2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
HotShot said:
Minichello? I doubt it. Stewart maybe. Hodgson drawback is he cant kick - but is defence is simply outstanding. Gidley can kick and defence is just as good.

Minnichello imo isnt good enough - he isnt that quick nor is he that good in defence.

Wondering I mean Buderus has the hooker spot cos he is captain - but Farah deserves it - he has been oustanding, maybe he could be on the bench or something.

Brett Sherwin was good for the bulldogs - he could be no.7 for the BLues has the experience.
I'm just curious, how many Roosters games have you watched?

SyCoTiC

HSC
Mini deserves the spot based on loyalty and the mentality of 'been there done that'. Based on form would definitely be Stewart or Gidley.

Bedsy will be there because he needs the captaincy but Farah will have a gig on the bench if they have space but Sherwin will never ever play Origin. He's never played it before and right now has just struggled to return to the Dogs team let alone Origin. There are far better halfbacks in the game than Shifty, that man is far too hot and cold for me in my opinion.

Perhaps Kimmorley and an out-of-position Gower or Orford would be their best bet if they can form an opinion. However if selectors want a combination then Kimmorley and Dykes will be their best bet.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I'm just curious, how many Roosters games have you watched?
Thats bit like how many matches have you watched of the tigers? or the Eagles or the sharks? But quite frankly the roosters SUCK anyway. why would you want to watch a team so shit

I think Matt Orford has a good shot at half back.
Kimmorely is too old. Gower days are finished

On that note Morris improved drastically in the Bulldogs match.

FOr centres, wingers, hooker and forwards are all covered. Just the 5/8th and hb positions that are a worry.

Anasta at 5/8th - not a bad option but really we need creativity. I would go Orford at half back and Lyon at 5/8 or centre? anyway lets see the City vs Country match,.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Since when does age have anything to do with your ability to play Origin? Look at the likes of Joey, Lockyer, Fittler, Langer and Civoniceva. All pretty much into their 30s and Kimmorley has looked the goods for quite some time. IMO I would have him at halfback. He's been there and he's shown he can play so why not?

I don't know too much about Lyon being at 5/8th as I haven't seen him play too much but perhaps he's a good gamble considering there have been numerous successes of players switching position. Orford so far is a potential candidate however he has only recently returned from injury and so until he shows some form then I think the selectors will go for a safer option.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Since when does age have anything to do with your ability to play Origin? Look at the likes of Joey, Lockyer, Fittler, Langer and Civoniceva. All pretty much into their 30s and Kimmorley has looked the goods for quite some time. IMO I would have him at halfback. He's been there and he's shown he can play so why not?

I don't know too much about Lyon being at 5/8th as I haven't seen him play too much but perhaps he's a good gamble considering there have been numerous successes of players switching position. Orford so far is a potential candidate however he has only recently returned from injury and so until he shows some form then I think the selectors will go for a safer option.
Kimmorley isnt good enough with his age I reckon to make it through. He is good player, but there are players that are quikcer, sharper and physically better, just as skilled maybe lacking experience that could go ahead of him.

SyCoTiC

HSC
If Noddy isn't good enough to make it then I don't think the majority of NSW's potential halfbacks are good enough to make it. He's performed before on representative level and is showing some serious form at the moment to warrant a possible NSW jumper.

Sharper? Noddy is as sharp as anybody when on his game.

Quicker? Perhaps not as quick but he is good enough with the speed that he's got.

Physically? He is as bulked up and ready for the game as anybody there is and you're asking for Orford to play in a NSW jumper. Look at the size of the bloke.

Experience and your mentality going into a game is as much an attribute for a player as is his talents and skills. If you're not in the right frame of mind when you go into the game then you're not ready no matter how slick and classy your skills are when you have the football in your hands, which is why experience is a key factor in State of Origin and that is why Noddy has a far better chance than his counterparts who have never played that level of football.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Fuck me, if I see another crap ass obstruction penalty I'm going to HURT SOMEONE.

Warriors should be in front by like 19837765 - 4. What's the point of even having decoy runners if the moment they brush past a defender it's an obstruction?

PS - If Orford doesn't get the nod for NSW the world's gone nuts. Is what you're saying we should never introduce new players into Origin? Matt Orford has been one of the best, consistant halfbacks in the NRL for at least the past 3 years. Should he not be given the chance to prove that he can perform at that level? For crying out loud, the selectors gave BRETT FINCH a chance.

SyCoTiC

HSC
My point is that Noddy looks a better choice than Orford based on the fact that he's been there and is capable of performing. Orford does deserve the chance but at the moment NSW are in dire straits to find a ready-made and established halfback to fill that positional void. They gave Finch a go and he performed ordinarily bar the field goal he kicked but had it not been for the slow start by the Maroons, he would've most certainly been looked at as an ordinary halfback.

You go for who is reliable. Don't twist what I was trying to say.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
YAY :D so glad the warriors are the winrars. This does wonders to my tipping.

Now I need Titans and Sharks to win. Two 50/50 games :( It took me ages to decide who to tip ion those.

bored6

HSC
stazi said:
YAY :D so glad the warriors are the winrars. This does wonders to my tipping.

Now I need Titans and Sharks to win. Two 50/50 games :( It took me ages to decide who to tip ion those.
Fuck me that was a good game. Warriors are still looking pretty explosive despite their re-structuring.

HSC
hehe om bored so im posying another post..... should be doin my homework but u know.... bOrInG!!! lol
i dont really follow football.... i go for who ever at the time... so i really cant say.... everyone is reading this and thinking wtf is she on.... but u know wat by the time u have done that u would of wasted precios seconds of ur life that ur never gonna get back....... hahaha...
TIME WASTING!!!!!!!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LOLOLOLOOOLOLOLL I bet you're one of those fat drama chick.

also, learn to spell.

kthxbi.

bored6 - i didnt get to see that game, but ill download a replay. i saw the score 15 mins online before it was over and cried, as the rabbitohs were dominating.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Just give the halfback jumper _ 5/8th to Farah he handle both :)

Anyway the city vs country should sort things out.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh no theyre not
roosters are playing 1000 times shitter than the eels
go eels...please do me proud this time :)

bored6

HSC
HotShot said:
Just give the halfback jumper _ 5/8th to Farah he handle both :)

Anyway the city vs country should sort things out.
Leave this thread.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
good on the knights for holding on in the last 10, fk me dead it was too close for comfort.

but jeez, the knights needed that win, moves them into the top 6. had they lost that, and with buderus, gidley and newton backing up (hopefully) on sunday, bulldogs will fancy themselves big time.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
All the sharks are cheaters.

They're constantly messing around in the play the ball... Kimmorley and Gallen being the main offenders. Tonight Gallen deliberately stepped on a guy's hand when he got up to play the ball. They're constantly putting their knees into players when they try and stand up.

Bird slid knees first into Gidley after he scored a try.

Pomeroy on at least 2 occasions pushed a defensive player away to stop him having a chance to tackle the player with the ball.

I know they are desperate to win but this is not in the spirit of the game. If they aren't going to play fair they should all be suspended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)