW! How exciting!
We get to take ours home tomorrow, we haven't seen our boxes, so I guess we can check then.
That's so weird though! But don't you think 3 is a bit much to be selected from one school? Or were they're projects exceptional?
That is so OMG! I'm still in awe.

em21

HSC
Yeah it is true about the Design and Tech markers I do Design and Tech as well and one girl in my class got selected for DesignTech and they put a red sticker on her folio so we can only hope the same goes for the Textiles major works

Subjects: Adv English, Visual Arts, Visual Design, Textiles and Design, Childhood Studies, Design and Tech

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah it is true about the Design and Tech markers I do Design and Tech as well and one girl in my class got selected for DesignTech and they put a red sticker on her folio so we can only hope the same goes for the Textiles major works

Subjects: Adv English, Visual Arts, Visual Design, Textiles and Design, Childhood Studies, Design and Tech
Gee. I'm all excited now! That's really crazy news!
Do you think it's a definite that if you have a red sticker that you did well? Like, or does it guarantee you're in Texstyle?

em21

HSC
Yeah to be honest i have no idea but you would think that if only some people got red dots on theirs not everyone that it would surely mean something good like that maybe they did get selected

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah to be honest i have no idea but you would think that if only some people got red dots on theirs not everyone that it would surely mean something good like that maybe they did get selected
Yeah, that is so true.
WOW!
EXCITEMENT!

Well, otherwise, notifications of Texstyle nominations will be notified in the week starting 12 November. And that's sourced from the TEA NSW website. We'll all know soon enough, but I'm sure it will be phenomenal finding a red dot on your box and just knowing!

If anyone has found a red dot on their MTP packaging, please let us know!

em21

HSC
It just seems kind of weird that they don't tell until after the HSC is finished - any idea why that is? Hey rubficticious did you get a red dot on your box cos congrats if you did that is fantastic!!!

beveritt

HSC
wat do the red dots look like.. r they stickers or just texta?
cos i just looked and on my box, i hav a red texta dot before my student number?
oh that wuld b soo cool!
but im so not getting my hopes up lol.

HSC
em21 said:
It just seems kind of weird that they don't tell until after the HSC is finished - any idea why that is? Hey rubficticious did you get a red dot on your box cos congrats if you did that is fantastic!!!
LOL. No, as I said in a post just recently, we don't get ours back until tomorrow, so I wouldn't know.

It is weird. It's also weird how they give the MTPs back without notification of acceptance into Texstyle. I really wouldn't know why. It's kinda annoying, but like, the time will come really soon anyway. Maybe so it doesn't interfere with our HSC study? I'd really like to know.

em21 said:
wat do the red dots look like.. r they stickers or just texta?
cos i just looked and on my box, i hav a red texta dot before my student number?
oh that wuld b soo cool!
but im so not getting my hopes up lol.
Oh, OMG! WOW! I would! But then they might get horribly crushed.
Well, did you have a cardboard box? Maybe on them they put it with texta? Because it would be rude to scribble on someones plastic box with permanent texta.
Oh, and did you have your student number on the outside of the box? I don't think I even did.
Is the dot circular? Big?
I want to know what to look for.

What was it you made again?

Last edited:

bethrealistic

HSC
Mine was a red oval-ish dot in texta, but it could mean nothing, who knows.
We had a really exceptional class this year, and a brilliant teacher (they alternate, so all the odd years we have a good class, haha). It's not a surprise that there are three nominations, I think anyone from our class would have been good enough - sorry, I sound so full of myself. =P But it's really our teacher's doing, she's a fantastic adviser in terms of creativity and techniques.

But keep in mind this is just the SHORTLIST, not the actual thing itself indicated by the red dots, at least that's what I was told.

The reason they wait until after marking is because the top five students in Textiles in the state AUTOMATICALLY get their projects in (but don't say "but they could have a crap project!" because there's no way you'd have a crap project and get in the top five. Seriously). This includes internal and external marks - so the exam counts toward your "top 5" status.
I think that's why they wait until the 12th, to see the exam results and determine your marks.

Other than those 5 people, they just choose interesting or well-executed projects, they may or may not have recieved a good mark.

beveritt

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh, OMG! WOW! I would! But then they might get horribly crushed.
Well, did you have a cardboard box? Maybe on them they put it with texta? Because it would be rude to scribble on someones plastic box with permanent texta.
Oh, and did you have your student number on the outside of the box? I don't think I even did.
Is the dot circular? Big?
I want to know what to look for.

What was it you made again?
lol. yeh ill probly just go stick my head in the oven if it ends up meaning nothing lol. therefore.. keeping hopes very low. lol.

yeh it was a cardboard box. its like a cicular dot, coloured in, about the size of a 5cent coin, then straight after it is my number and centre nnumber.

hang on ill try to get a photo up of my coat... ok.. its really small tho lol.

bethrealistic

HSC
beveritt said:
lol. yeh ill probly just go stick my head in the oven if it ends up meaning nothing lol. therefore.. keeping hopes very low. lol.

yeh it was a cardboard box. its like a cicular dot, coloured in, about the size of a 5cent coin, then straight after it is my number and centre nnumber.

Ohhh your coat is fabulous! I like the colour scheme. I hope yours gets in, it looks like it should! (Judging by the tiny picture anyway, haha). I'd love to see it up close.

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Mine was a red oval-ish dot in texta, but it could mean nothing, who knows.
We had a really exceptional class this year, and a brilliant teacher (they alternate, so all the odd years we have a good class, haha). It's not a surprise that there are three nominations, I think anyone from our class would have been good enough - sorry, I sound so full of myself. =P But it's really our teacher's doing, she's a fantastic adviser in terms of creativity and techniques.

But keep in mind this is just the SHORTLIST, not the actual thing itself indicated by the red dots, at least that's what I was told.

The reason they wait until after marking is because the top five students in Textiles in the state AUTOMATICALLY get their projects in (but don't say "but they could have a crap project!" because there's no way you'd have a crap project and get in the top five. Seriously). This includes internal and external marks - so the exam counts toward your "top 5" status.
I think that's why they wait until the 12th, to see the exam results and determine your marks.

Other than those 5 people, they just choose interesting or well-executed projects, they may or may not have recieved a good mark.
Oh, so you got a dot too? In texta? On a cardboard box?
See, I was imagining a sticker.

beveritt said:

Oh, WOW! That looks so great!
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Attention: red dots equal good!

Oh dear, here's to hoping.

em21

HSC
Yeah well that makes sense now about the fact that they don't notify anyone until after the HSC finishes and hey beveritt your coat is absolutely amazing seriously that red dot must mean something positive it should definetly get into texstyle!!!! Hopefully those red dots mean something great for everyone who got them I mean it kind of makes sense that they would otherwise you would think that they would be on every single box instead of only some peoples

beveritt

HSC
oohh thankyou!!!
lol, but im still worried.

oooh who u going for in melb cup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)