2008 Major Art Work (1 Viewer)

hpk

HSC
Well that's not small.. but it sounds like it'd be portable
write about both of these ideas..
wateva you write.. it doesn't matter.. atm their just marking you on YOUR progress not the strength or success of the work..
they don't do that until before they send it off to the markers..
write, draw whatever.. just don't sit around doing nothing..

bassistx

HSC
'k.. you're right... thanks! :)
I'll make a scaled version first to see if it works :S

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'm going to stick with the same global warming/mother earth thing, but change the concept a bit, maybe make it a bit contradictory and clever. I spoke to a friend of mine and formulated some really good ideas! lol

hpk: Congrats on your work getting selected! That's awesome! What was your BOW about?

bassistx: Pop-up city sounds Mad! A friend of mine from Last year was going to do something in pop-up, but it was a last minute thing and she didn't get it finished in time...She still got really good marks but!

bassistx

HSC
Really? It that case then I'll do it lol. I want good marks!

This was the paperplane idea...

~kiki

HSC
hpk said:
I agree with Kiki

Go with what you feel is strong. If your teacher disagrees I recommend not listening to them. Take what they say into consideration, but if it doesn't sit right with you, don't follow them.

I didn't finalise my work until the last month... before that I had been along the same idea, I just hadn't put much into practice. However when I did have something to show my teacher thought it was weak, she wanted me to change all this stuff.. and I was like no.. i've done all this work (even if it was in the last minute) and to change it would be unessessary, I shortened some stuff she didn't like, and cut an unessessary segment- but didn't follow her CRUCIAL advice of removing a "making out" scene, that would stop my work from being exhibited in art express- which she didn't believe it would get into.

and it did. it got in.

and now, she wants to be my best friend, and take credit for my work- which she didn't help me with during the year.

do what you feel is right, and if and when you get advice from your art teacher, consider it, weigh it up, but you don't have to necessarily follow it.
hah hah, thanks :p. Yeah. I think, alot of people make the mistake of thinking that just because their art teacher is well... an art teacher, they are some sort of authority on the artmaking process and, art itself. The unfortunate fact is, not all art teachers are good, so really, you just need to follow your instinct. I only made any real progress on mine late into the second term and I got into art express too :p. Not to say that I slacked off. It just meant that I had to put in a more concentrated amount of hours.

hpk

HSC
Exactly kiki. Well done btw!!! where abouts are you being exhibited? I'm in agnsw and then i think its touring nsw.. dunno

jade.. that sounds perfect.. stick with it and let it change if it needs to.. my bow was about our generations reliance on technology.. the fact that a lot of the time we vicariously live through our computer games or tv shows or movies etc.. and i expressed through the sims 2 which is really the epitome of living your dreams out in a game.. its on my youtube.. theres a link in my sig

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
hpk, I watched ur Video...It was Awesome!

It must have taken you ages! It's really clever!

zoeanne

HSC
Dont worry about what your art teacher wonts you to do, do what you wont to do... and even if you think its been done before dont worry about that, cause ur art work wont look the same as theres we all have different ideas.
im doing idea of sexulaising children.. yer i know been done before but o well...
anyways my teacher has been trying to get everyone in my class to work on with textiles.. haha not happening
but she keeps tryin to push us to do it.. so sometimes you just have to say no and move on its what you wont to do your art work not theirs they have to see that..

~kiki

HSC
hpk said:
Exactly kiki. Well done btw!!! where abouts are you being exhibited? I'm in agnsw and then i think its touring nsw.. dunno

jade.. that sounds perfect.. stick with it and let it change if it needs to.. my bow was about our generations reliance on technology.. the fact that a lot of the time we vicariously live through our computer games or tv shows or movies etc.. and i expressed through the sims 2 which is really the epitome of living your dreams out in a game.. its on my youtube.. theres a link in my sig
hey, thanks ^^... I have to admit, I got in at a pretty shitty location - Davi Jones + Wollongong city gallery.. but nevermind! :p

Congratz on getting into art gallery of NSW :eek:. I went to see the art express exhibition there only yesterday and the works were so fantastic! I particularly liked the works in the back room--

I watched yours- great work! Although, I have to admit, I did see it a couple of weeks ago when you posted the link on that other major work forum.

hpk

HSC
~kiki said:
hey, thanks ^^... I have to admit, I got in at a pretty shitty location - Davi Jones + Wollongong city gallery.. but nevermind! :p

Congratz on getting into art gallery of NSW :eek:. I went to see the art express exhibition there only yesterday and the works were so fantastic! I particularly liked the works in the back room--

I watched yours- great work! Although, I have to admit, I did see it a couple of weeks ago when you posted the link on that other major work forum.
ehhhh its all about being apart of it. Mine goes to wollongong and does the whole regional thing.. i guess cos its just a dvd its heaps easy.. so thats nice.
Well i am definitely going to stroll over to david jones.. and i may even go to the wollongong opening :)

~kiki

HSC
hpk said:
ehhhh its all about being apart of it. Mine goes to wollongong and does the whole regional thing.. i guess cos its just a dvd its heaps easy.. so thats nice.
Well i am definitely going to stroll over to david jones.. and i may even go to the wollongong opening :)
I think the david jones exhibition has ended already-- it was only a week long. The AGNSW opening night must have been fantastic! I think that the videos are often shown at more then one location- for obvious reasons :p..-- you can make multiple copies of them.

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
bassistx said:
Are you serious? 80%? That's arghhh! I can't carry a 1.2mx1.5mx.5m metal frame around, people will think I'm trying to kill somebody. It's too big and dangerous - I catch the bus to school.
I asked my teacher what'd happen if ours were really big.. He said it's okay to leave it at home, but he has to come over and check I'm working on it lol. That's so weird, teacher at my place lol.. And an art teacher, too.. They're all freaks lol.

Sucks about the VAPD entries... How can you write if you don't know?! I only bought a VAPD today!!!!! I haven't done anything. I'm so totally screwed :( I didn't even do any work in class all last term. Our teacher doesn't care, but I know my report is gonna hurt.
the vapd is really hard. i'm having trouble with it. just write what your doing, and if your idea changes, keep all the old stuff in as the whole "evolving ideas" thing. take photos of the stages as you go. put whatever you want in it. mine has poetry realting to my artwork, random pictures, anything really. Just go with it and it'll work cause your VAPD can't really be wrong, as it gets marked on your ability so yeah

bassistx

HSC
Indie-DiscoZ said:
the vapd is really hard. i'm having trouble with it. just write what your doing, and if your idea changes, keep all the old stuff in as the whole "evolving ideas" thing. take photos of the stages as you go. put whatever you want in it. mine has poetry realting to my artwork, random pictures, anything really. Just go with it and it'll work cause your VAPD can't really be wrong, as it gets marked on your ability so yeah
You are so reassuring lol.
I've actually started on it and it's coming along okay. I've got pictures etc, but I need to do some writing. It's due this Friday so I'm freaking out haha. But yeah, I think it'll be okay. The influences thing is hard though - I wasn't influenced by an artist or anything for a pop-up book lol so I'll have to make something up, I suppose.

And the 4 frames only came in like... 5-6 years ago or something? Maybe. I can't remember. But point is, artists never sat down thinking of the 4 frames and how to paint/what to paint/etc. Art is art, for God's sake.

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
I agree. If you wern't influenced by anyone say. I am not sure of where my influences came from. I like "insert painter" so i might try to incorporate his/her style of painting. Just rave on with crap. I did and got pretty good. Well better than expected. I was actually influenced by a poem, so i said that and i like some of the simple paintings by ipcasso so i said that to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)