2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
wuddie said:
fk me dead... dragons for the spoon.

so why do only 4 teams get a bye? how does that work?
Teams only get 1 bye this season, since there are an even number of teams. These occur in blocks of 4 teams spread out over 4 weekends over the season.

Rd 6:
New Zealand Warriors bye
St.George-Illawarra Dragons bye
Sydney Roosters bye
Wests Tigers bye

Rd 10
Canberra Raiders bye
Newcastle Knights bye
Penrith Panthers bye
South Sydney Rabbitohs bye

Rd 13
Brisbane Broncos bye
Bulldogs bye
Gold Coast Titans bye
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles bye

Rd 16
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks bye
Melbourne Storm bye
North Queensland Cowboys bye
Parramatta Eels bye

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dragons for the spoon :D
even roosters won their first game of the season, their season is literally over
i dont see them making the top 8

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Two of the Rooster's tries were from bombs (though they were cross-field bombs). They might not have been completely random but they certainly weren't what I would consider a properly directed cross-field kick. There was definitely an element of luck in it... and by that I mean it was mostly luck.

I don't find what's going on with the Roosters at the moment surprising at all. Right from the start they were never in my top 8. I put them 2nd or 3rd last before the season even started. Even before Gasnier was out I never had the Dragons making the 8 either.

HSC
they always have slow starts to the year...but this is gettin ridiculous. fair starting to lose patience.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
brogan77 said:
Errr, you're a gimp.

LOLZROFL KICKING IZNT AS VALID A FORM OF TRYSCORINZZZZ AS PASSINGZZZZ

Yeah, ok. Go back to 1925.
Kicks are valid, bombs are not. There is a big different between a cross-field kick or grubber and a bomb.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
brogan77 said:
Hahahaha whatever dude. Cos a bomb isn't a kick, aye. :rolleyes:
If you can't see the difference you are an idiot. A bomb is luck not intentional like other kinds of kicks.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you can't see the difference you are an idiot. A bomb is luck not intentional like other kinds of kicks.
the bomb is not always luck. there are sides today who pratice kicking to their wingers, who are professionals at jumping to catch it. they also bomb just utside the ingoal and then force a restart.

anyway who cares roosters are still shit yippie hammer time

SyCoTiC

HSC
Bomb and cross-field kicks are different and there is an element of luck in it but teams do practice for it but a lot rides on the luck as well. I watched the game and the bombs most certainly weren't that good but just from two very good catches IMO which got the Roosters ahead. Simply put - Individual brilliance.

Cross-field kicks are lower with a lot more direction to who they want to hit on the chest at the end. A grubber is similar to the bomb but oviously the element of luck rides on the bounce of the ball. All are different but a bomb is a type of kick.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
brogan77 said:
Yep, ok. Yep, they don't practise it at all, nor train for it.

Yep dude, you know everything. A bomb totally isn't a kick at all. Nup, the ball totally doesn't leave the hands and then get struck by the boot. Nah, that's not a kick at all..
extraordinary07 said:
the bomb is not always luck. there are sides today who pratice kicking to their wingers, who are professionals at jumping to catch it. they also bomb just utside the ingoal and then force a restart.
Just because they train for it doesn't mean luck isn't a significant part of it.
I never said bombs weren't kicks, I said they aren't as valid as other kicks which are much more controlled. Luck is more important in bombs than any other kick.

There is also a difference between a good tactical bomb with proper direction and a kick the shit out of it and hope bomb. The bombs in the Roosters game were the second kind. The tries were lucky. While the players who caught them and scored did a good job all it says about the team is that they can't score without a good amount of luck to help them.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Just because they train for it doesn't mean luck isn't a significant part of it.
I never said bombs weren't kicks, I said they aren't as valid as other kicks which are much more controlled. Luck is more important in bombs than any other kick.

There is also a difference between a good tactical bomb with proper direction and a kick the shit out of it and hope bomb. The bombs in the Roosters game were the second kind. The tries were lucky. While the players who caught them and scored did a good job all it says about the team is that they can't score without a good amount of luck to help them.
guys, what are we doing, we are missing the point...the roosters suck ass!!!

lol one win and they harness the pride of a nation piss off they have some okay players but a shit coach and the guys in the office are obessesed with short term success.

lol and now anasta is a certainty for NSW 5/8, this season is just getting better lol. how good will it be like anasta and gower/orford/kimmorley versus lockyer and thruston we are in need of a shovel we are in deep shit and so are the roosters.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
says who anasta is a 5/8 certainty for blues? he's likely but you can't say kurt gidley is out of the picture. he has easily been the knights best player in every game this season and nsw would be going straight to doomstown if they don't at least have him on the bench as a utility.

to another story, anyone heard about the richie williams saga? what a dipstick! he's played a few games and reckons he's got the woods on anasta. i mean, shit, it's like saying sri lanka will flog aust in the world cup final. i hate people who dont admit to defeats.

SyCoTiC

HSC
He's an arrogant little fool and I could tell just from the style of game he plays when he made his debut.

He can't live up to the hype, he'll be gone by season's end of Gasnier is to return to 5/8th position.

They should give Range Chase a go!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
lol bomb isnt kick? I mean wtf

AS far as i my understanding a bomb is a type of kick - where ball travels meteres - as vertical as possible into the air. resulting in a dropped catch or one of your teammates catching it and scoring

Luck is invovled everything - although is luck to kick to right hieght or is it luck that one of your teammates managed to get to the ball?

Anyway - anasta for origin if thats case NSW are desperate..

Gidley vs Hodgson for Full back - otherwise Gidley as utility.

Gidley form is brillaint and he played really well against Broncos you play well against them you virtually play well against half the Kangaroos team.

HSC
HotShot said:

Gidley form is brillaint and he played really well against Broncos you play well against them you virtually play well against half the Kangaroos team.
I'd definitely put Minichiello into the race for Fullback, on Wednesday he was great!

bored6

HSC
HotShot said:
lol bomb isnt kick? I mean wtf

AS far as i my understanding a bomb is a type of kick - where ball travels meteres - as vertical as possible into the air. resulting in a dropped catch or one of your teammates catching it and scoring

Luck is invovled everything - although is luck to kick to right hieght or is it luck that one of your teammates managed to get to the ball?

Anyway - anasta for origin if thats case NSW are desperate..

Can pretty much gurantee you it won't be either of those players :)

Both Mini and even Stewart deserve to be there before them - regardless of form.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I'd definitely put Minichiello into the race for Fullback, on Wednesday he was great!
Minichello? I doubt it. Stewart maybe. Hodgson drawback is he cant kick - but is defence is simply outstanding. Gidley can kick and defence is just as good.

Minnichello imo isnt good enough - he isnt that quick nor is he that good in defence.

Wondering I mean Buderus has the hooker spot cos he is captain - but Farah deserves it - he has been oustanding, maybe he could be on the bench or something.

Brett Sherwin was good for the bulldogs - he could be no.7 for the BLues has the experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)