• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
Would just mean Arsenal make the final or close to it every year but never win it.

Wouldn't change much then.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ouch.

But seriously, Middlesborough vs Bolton was a League Cup final match. Need I say more.
But Boro weren't a bad team back then, they somehow got their way to the UEFA Cup final the following season, but rightly got spanked by Juande Ramos' Sevilla.

The League Cup was a money spinning competition back in the 80s. They realised that fans wanted more football, so they put this competition in place, getting more money out of the people. But with the money involved in the league and European Cup nowadays, this little cup is no longer on top of the big clubs' priorities.

I've always enjoyed the Carling Cup, because it gives our reserve and young players a chance to play some serious football, and it also gives me a chance to see how they are.

Charizard

HSC
Ouch.

But seriously, Middlesborough vs Bolton was a League Cup final match. Need I say more.
Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Mills, Ehiogu, Southgate, Queudrue, Mendieta, Boateng, Doriva, Zenden, Juninho Paulista, Job (Ricketts 65).

That was their line up for that match. Fair bit better then what they have now id say.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Looks like I'll be watching the games online with a poor quality picture and possibly with spanish commentary :mad1:
I got setanta just for the fa, this package thing they had going on, ends when FA is over, apart from that its pretty crap, better off streaming then wasting your $$

Last edited:

Charizard

HSC
I got setanta just for the fa, this package thing they had going on, ends when FA is over, apart from that its pretty crap, better off streaming then wasting your $$
You just think it's crap because liverpool aren't in the FA cup anymore.

MIRITE.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Mills, Ehiogu, Southgate, Queudrue, Mendieta, Boateng, Doriva, Zenden, Juninho Paulista, Job (Ricketts 65).

That was their line up for that match. Fair bit better then what they have now id say.
boro don't have horrible players as some might suggest - some are certainly premiership material.

e.g: tuncay, downing, pogatetz, o'neil, alves, aliadiere, huth.

HSC

good side that, if not only for schwarzer and juninho.

08er

HSC
should be very good games. i had a dream - porto 2 - 1 manutd

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
Arsenal shall dominate villareal whereas man united shall fall to porto>

chelsea will edge liverpool whereas barcelona wont have any trouble in thier clash with bayern.

These are statements received from the matchfixers...these shall be the results.

All hail arsenal>

u-borat

Banned
HSC
porto have not lost to an english team ever at the stade de dragao; and they've hosted all 4 big teams in the last few years...and they won all those games except 1-1 with liverpool 1 year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)