2007 NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

SyCoTiC

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
SyCoTiC said:
I think NSW will come to conform to QLD domination for the next couple of years. You fellas can't even find yourself established and dominant halves let alone backline and forwards. =P
you should know that origin brings the best out of everyone. if NSW won, then it would have to be one of the greatest series wins of all time. the shortage of quality players for NSW is similar to QLD in 95, and most of us know what happened there!

QLD may win this year, but dominance is a long way off, lockyer isnt getting any younger and civinnoceva and price are the same.
Haha that's true but look at NSW for the last 3 or 4 years prior to QLD winning last year. QLD lacked quality players against NSW and the dominance was shown.

watatank said:
you and your essays... <sigh>

The test is NRL's poor attempt of imitating yawnion's Bledisloe Cup, nothing more. as much as I prefer league this is all I see this "ANZAC" test as.

I mean no disrespect to the diggers when I say that but if this test is going to commemorate ANZAC day and the diggers, then the nrl would do the match justice and have the test on ANZAC day.

NRL commemorate ANZAC day by having Dragons v Roosters every year. Some epic matches have been played but this year will probably be rubbish because both teams suck atm.
Oh you love them. ;)

They're both forms of commemoration despite the day it has been played and I think even though it doesn't have the same sentiments as the Dragons and Roosters clash, you can't take away the fact that it's between New Zealanders and Australians which obviously what makes up the ANZAC's. Perhaps not as great but I still think it's worthy of saying that it's a form of commemoration.

HSC
watatank said:
NRL commemorate ANZAC day by having Dragons v Roosters every year. Some epic matches have been played but this year will probably be rubbish because both teams suck atm.
I think the Roosters might actually win on Wednesday. :eek::eek::eek:

SyCoTiC

HSC
Anyone going to the game? I'm pretty sure the games don't sell out so might as well just buy it at the box office on the day unless you people plan on buying general admission. You save $7 if you book beforehand on Ticketek but the Dragons usually fire for these clashes. Oh it's gonna be good. =)

HSC
Nope, I'm not going. I'll be at home wearing red, white and blue, watching it on TV. :)

wuddie said:
fat chance, as long as chris anderson is at the helm, roosters will have to fluke a win.
OK, fingers crossed for the fluke then. :eek:

I haven't been impressed with his coaching style at all; I can't see anything at all positive coming from his coaching.

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
Good gutsy win by the Broncos! Happy with the boys' performances considering the situation we were in (Players backing up, Joey Johns' retirement, players playing out of position etc.) but plenty of improvement needed if we are a chance to take down the Storm. They perhaps aren't travelling as well as the ladder suggests and a well executed game plan can really give them a run for their money next Friday night.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jeez the knights could have gotten a lot out of that win, a move to top 5, confidence for next week's game. nonetheless it was close game and i was very impressed with the effort of the boys thorough the game. the senior players have really stood up since 'the' retirement, nice to see.

look chocolate_lover, no hard feelings, chris anderson's thinking is seasoned. he hasn't been in touch with the nrl for so long and all of a sudden he carries the expectation to get that 1000th win for the chooks. unless the marquee players fire up, i honestly won't be surprised if they go through the season winless.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
roosters probably wont go through the season winless...theyre bound to win some games, and its not a matter of if, but when

HSC
the roosters should win against the dragons, if they can just fix up their defence. wing and anasta had there best games in years against the raiders and that effort would be enough to get them across the line.

anyway this match will decide their season. the dragons are destined for a crappy seasons ahead so a loss seems appropriate.

and 80 minutes of commitment from the panthers should get them home i hope please god

HSC
If the Roosters win by, I think it's 24 or something, Dragons will be on the bottom of the ladder. :D

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
rabbitohs beat the cowboys : 10-6, a surprisingly low scoring affair considering the attacking assets on both sides

bored6

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
the roosters should win against the dragons, if they can just fix up their defence. wing and anasta had there best games in years against the raiders and that effort would be enough to get them across the line.

anyway this match will decide their season. the dragons are destined for a crappy seasons ahead so a loss seems appropriate.

and 80 minutes of commitment from the panthers should get them home i hope please god
We'll lose in a close scoring affair me thinks /dissapointed-roosters-fan-07.

HSC
bored6 said:
We'll lose in a close scoring affair me thinks /dissapointed-roosters-fan-07.
I know, hey.:(:(:(

I'm hoping that Harrison gets more time on the field this week; it's good to see him back out there though.

If Wing and Anasta play like they did last week (doubtful) we could have 1000. :D

I really wish that Lewis was playing though, and that Anderson would let Soward have a go in First Grade; he deserves at least a chance. Oh and that Anasta was playing Lock.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Dragons still have too much talent and scoring power IMO.. They shouldn't have too much trouble beating the Roosters on ANZAC Day. So does anyone know the chances of the game being sold out? I'm thinking of just rocking up and buying tickets at the box office.

SyCoTiC

HSC
And they were coming 2nd last this time last year as well. Look where they ended up at the end of the season. =)

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
And they were coming 2nd last this time last year as well. Look where they ended up at the end of the season. =)
I don't remember them winning any premierships last year, or making any grand finals to be honest. :p

SyCoTiC

HSC
Neither do I but I do remember them making it to the Grand Final qualifier as well as the top 8 - Something the Roosters didn't manage to do. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)