2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
sam04u said:
You say gutsy, I say stupid.

The best comments she's gotten that I've seen from Americans is "hot", otherwise, a complete nobody.
I don't think the democrats are in much of a position to criticize her in terms of experience.

Palin makes a good choice. It should freshen up Mccains image with a soccer mum who has a perfectly clean slate and stealing the female vote puts him in a better position come November. I think it is a very smart move.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yep. She ticks all the boxes. Pro life, hard working, female conservative. I think he just got a lock on that quarter of Hillary voters, and probably sealed the Catholic vote

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
townie said:
while there's no doubt she is pro-life, i find it highly offensive that somehow having a baby with down syndrome somehow automatically makes her pro-life. your basically saying said babies should automatically be aborted.
Um, no, she's pro-life because she's pro-life. She openly admits that. She's part of "Feminists for Life".

On another note, whilst i'm definately more of a democrat than a republican, i really wouldnt be able to bring myself to vote for Obama, he's all inspiration and no substance. McCain all the way, sure he is more of the same, but at least you know what your getting.
Um, dude, what? Obama's the most down-to-earth politician I've seen yet. Check out his stances on shit, read his stuff. McCain on the other hand, is all fluff.

Seriously can't believe you think that. I can see it coming from a conservative, but...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Now we wait for the dreaded post-convention bounce.
Clinton apparently had a 30 point bounce after his, and he rode that to victory

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Now we wait for the dreaded post-convention bounce.
Clinton apparently had a 30 point bounce after his, and he rode that to victory
That's what I'm relying on. It's so fickle, isn't it?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
olol, all candidates are publicly creationist. my greatest hope would be for obama/biden to say something like "God and evolution are not mutually exclusive", leading some people to maybe have a look at the front cover of their yr10 science book.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
CharlieB said:
I don't think the democrats are in much of a position to criticize her in terms of experience.

Palin makes a good choice. It should freshen up Mccains image with a soccer mum who has a perfectly clean slate and stealing the female vote puts him in a better position come November. I think it is a very smart move.
She's under investigation in her own state for corruption...

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
CharlieB said:
did you even read the link?

There is a big difference between simply believing in a creator and being a proponent of intelligent design.
Did YOU read the fucking link? She's a CREO. CREATIONIST.

Intelligent Design == Creationism.

Sorry I can't make this any clearer for your own vapid insanities. Supporting 'the controversy' is fucking retarded and would send their education system down the toilet.

Do you want people to 'teach the controversy' between geocentrism and heliocentrism? Of course you don't.

EDIT: The schools have been ignoring the stork theory of procreation for decades now, supported by big science!

*facepalms*

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A High Way Man said:
olol, all candidates are publicly creationist. my greatest hope would be for obama/biden to say something like "God and evolution are not mutually exclusive", leading some people to maybe have a look at the front cover of their yr10 science book.
What? No, Obama understands and follows evolution.

Question: York County was recently in the news for a lawsuit involving the teaching of intelligent design. What’s your attitude regarding the teaching of evolution in public schools?
Obama's Answer: “I’m a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there’s a difference between science and faith. That doesn’t make faith any less important than science. It just means they’re two different things. And I think it’s a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don’t hold up to scientific inquiry.”
Let me re-iterate that:

Obama: "And I think it’s a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don’t hold up to scientific inquiry."

Zingy

HSC
Farfour said:
Did YOU read the fucking link? She's a CREO. CREATIONIST.

Intelligent Design == Creationism.

Sorry I can't make this any clearer for your own vapid insanities. Supporting 'the controversy' is fucking retarded and would send their education system down the toilet.

Do you want people to 'teach the controversy' between geocentrism and heliocentrism? Of course you don't.

EDIT: The schools have been ignoring the stork theory of procreation for decades now, supported by big science!

*facepalms*
It didnt say she was a creationist, it said she thought it would be ok to teach creationism, alongside evolution.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Oh, cool then.

But what's up with these poll numbers?

Utah Mason-Dixon McCain 62, Obama 23 McCain +39
Wyoming Mason-Dixon McCain 62, Obama 25 McCain +37

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Zingy said:
It didnt say she was a creationist, it said she thought it would be ok to teach creationism, alongside evolution.
The only person who would think that is a Creationist.

That's always their stance. "We can't outlaw evolution, so the next best thing is to pretend that evolution is just a theory and push Creationism alongside it."

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Zingy said:
The only people who would ever think that was acceptable would be creationists or those pandering to their votes. This 'teach the controversy' thing is absolute nonsense. Creationism is not an alternative to Science.

Intelligent design isn't an 'alternate theory', it's a nonsense attempt at science from the perspective of religious ignorance. We don't teach in classes that 'sin causes sickness' no matter how much that ignorant fool Inasero would like us to.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Why would it be okay to teach creationism along side evolution? It is not where the scientific consensus lies... We're not meant to leave it up to our kids who don't at all have the relevant background in the fields to decide which is right and which is not, that's meant to be decided for them by the most brilliant minds in those fields and filtered down in a way which can be used by our kids. I mean, let's teach all the scientific contraversies while we're at it, our kids should be smart enough to pick which one they prefer right? ^___^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)