• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Let's share the love guys.

So many points raised.

a) Dossena is puerile. He can come to Leeds, we might give him a game.
b) You are after the wrong David. David Villa would cost around the same and absolutely shits all over Silva. Villa + Torres up front = EPL defenders shitting their pants.
c) Reira is average, nothing more, nothing less. Much like Fletcher and Brown for Utd are average. All teams have them.
d) u-borat is right over MON, relations have soured, how couldn't they? Young/Lennon would both be a relative waste of money for what Rafa could purchase overseas.
e) please don't put the Sun and the Guardian in the same sentence. I know why Liverpool supporters hate the Sun, but the Guardian is hands down the best football newspaper website in the UK. I am on there religiously.
Dude, Guardian blows, read Guillem Balague :p:p:p:p:p

That was a joke, put down the shotgun.

In regards to David, I dont think they worked that well during the Euros', and the Gerrard Torres combo (hate using that word) is dynamite, I'd be cautious of breaking it up as it is proven, no time for tampering, just get the fucking job done, we tried it with Keane, they too did not work, and I thought that would not be as bad as predicted as Robbie has a great footballing mind. I would much rather an established wide play this window, for either flank TBH.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Nah, hes some fat dude that lives to suck Rafa's ass as they are both compatriates.

Benitez signs long-term Reds deal

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has ended speculation over his future at Anfield by signing a new deal that will keep him at the club until 2014.

Benitez's long-term future had been in doubt following behind-the-scenes problems at Liverpool.

"My heart is with Liverpool, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said the 48-year-old.

"I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying."

Benitez, who has been at the club since 2004, added: "I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

More to follow.

BBc .co.uk

So happy with this, perfect way to end of half yearlies!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
It's not funny. :mad1:

I will just remember Viduka 4-3 Liverpool! That cheers me up. And when we beat Arsenal at Highbury to keep us up and deny them the title... ah the memories. Admit it guys, you miss us.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
LOL at the Arsenal supporter for simply being an Arsenal supporter this season. Either you didn't read why I typed or your being bias due to obvious rivalry. THIS SEASON.
nope, i've read what you've said.

young > .....fake walcott

and you rate lennon because he has got a couple of goals and a few assists in the past 28 games.

he is quick and a league such as the EPL demands that players have pace.
however, if you've really watched 5-10 games, you'll know he cant even cross a ball with his right foot, so i wont even bother with his left foot; his footwork is limited and he is all to dependent on his sprints forward and cut-back from the by-line, which can be effective but becomes pretty predictable after 15 or so minutes.

ashley young is much, much, much better and would be on the left wing for england be it not for joe cole.

and what lennon does with his eyebrows, i dont know, but it looks fucked.

woops, i said a bad word.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

I will just remember Viduka 4-3 Liverpool! That cheers me up. And when we beat Arsenal at Highbury to keep us up and deny them the title... ah the memories. Admit it guys, you miss us.

do you still watch highlights on CC Championship football highlights thingy?

elland road is being wasted in the lower divisions.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

hahaha fuck i was just watching the arsenal vs leeds match last night, fuck the memories of that leeds team, we're pretty much champions league worthy back in those days. and that 1st goal by kewell was brilliant.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
its interesting how many current top flight players were formerly of leeds.
We were practically Utd's feeder club for a while.

Interestingly, Utd probably helped us stay in the Premiership for a season longer because of the Ferdinand deal. Fergie later admitted that he payed slightly over the odds (he payed cash up front - all other bids where part payments) because having Leeds stay in the Premiership meant more to him. Probably just so he could laugh with glee as he smashed us home and away, but still. This is probably why I don't really have an intense hatred of Utd when technically I am meant to.

In the end, he may as well have saved his cash.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
nope, i've read what you've said.

young > .....fake walcott

and you rate lennon because he has got a couple of goals and a few assists in the past 28 games.

he is quick and a league such as the EPL demands that players have pace.
however, if you've really watched 5-10 games, you'll know he cant even cross a ball with his right foot, so i wont even bother with his left foot; his footwork is limited and he is all to dependent on his sprints forward and cut-back from the by-line, which can be effective but becomes pretty predictable after 15 or so minutes.

ashley young is much, much, much better and would be on the left wing for england be it not for joe cole.

and what lennon does with his eyebrows, i dont know, but it looks fucked.

woops, i said a bad word.
I said I rate him this season, last season I could not give 2 shits about him as he did 0 for me. I am not a fan of Young, ok this season he has been ok, but like I said it really is just pace. I have not seen him put any good crosses in, well none that wow me (Lennon), though his attack frame of mind, his speed set ups etc etc have impressed me this season, no harm in that what so ever, would much rather he over Albert Riera. I really wonder if Lennon/Gabby would have been so crash hot and on every bodies lips if Villa had not pushed for a CL spot. I remember last season Abgonlahor playing as a RW for a fair bit of the season, I'll give him credit, he did well there consider he is better centralized. What Aaron does with his hair/eyebrows still has nothing on what Cisse used to do. I remember thinking to myself, what a fuck.

Last edited:

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Just putting it out there that if anybody wants to join a pretty decent Liverpool forum that has members from all over the globe, pm me and i'll send details, not just Liverpool fans either.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I said I rate him this season, last season I could not give 2 shits about him as he did 0 for me. I am not a fan of Young, ok this season he has been ok, but like I said it really is just pace. I have not seen him put any good crosses in, well none that wow me (Lennon), though his attack frame of mind, his speed set ups etc etc have impressed me this season, no harm in that what so ever, would much rather he over Albert Riera. I really wonder if Lennon/Gabby would have been so crash hot and on every bodies lips if Villa had not pushed for a CL spot. I remember last season Abgonlahor playing as a RW for a fair bit of the season, I'll give him credit, he did well there consider he is better centralized. What Aaron does with his hair/eyebrows still has nothing on what Cisse used to do. I remember thinking to myself, what a fuck.
you mean young right?

young was actually better last season. he was in the epl team of the season, he was second only to fabregas in assists, racked up a heap of goals also.

he's crosses are lethal man, and he's free kicks leave nothing to be desired; he can skin any fullback in the premier league with a combination of speed and stepovers, whereas lennon only possesses raw speed.

that being said, the longer young's shit form last, the better.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
you mean young right?

young was actually better last season. he was in the epl team of the season, he was second only to fabregas in assists, racked up a heap of goals also.

he's crosses are lethal man, and he's free kicks leave nothing to be desired; he can skin any fullback in the premier league with a combination of speed and stepovers, whereas lennon only possesses raw speed.

that being said, the longer young's shit form last, the better.
Young for which part?? If it's for the gabby part then I meant him, as last season he was often played out of position, and I've credited him for doing well there when he is better centralized. Lennon, to me this season, from what I have seen, has been a good. That is all I am saying lol, I have not seen as much Villa as I have Spurs as my brother is a Yid so I generally watch most as many games as I can with him. Whils't were on Villa, I fully give credit to MON for developing these players, and especially Milner (another ex-Leedsmen) the unsung hero. Alot of hype surrounds Gabby and Young, but James seems a new player he was shite with Newcastle, now I dont mind him at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)