2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Well last night's big game didn't exactly work out as I thought it would. As a United supporter I will also remember the severity of this loss to our biggest rivals for a long time. Liverpool fans can laugh and brag all they want though (and I certainly would be if it was Man United instead that had won 4-1)...but this result does nothing to change the fact that Man United will win the title.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It could be worse for Utd supporters, you could have lost at home to Fulham!

..... :(

08er

HSC
that can't be worse than losing to their biggest rivals at home

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Perhaps, but Utd's loss shouldn't affect them in real terms (ie, they still should win the title). But for Bolton, this was a chance to kick into midtable and away from the relegation pack. Now, they are right back in it.

Utd's pride was all that was dented last night. So was Bolton's chances of staying in the Premiership. I think (hope) that Boro are down, West Brom are already down, so there is about six teams fighting, if thats the right word, for one relegation berth.

Roy9

HSC
At least you provided valid reasons for supporting Terry, instead of flamethrower's 'dumb fuck'. I didn't say he was a bad player per se, just massively overrated. Ferdinand, for example, is a far more accomplished centre half. But his drugs ban means he will probably never be England captain.

The fact that Terry is captain for club and country is galling. You may differ to my opinion, but nothing he does is inspirational. Ballack would be a better choice for club, and Gerrard for country imo.
Ballack for captain over Lampard? Really?..

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Ha LMF, did i not say to you earlier that, if liverpool managed to win, you would look like an idiot.

now, dear sir, you must truly feel idiotic.

no way will arsenal and aston villa knock off united. Hate to say it, but unfortunately, united will pull through like they have every other season.
that's not what he said. he said he can only see arsenal and villa knocking points off united.
arsenal play united in the penultimate week, if i remember correctly, and if all estimates are correct, we should have fabregas, adebayor and rosicky back by then. that being said, arsenal also play chelsea the week before the united game.

should be good viewing.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
biases aside, i actually cant see any genuine reason for terry to be captain over gerrard. like you said, gerrard is inspirational and that is exactly what england need atm
imho, i think the captaincy should go to young three-o walcott.
i think the added responsibility will only serve to improve his game. also, i think such a gesture will aid in grooming him to become the next arsenal captain.
you might disagree, but the last great english captain was also a right winger, and right wingers are usually known around the english set-up for their outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.

heil walcott.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
wait, izzay's trying to be funny right?

you dont actually think walcott is captain material do you?

i'd personalyl go with ferdinand for england.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ha LMF, did i not say to you earlier that, if liverpool managed to win, you would look like an idiot.

now, dear sir, you must truly feel idiotic.
Idiotic is not the word to describe my feelings atm. It's worse than that. It's one of sadness and disappointment. I don't really care about looking like a fool as long as my team wins. Losing twice to Liverpool in one season is tough to take, especially after our recent good run against them.

Last season Man Citeh did the double over us, and this season Liverpool. These are the things that I will not forget in a while. But if we go on to repeat the success of last season, then I don't think I can complain about that.

There are thousands of Liverpool supporters before myself that have made themselves look idiotic by talking up their title chances too. So I'm not too worried about this. In the short term, this hurts like hell, but looking at the bigger picture, this is probably the loss we needed to give ourselves a kick up the backside.

Now Benitez wants to win the remaining 9 games. Let's see how that goes.

samwell

HSC
At least you provided valid reasons for supporting Terry, instead of flamethrower's 'dumb fuck'. I didn't say he was a bad player per se, just massively overrated. Ferdinand, for example, is a far more accomplished centre half. But his drugs ban means he will probably never be England captain.

The fact that Terry is captain for club and country is galling. You may differ to my opinion, but nothing he does is inspirational. Ballack would be a better choice for club, and Gerrard for country imo.
Yh i can agree chelsea could have another person as captain but the fact is that his presence in defence especially as a leader is vital to our defence. Yh Ballack would definetely be a gud captain but Terry is pretty much 'home-grown.' Gerrard has an awesome leadership character which is very consistent. i can also agree with Gerrard being a better england captain than anybody else in the startin 11.

HSC
terry plays for the shirt. ballack and gerrard do not, for club and country respectively. gerrard is inspirational for liverpool because he fucking loves that club, but for england he is absolutely pants.

Roy9

HSC
For England captain I would pick Steven Gerrard. Both Rio and Rooney would also make better captains than John Terry.
Rooney? Oh god

EDIT: Oh yeah, Villa f'ed up their claim for a CL spot. Looks like they'll be battling it out with Everton for 5th.

Charizard

HSC
lol ballack.

The guy is a cunt, no one at the club would want michael ballack as captain.

Maybe drogba would make a good captain then ?

Also, you're right in that ferdinand is a better central defender then terry, but that's exactly my point, not many people would disagree with you on that, so by how much is he actually so overrated?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Rooney? Oh god

EDIT: Oh yeah, Villa f'ed up their claim for a CL spot. Looks like they'll be battling it out with Everton for 5th.
5th? why don't you have some belief in everton and say they will make the top 4 ahead of villa and arsenal? both still have to play united so they're in a pretty good position at this point to make it.

Roy9

HSC
5th? why don't you have some belief in everton and say they will make the top 4 ahead of villa and arsenal? both still have to play united so they're in a pretty good position at this point to make it.
I know they're in with a chance seeing as they have the easiest draw out of the bunch for the rest of the season (Chelsea and Villa both away being the toughest) but we haven't really played to our full potential since Arteta was injured. Two scoreless draws against Newcastle and Blackburn, an unconvincing win against West Brom, getting out of jail against Middlesbrough and beating Stoke 3-1 where we were completely rattled after they scored and the game look liked it could go either way...

Need to step it up if we're going to make a push for 4th and cause United any trouble in the semis

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Rooney? Oh god
Yeah, Rooney. Sure he hasn't exactly been an angel in the past but he is a much more mature footballer now. He is young, extremely talented and the passion with which he plays the game is obvious. I think he would be a great motivational leader.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
lol ballack.

The guy is a cunt, no one at the club would want michael ballack as captain.

Maybe drogba would make a good captain then ?

Also, you're right in that ferdinand is a better central defender then terry, but that's exactly my point, not many people would disagree with you on that, so by how much is he actually so overrated?
I don't dispute that Ballack is a cunt. But he is a German cunt, and would make a damn good Chelsea captain.

If you agree that Ferdinand is a better centre half, would that not make the fact that Terry is captain mean that he is overrated?

And I just lolled at uni over Rooney for captain. Just behind Veron as Fergie's worst big name purchase. He plays epic for a purple patch of 2-3 games, then reverts to pure shit for the next 2 months. Rinse and repeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)