2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Chuck Norris backed a republican..
Sure. Reagan is the better example.
Point is that Hollywood is broadly on board with the red/liberal/progressive message championed by the Dems

Anyway, SBS now

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Silver Persian said:
With the US polls, do the figures only describe ppl who are planning to vote, or not?
You mean, are there people who fill out polls but have no intention to vote?
lol

Garygaz

HSC
At least if McCain wins we have 4-8 more years of an America we already know how to deal with.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Garygaz said:
At least if McCain wins we have 4-8 more years of an America we already know how to deal with.
At least if we lose WW2, we have many more years of a dictator we already know how to deal with.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Garygaz said:
But is that the America we want to deal with?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
the truth is, if obama is not elected as the next president of the unites states, democracy should go down as the biggest scam in modern day politics.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If the people dont vote Obama, then democracy is worthless?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
If the people dont vote Obama, then democracy is worthless?
if people vote for McCain over obama. yes, democracy is worthless.

what does McCain bring to the US people that obama does not do better in...its a fucking joke.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont think that you're talking about democracy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
bigboyjames said:
the truth is, if obama is not elected as the next president of the unites states, democracy should go down as the biggest scam in modern day politics.
You don't seem to have a clue what democracy means.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
According to your great democracy, any outcome of who becomes the next president of the unites states this year through a democratic process must be respected. This so called democracy has functioned perfectly. according to you guys this is morally admirable. But it clearly is not: there is something fundamentally fucked up with democracy if Mc-same wins.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Stunning oratory in Obama's acceptance speech yesterday arvo. with regards to the content, I liked that some of his points weren't just about policy (even though I disagreed with his foreign policy + more); there was some overarching philosophy behind some points, a bit of his own vision for America that happened to be slightly original. But it's funny how the Democrats are playing it safe this election with a overtly populist campaign. I agree with this strategy tbh, anything to get the Obama and the democrats in the White House.

But an equally stunning, absolutely genius, BRILLIANT, OUTSTANDING move from the GOP strategists was to pick Palin as VP. A clever way to get Hilary supporters obsessed with the idea of having a woman in the White House to vote Republican. She's conservative as hell though and steadfastly pro-life (had a baby with Downs' born 18/04/08)

I'm hoping Obama and Hilary can call the GOP out on this obvious pandering, still brilliant tho

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A High Way Man said:
Stunning oratory in Obama's acceptance speech yesterday arvo. with regards to the content, I liked that some of his points weren't just about policy (even though I disagreed with his foreign policy + more); there was some overarching philosophy behind some points, a bit of his own vision for America that happened to be slightly original. But it's funny how the Democrats are playing it safe this election with a overtly populist campaign. I agree with this strategy tbh, anything to get the Obama and the democrats in the White House.

But an equally stunning, absolutely genius, BRILLIANT, OUTSTANDING move from the GOP strategists was to pick Palin as VP. A clever way to get Hilary supporters obsessed with the idea of having a woman in the White House to vote Republican. She's conservative as hell though and steadfastly pro-life (had a baby with Downs' born 18/04/08)

I'm hoping Obama and Hilary can call the GOP out on this obvious pandering, still brilliant tho
while there's no doubt she is pro-life, i find it highly offensive that somehow having a baby with down syndrome somehow automatically makes her pro-life. your basically saying said babies should automatically be aborted.

On another note, whilst i'm definately more of a democrat than a republican, i really wouldnt be able to bring myself to vote for Obama, he's all inspiration and no substance. McCain all the way, sure he is more of the same, but at least you know what your getting.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Iron said:
You say gutsy, I say stupid.

The best comments she's gotten that I've seen from Americans is "hot", otherwise, a complete nobody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)