2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
For England captain I would pick Steven Gerrard. Both Rio and Rooney would also make better captains than John Terry.
when i said walcott, i was just having a kiddy cat rat...

but you're not joking when you say rooney, are you?

but now that you mentioned it, word on the street is emile heskey is up for contention or if stewart downing can maintain form for m'brgh, he might get a chance also.

how good was aston villas fuck up this morning

'the future looks bright, the future's red and white'

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
fool should have thought twice before he threw the UEFA cup and FA cup in quick succession.

now they eat dirt.

lets hope this doesnt come back to bite me...
even if it does, i dont think ill have a forum full of liverpool fans grilling me alive.

kuytbird

HSC
Dont be so sure :)

And Rooney for capitain?
Sent off against Portugal in the world cup is far from inspirational, especially when the coach goes out on a limb and puts him in the side unfit.

Last edited:

Charizard

HSC
Rooney isn't as bad as some people are making out.

People often think he has a huge bad patch then a few weeks of greatness, but its often due to injuries. He's probably not as good as some of the media reckon, be hes english, so overhype is to be expected.

Charizard

HSC
I don't dispute that Ballack is a cunt. But he is a German cunt, and would make a damn good Chelsea captain.
What does german have to do with being a good captain?

if everyone thinks hes a cunt, their is going to be disharmony in the change room thus he would not make a good captain.

If chelsea were to have a new captain their would be little question it would be lampard.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Rooney isn't as bad as some people are making out.

People often think he has a huge bad patch then a few weeks of greatness, but its often due to injuries. He's probably not as good as some of the media reckon, be hes english, so overhype is to be expected.
I don't know whether anyone else was disputing whether he is a good player or not, as, i for one believe he is pretty top-notch.

But a captain? pa-leeez.
the guy is way too much of a hot-head.
i'll probably get a heap of united players saying "ohh nah..but...it's passion"

it's not. he has got anger and temper issues, no doubt about it.

he reminds me of mike tyson in this clip.

08er

HSC
Yeah, Rooney. Sure he hasn't exactly been an angel in the past but he is a much more mature footballer now. He is young, extremely talented and the passion with which he plays the game is obvious. I think he would be a great motivational leader.
i disagree with the maturity part. did you see him in the liverpool game? he is the last person id make captain

matt#1

HSC
N/A
i disagree with the maturity part. did you see him in the liverpool game? he is the last person id make captain
Regardless of what all you guys think...Rooney will be a future England and Manchester United captain and both teams will greatly benefit from his leadership. Also, even though the press may hype up Wayne Rooney a tad...he is still England's best young talent and if you watch Manchester United play each week as I do...you would see that he is a very consistent player. He does alot more for the team than just score goals.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
regardless of what all you guys think...rooney will be a future england and manchester united captain and both teams will greatly benefit from his leadership. Also, even though the press may hype up wayne rooney a tad...he is still england's best young talent and if you watch manchester united play each week as i do...you would see that he is a very consistent player. He does alot more for the team than just score goals.
good player =/= good captain

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I know that great players do not necessarily make the best captains. I was just talking about Rooney's quality in response to all those people saying that he is 'overrated' and that he goes through "patches" of good and bad form all the time. Whilst I will agree to some extent that Rooney sometimes goes through patches where he dosen't score too many goals...the overall quality of his contribution to the team is consistently outstanding.

Rooney's exceptional talent is just one of many reasons why he will be a future Man United and England captain. He will be around for a long time to come, already has loads of experience despite his young age, he has the necessary passion and committment and is a great player to build any team around.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
He may become captain of England, but I doubt Utd. Not as long as Fergie is there anyway. I know some people have made comparisons to Keane in the hotheaded stakes, but Keane was able to channel his aggression. And he knew his squad had his ultimate respect. In many ways, Keane was the perfect captain.

England have a long and distinguished record of appointing captains who are wrong for the job. Rooney is odds on to get it one day then.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
He may become captain of England, but I doubt Utd. Not as long as Fergie is there anyway. I know some people have made comparisons to Keane in the hotheaded stakes, but Keane was able to channel his aggression. And he knew his squad had his ultimate respect. In many ways, Keane was the perfect captain.

England have a long and distinguished record of appointing captains who are wrong for the job. Rooney is odds on to get it one day then.
I disagree. He will definitely also captain Man United.

Whether Rooney will be wrong for the England captaincy job is yet to be determined. You can't simply dismiss him based on the performance of past captains. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

08er

HSC
So what if Rooney does become captain in the future? We're saying he is unsuitable for that role, for many reasons stated above

matt#1

HSC
N/A
So what if Rooney does become captain in the future? We're saying he is unsuitable for that role, for many reasons stated above
...And I am saying that there are just as many reasons in favour of him being very suitable for such a role. Anyway, until that time comes I believe the captain should be Steven Gerrard.

08er

HSC
i agree with you there, imo there is no one in world football who possess the leadership qualities of gerrard at themoment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)