2007ers - What do you want to do after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
b med/ b surgery at UNSW
b sci(adv)/ b mechantronics engineering <--- back up
b med science <--- plan c

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Great, stricter P test, complicated Umat and then HSC!

Well you got one less than me. I gotta do STAT cause I might wanna go for pharmacy. :)

And if you get a good UAI and UMAT, you have to go through an interview. :D

chenliru

[h<3rt_kdramas.]
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Well you got one less than me. I gotta do STAT cause I might wanna go for pharmacy. :)

how do we go about with the STAT?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pritnep said:
Well either way under current laws you need to have your L's for at least six months and since that won't happen until the new laws are in effect then you will have to. Yes your right it is 120 hours.
Which means that only the new P laws will affect those who get their Ls now. The new L laws don't affect those who get their L license before July 1st, 2007.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Seriously please consider if you have the need to drive a car especially during HSC.
Trust me, if you're also getting your parent to teach you how to drive, you'll end up fighting alot...and you do not want added stress to your HSC or Prelim Year.

You can get your Ls early, but don't start driving till after HSC, cos then you have at least a month to practice to get your Ps.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I got all my hours during preliminary and had my P's shortly after term 4 year 12 started.

You can't just put life on hold just because you are doing teh HSC. Things need to be done life must go on, the HSC isn't just abou the HSC it is also about life as a young adult with responsibilities and for some that is learning to drive for whatever reason.

You can very easily get a good HSC result and learn to drive, don't put off what needs to be done instead work to achieve that perfect balance. Stress is unavoidable and if anything gets worse as the educational years go on, people need to get usest to it.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Thanks ~shinigami~, I though my worries would be over after the HSC, but nooooooo. :mad1:

pritnep said:
I got all my hours during preliminary and had my P's shortly after term 4 year 12 started.

You can't just put life on hold just because you are doing teh HSC. Things need to be done life must go on, the HSC isn't just abou the HSC it is also about life as a young adult with responsibilities and for some that is learning to drive for whatever reason.

You can very easily get a good HSC result and learn to drive, don't put off what needs to be done instead work to achieve that perfect balance. Stress is unavoidable and if anything gets worse as the educational years go on, people need to get usest to it.
Good advice pritnep...school, driving, sport, school, homework, school, sport work, school, sport, ?sleep?...there aren't enough hours in the day!!

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Good advice pritnep...school, driving, sport, school, homework, school, sport work, school, sport, ?sleep?...there aren't enough hours in the day!!
Unless you do what I do and don't sleep until 4am. Yuo get plenty to things done that way. :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Unless you do what I do and don't sleep until 4am. Yuo get plenty to things done that way.
Then I'd be exhausted the next day especially if I have to get up early for sports training and ext 2 maths. Damn, where's my time dilating train when I need it? Physics actually has a use. I'm shocked :eek:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
gypo_rich said:
1. B Commerce - Accounting/ B law Macq
2. B Commerce - Accounting/ B Applied Finance Macq
3. B Business and BA International UTS
4. B Business UTS

Yeh i as well heard something about the new p's driving test, so far its just in testing mode i believe among the 'novice' drivers if i remember correctly.

harder, easier or jus different i guess were gona have to wait and see (hopefully it dosen change tooo dramatically) - 7 months left from today (and a bit, cause 1st week of school starts always after my b'day) ill probably sit it, till then * 3 cheers * for not having to do the 100 hours + the 20 night time oness lol
It's 120 hours as I so learned and you should already be looking to do AT LEAST 10+ hours of night driving if not more as night driving is very different and that is where a lot of people get into trouble.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
pritnep said:
It's 120 hours as I so learned and you should already be looking to do AT LEAST 10+ hours of night driving if not more as night driving is very different and that is where a lot of people get into trouble.
Funnily, the majority of my driving hours are night, like from 11pm onwards.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:p Well you might be the opposite and have trouble during the day not being usest to the sun and it's glare at times etc.

IceOnFire

HSC
I am actually considering moving out after HSC. A friend of my has got an apartment in the city, so it means cheap rent. :) I hope....

Still need to scab money off parents though, but imagine the freedom!!

Probably need to apply for government help as well.. meh.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
pritnep said:
:p Well you might be the opposite and have trouble during the day not being usest to the sun and it's glare at times etc.
Nah, I've driven in the day time as well. No problems at all and as for glare, I got my sunnies. :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Nah, I've driven in the day time as well. No problems at all and as for glare, I got my sunnies. :)
I've lost my sunnies. :(

Gangles.McGee said:
I don't think I'd be confident enough to move out after the HSC. I still need my mum to feed me.
I know what you mean, leaving home and going into the big wide world and does any know how to do laundry? Nah but seriously I'd like the freedom but the expenses and the added responsibility, I'll see how I feel at the end of the year.

jdcb4

HSC
Still find it weird hearing people 17/18 years old saying 'I can't imagine moving out' etc. I will move out as soon as I finish HSC I imagine. But I guess going to Bordo I'm fair used to not beig at home.
Oh, and for what I was originaly going to say:
B Laws/B Economics USYD (99.6!)
B Laws/B Economics UNSW
B Laws/B Economics ANU
Or something along those lines

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not everyone can afford to nor are in ideal situations to move out and majority of parents don't want children to move out and start paying rent which is basically 'dead money'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)