2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

atreus

HSC
even if it's not true, this story seems to be snowballing and youd think she would have to address it sometime. there are more photos showing her daughter looking pregnant. there are also some photos of bristol holding the baby while sarah is speaking at rallies.

the only thing thats got me is that if she was that intent on maintaining this charade, on avoiding this shame, why would she accept a position that would put her under the highest level of scrutiny in the country? especially since she is not well known, ppl are gonna want to find out more about her.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think i'm in love.
Palin's speech was one of the best this mod has ever seen. She is the picture of political passion and sincerity. Finally, someone articulated McCain's "country first" as opposed to Obama's feel-good individualism.
My God. Pls watch it
She was terrifying and sexy. It was so natural and comfortable. Her son is just about to go to Iraq and McCain is a war hero. Fucken game on Obama you bitch

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
atreus said:
even if it's not true, this story seems to be snowballing and youd think she would have to address it sometime. there are more photos showing her daughter looking pregnant. there are also some photos of bristol holding the baby while sarah is speaking at rallies.

the only thing thats got me is that if she was that intent on maintaining this charade, on avoiding this shame, why would she accept a position that would put her under the highest level of scrutiny in the country? especially since she is not well known, ppl are gonna want to find out more about her.
it's a fucking terrible smear and addressing it just puts it out there further... she should no more address this than obama has addressed that he might be a muslim :rolleyes:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah kitchen sink. Dems are running scared. She is phenomonal
Await Hillary's endorsement, implied or otherwise

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Seriously, how sad is it that so many people took this up as real? What a terrible indictment on the democrat supporters of America, especially those who campaign so strongly against the pseudo-scientific bullshit that are the 9/11 conspiracy theories. Just goes to show that any idea that one party is more foolish than the other in America is a conception of fools.

A) Even if it were true, it doesn't really matter. You now have no right to complain about anyone questioning, for instance, Obama's patriotism because he doesn't put his hand on his heart and other such (imo irrelevant) claims.
B) Even if it were true, there has yet to be any good evidence. It's an extraordinary claim... Look for extraordinary evidence - Do not go off how some blogger says a woman should look when she's pregnant, meaningless anecdotes and your own amateur analysis of selected photographs.
C) Even if it were true, if you want to win I think you should focus on other things. It does not look good to go out there and attack a woman and her daughter making allegations about their down syndrome son/brother -It lacks class.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, consipracy's bipartisan it appears. Not that I wouldve particularly cared, because she would only have done it to protect her daughter, at great risk of being found out herself. But meh. She's awesome. This campaign has gone from improbable McCain win to genuinely close

sthcross.dude

HSC
Enteebee said:
Seriously, how sad is it that so many people took this up as real? What a terrible indictment on the democrat supporters of america, especially those who campaign so strongly against the pseudoscientific bullshit that are the 9/11 conspiracy theories. Just goes to show that any idea that one party is more foolish than the other in america is a conception of fools.
Sad = hilarious.

Sure people from both parties do stupid things. That doesn't mean that overall, one party still can't be less foolish than the other.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Enteebee said:
A) Even if it were true, it doesn't really matter.
Do people not have the right to be skeptical of the judgement of a public official in a potentially high place? Even if 'Babygate' is untrue, 'Waterbreakgate' still stands.

sthcross.dude

HSC
A High Way Man said:
Do people not have the right to be skeptical of the judgement of a public official in a potentially high place? Even if 'Babygate' is untrue, 'Waterbreakgate' still stands.
They have the right. But it would be foolish to exercise it, which was his point all along.

It's not fair to say any case of poor judgement makes a person a generally inept. Especially given the area of her personal life where the judgement was made is so totally removed from the job of being vice president.

It's just like how McCain being a "war hero" is irrelevant to his ability to be president.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Eh, it's a valid concern for people on the left, just like how Obama's association with former leftist radical Bill Ayers is for conservatives.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Sure people from both parties do stupid things. That doesn't mean that overall, one party still can't be less foolish than the other.
When both parties supporters show an ability to be as stupid as they are I don't know what sort of difference we'd be talking about, in terms of their people not necessarily their policies. Though I accept I was too strong.

Sure you do, but it's fairly silly and extremely foolish if you go about it in the wrong way. When you're claiming someone is a bad mother, just as you would if you wanted to claim someone is an abusive father, you should at least get some strong evidence and make sure you're on the right track before you put it out there.

Certainly the concerns about her getting on a plane when her water had already broke are perhaps warranted, it may have been a life-threatening bad decision and that should be examined (though as dom rightly points out it is far removed from anything political. I'm sure lots of political philosophers I'd look up to were pretty shit guys in person, but they would have/did make great politicians.. ). However, the whole thing about her daughter having a secret pregnancy is absolutely terrible to throw out there with evidence on par or less than 9/11 truthers given that it not only concerns her but also her daughter.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I call her McCain Girl.
A sort of counter to Obama Girl, but not as attractive, and less well known.

Edit:
When it gets to the debates, you'll see Obama rip these war mongers to shreds. You see it's hard to stand up to questions like that with a pretty smile. When you hear one or both of them support killing other human beings, you'll get the chill. Especially in a proper debate. The American people aren't going to allow their fears to be manipulated anymore atleast for now. And because of that, Obama will win.

Last edited:

TacoTerrorist

HSC
When it gets to the debates, you'll see Obama rip these war mongers to shreds. You see it's hard to stand up to questions like that with a pretty smile. When you hear one or both of them support killing other human beings, you'll get the chill. Especially in a proper debate. The American people aren't going to allow their fears to be manipulated anymore atleast for now. And because of that, Obama will win.
I really wish that were true. Unfortunately Americans are prone to media manipulation and Republican politicians preying on deep seated irrational fears and xenophobia. I sincerely hope Obama wins but the American populace is just too disinterested as a whole to make a rational decision.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
I can't wait for the debates. I just kind of hope Obama won't get thrashed because of his lack of 'succinctness', or what I like to call, thinking before speaking.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ah whatever. She's a mother of a solider fighting in Iraq, he's a war hero who has devoted the bulk of his poltiical life to causes of the military. They have more personal involvement and therefore more authority to talk about the war than Obama will ever have

sthcross.dude

HSC
Enteebee said:
When both parties supporters show an ability to be as stupid as they are I don't know what sort of difference we'd be talking about, in terms of their people not necessarily their policies. Though I accept I was too strong.
So if people support someone, and they are foolish, the person they support is therefore foolish. Remember you said earlier "ny idea that one party is more foolish than the other in america is a conception of fools." Yet it never had anything to do with the official position of the party. It hardly makes the whole party foolish because foolish people support them.

As for differences, we'd be talking about the proportion of supporters that actually engage in this sort of stupidity and the level of stupidity of the claims. It's not hard to think of even more outrageous suggestions, in fact the 911 conspiricy theories you mentioned earlier provide a good example.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Resident mujahideen sam04u and TacoTerrorist chime in with their 0.000000000000001 cents worth of information.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
jb_nc said:
Resident mujahideen sam04u and TacoTerrorist chime in with their 0.000000000000001 cents worth of information.
I dont see you contributing anything genuine, ever
(but that's why I like you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)