2008 HSC drama students (1 Viewer)

aprilfinney

HSC
hey
i am doing performance for my IP does anyone have any good books for monologues? cause im finding it hard to find pieces that last 6-8 minutes

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Monologue books really aren't very good for finding IP pieces. They generally have no context, are too short, and very often cliche. Try reading some plays, and finding sections that you like. This can be turned into a monologue. The same is true for movies, especially older ones, that most people haven't seen.

morganelizabeth

HSC
Yeah year 12 drama is a bitch.

My IP is the only thing that is really going for me atm. I'm lucky I found my piece otherwise I would be screwed.

I haaaaaate drama so much, my class is so freakin talented I feel so dumb. I'm having so much trouble with the essays and stuff.

GAH

i hate the essays and stuff too, pointless. most likey cos my teacher sucks too.

i changed schools to start year 12. and in year eleven and the first term on year 12 i worked on my IP (performance) to get ahead.
it took me 6 months with the help of my EXT english teach from my old school to write my monologue, it was in the style of absurdist drama and took a bit for people to understand, so my future drama teacher (started teaching us term 2 of yr 12) offered to have a look at it.

she lost it.

kept telling me shed look for it.

then told the principal she never had it.
made up some story about me reading it to her and it swearing all thru it and being innapropriate for a catholic school.

pffttttt!!!!!!

im so angry.
we had to perform them for an assessment and i had a week to write a new one and learn it and do movements etc.

and have been so focused on GP now that i havent had the time to work on it.

i am so VERY VERY angry.

this school was the worst mistake.

Skat

HSC
Im doing drama and I am doing a performance for my Ip its hard finding a piece how is everyone else finding it??:confused:

i know :( im trying something with The Importance Of being Ernist :S not going to well just steriotypical

i need/want something that stands you and ....like....arg -.-" what have you got for ideas so far?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i know im trying something with The Importance Of being Ernist :S not going to well just steriotypical

i need/want something that stands you and ....like....arg -.-" what have you got for ideas so far?
This thread was for 2008 Drama students. You're probably more likely to get an answer if you post a new thread, or in a more recent one (i.e. one from the last month).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)