2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's better to be known for being a screw up that not being known at all. You hear from Iemma all the time but never from Debnam. So many people still have no idea who he is.

They missed the opportunity when he first took over as leader to let people know he existed. That was pretty bad but the worst thing is they aren't even taking the opportunity now to fix it.

Whoever is running their campaign needs to be fired. Any random off the street would do a better job at this point.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Just a small reminder to you all that electoral enrolments for the coming State Election closes this Monday, 5th of March.

So I suggest you fax it in if you've been outrageously lazy.

Last edited:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
And Morris Iemma had the hide to call the request for an ICAC investigation into his dealings with the Canterbury Mayor as a smear campaign...

Oh how I hate that man...

NSW will be rewarding incompetence and ineptitude on March 24

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Haha...people actually think Debnam will win.....

I prefer Morris over him anyday but it looks like Morris may hand it over the premiership soon as he thinks he can get into federal politics which is a big leap for whatever losers end up in state politics which I think he will crash and burn

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Not really but Hitler would be closer to Debnam and David Clarke than Iemma.

Debnam looks like he will be sending all the Arabs and homosexuals to the gas chambers

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Dont mind ihavenothing, he's our resident partisan retard.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Dont mind ihavenothing, he's our resident partisan retard.
I spose someone needs to take over your post while you eat, sleep and urinate...

bshoc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I spose someone needs to take over your post while you eat, sleep and urinate...
exactly which party am I partisan for WAF?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
FF and CDP would fit you pretty well. I was more referring to your religious fanaticism.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
FF and CDP would fit you pretty well. I was more referring to your religious fanaticism.
In other words you dont know and you've failed. I don't see how you can possibly be in the student libs or whatever when you cant even handle moderate conservatism, are you in for a shock when you meet with your wider party.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bshoc said:
In other words you dont know and you've failed. I don't see how you can possibly be in the student libs or whatever when you cant even handle moderate conservatism, are you in for a shock when you meet with your wider party.
I've met a great deal of people from the wider party. We share economic aims, and disagree on social issues, I never expected everyone to agree with me.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I've met a great deal of people from the wider party. We share economic aims, and disagree on social issues, I never expected everyone to agree with me.
The point is only a small minority of your party actually share your social views, thus you've pretty much realistically conceded the social side for the economic, which is a relitively good trade off I suppose since I'm pretty sure you're neither a druggie or gay.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't conceded anything. The Liberal party is the only one even somewhat close to my views on anything, and the only way to change things is to work within the system you're given.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Haha...people actually think Debnam will win.....
I don't think anyone believes Debnam will win. Most people are resigned to the fact that we will have to suffer Iemma and Labor for four more years.

All I can say is that I hope the moderate faction get their backsides into gear, and regain control of the party; Barry O'Farrell is the only hope.

kenny156

Zoidberg Rocks!
HSC
To win government from opposition you must be able to clearly distinguish yourself from the current government (hence labor's problem federally). The coalition hasn't done this sufficiently to convince the public that they should run the state. Plus it doesnt help that Debnam is a relative unknown and you barely see any of his ministers except O'Farrell who wants the leadership for himself anyway.

Iemma is trying hard with an incompetent government. They no longer have any talent left on the frontbench whatsoever except Iemma himself, but he's using all his time covering ministerial mistakes/scandals instead of creating decent policy.

My tip: vote for the independents. if we do this and elect a substancial amount of independents, then we might force one of the parties to form a minority government which will keep them on their toes and keep them accountable to parliament, instead of passing whatever the hell they want.

The mood in the state seems to be that Labor has done a poor job but the coalition isn't much better. the lesser of two evils is???! here in newcastle (a typically safe labor seat) it is appearing more likely that an independent will win the seat (either the current mayor or the dumped labor member).

happy voting!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
GO DEbnam.. - sad fuck.

Is true that both of claimed to build a plant only if the water level drop below a certain point? WTf

So lets just further delay the project.

...omg.. Why is Australia all of sudden lacking leaders in politics? I mean look at Kevin Rudd fuck he is getting owned by Howard.

And Howard has all this shit behind him - HIcks war in Iraq, IR laws, Interest rates,
but Rudd is fuckwit - Bring in Gillaird - she stands out and thats what LAbor needs .

Iemma - gud old Iemma doesnt need to anything to win this election.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
kenny156 said:
To win government from opposition you must be able to clearly distinguish yourself from the current government (hence labor's problem federally). The coalition hasn't done this sufficiently to convince the public that they should run the state. Plus it doesnt help that Debnam is a relative unknown and you barely see any of his ministers except O'Farrell who wants the leadership for himself anyway
That is fairly true, however on certain issues such as water infrastructure and bureaucratic waste, there is a clear distinction. It's more the delivery of these messages that has failed.

Iemma is trying hard with an incompetent government. They no longer have any talent left on the frontbench whatsoever except Iemma himself, but he's using all his time covering ministerial mistakes/scandals instead of creating decent policy.
Except Iemma? Morris Iemma is a bumbling joke, who should not be able to rid himself of the Carr Legacy so easily. If the key key coalition recruits in Greg Smith, Pru Goward, Michael Baird and Graeme Annesley gain their desired seats, it will add a lot more talen to the Coalition shadow ministry which is lacklustre to say the least.

kenny156

Zoidberg Rocks!
HSC
frog12986 said:
Except Iemma? Morris Iemma is a bumbling joke, who should not be able to rid himself of the Carr Legacy so easily. If the key key coalition recruits in Greg Smith, Pru Goward, Michael Baird and Graeme Annesley gain their desired seats, it will add a lot more talen to the Coalition shadow ministry which is lacklustre to say the least.
The only reason that Iemma seems bumbling is because, as I said before, he is too busy covering for incompetent ministers. When he was but a humble minister in the Carr Government, not only did he manage to avoid a major screw up (comparatively to others) but under Carr's orders he managed to halve hospital waiting lists. He does have the talent but he is being held back.
In saying that, I do not believe he has the qualities to be Premier.

Bring back Neville Wran!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)