2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

YO!

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:
for those of you who didn't get the sarcasm, when souths are 'in form', they tend to lose (ie. back to their old ways), as oppose to every other team who tends to win.
:eek:

I get it.

:eek:

HSC
Big Dell to play tonight vs Storm! Bring it on Dragons and fire up it again!

Sad news is Chase Stanley is injured again. Ben Creagh is back!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Big Dell to play tonight vs Storm! Bring it on Dragons and fire up it again!

Sad news is Chase Stanley is injured again. Ben Creagh is back!
Storm will win. Sorry boss.

HSC
^^^ Then the ref is totally fucked tonight. I wanna choose storm omg they win?? wtf? Fake penatles ?

blue_chameleon

HSC
YO! said:
Storms suck!
Yeah, they totally did. Especially those weeks they had 10 players out. For Origin. :D

Penalties didn't do either team any favours. Storm won. Sorry boss.

blue_chameleon

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
^^^ Well what you think of the ref? Everyone hates it!
Well, for a start, the dragons didn't score a point. That tells a story.

Ryles sending off was harsh yeah, given that it was only about 2 minutes after the brawl. It's just one of those things I guess, and the Storm seem to get the good end of the stick (memory of 1999 final). Gavin Badger will probably be dropped for a few games by Finch. Meh.

All in all, it was a hard game built up from talk between the teams and the rivalry they have shared probably since the 1999 GF.

It's easy to use the ref as a scapegoat in these situations, but the guy made a rash decision to try and take control of the game. It happens.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
a little kick to the shin and it is enough to get you sent off. no wonder they said it is a men's game. for all you know, ryles could have been going for the footy and accidentally kicked lima. but given the context, badger naturally assumed it was a retaliation. nonetheless, no way a send off in anyone's book.

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
a little kick to the shin and it is enough to get you sent off. no wonder they said it is a men's game. for all you know, ryles could have been going for the footy and accidentally kicked lima. but given the context, badger naturally assumed it was a retaliation. nonetheless, no way a send off in anyone's book.
I don't think anyone could argue that the send-off was granted, and thats why Finch has come out and said it wasn't fair.

The guy made a rash decision in a game that was high on tension (just like Harrigan did in the SOO match where Tallis was sent off). Anything further on this is a beat-up. End of story.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
message recieved, your majesty.

roosters won't make the top 4. they are on a slump, and they got the eagles this week. if they don't pull their heads in, they will get flogged. luckily for them, they got the cowboys next week.

no one has talked about the broncos, but they are sitting pretty on 5th, and looking to overtake the chooks.

Dramaqueen06

HSC
historykidd said:
i'll also hand over my testicles if roosters lose this week.

if we somehow fuck up against a travelling, injury ridden titans, we shouldn't be worthy of the 4 imo.

Hand them over then!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wuddie said:
no one has talked about the broncos, but they are sitting pretty on 5th, and looking to overtake the chooks.
Hopefully they can make a repeat of 2006 where the they had a form surge in the back end of the season. :D

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Lets talk serious footy, the game is dying, what's the problem?
With the video ref thing i believe they should follow American NFL with the
coach call thingy, that would improve the game hardcore imo by reducing the pressure from the refs.
The NRL need to think of ways to come up with more money, the lowest player should be earning around $400k whereas experienced of good players like sonny bill, danny buderus should earn around $600k. This would reduce the pull of players heading towards rugby.
We need a better juniour base, develop something similar to Auskick. cant think of anything else.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Zrap said:
Lets talk serious footy, the game is dying, what's the problem?
With the video ref thing i believe they should follow American NFL with the
coach call thingy, that would improve the game hardcore imo by reducing the pressure from the refs.
The NRL need to think of ways to come up with more money, the lowest player should be earning around $400k whereas experienced of good players like sonny bill, danny buderus should earn around $600k. This would reduce the pull of players heading towards rugby.
We need a better juniour base, develop something similar to Auskick. cant think of anything else.
Good ideas boss, but is $600k really that much? Not much difference between $400k.

I think lowest players earning $400k would be disasterous. Imagine all the 19 year olds walking around like they can buy the police! I think, its more to do with salary cap restrictions, as opposed to greed of players (excluding Gasnier!).

Imo, we need higher pay going to those that set a good example. Eg. Guys like Steve Menzies, Hazem El Masri, Jason Stevens etc. All these players are/were good for their teams both on and off the field.

Or, at least their contracts having large clauses in them regarding off-field behaviour. Clean up the off field drama, and the crowds will come back. Also, Telstra (now ANZ) Stadium has been a nightmare for league games. Scrap it, reinvigorate the traditional grounds, and market the games based on historical highlights.

Oh yeah, and then there is the drama with inconsistencies in ref rulings. Make them consistent, regardless of whether they are harsh or otherwise.

The 2nd Origin game when it was played in Melbourne, attracted around 50k-70k people. Not bad for the game's exposure in AFL heartland.

I dunno, just thinking of what would get me to the games more.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
good topic.

i don't see why we can't have one or two players in every team be granted third party sponsorship outside the salary cap. the top players may be earning half a mil, but adding the sponsorships, i think that can rival almost any other code from most countries. the clubs can also choose which star/s in their teams they grant the sponsorship to.

take the example of gasnier. if he was allowed to get an uncapped deal with, let's say st george bank for an extra $200k + win bonus, that will surely be more attractive for him to stay. same as buderus who is leaving at the end of the year, monaghan, barrett and all those guys.

historykidd

HSC
yes, why is the game dying?

the current trend in NRL seems to take a very nay-sayer attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)