• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
McCain's speech was solid. He's no orator, but he still gives the requisite CinC vibe. I think that essentially he's the anti-Obama candidate. His support will be drawn more from those who dont want to see an Obama presidency, rather than those who are pumped for a McCain one.
It's Latham v Howard.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
A High Way Man said:
also, is the indefinite suspension of habeas corpus part of the GOP party platform? palin mocked obama for wanting to make sure terrorists *gasp* know their rights
I could cry. That kind of attitude makes me think that we might be yet another evolutionary dead end.

atreus

HSC
how many ppl will be voting to "make history" either republican for the first female vp or democrat for the first black president? if i was to vote for this reason, id vote republican cos obama's only half black, at least palin is all woman.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captin gay said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA0AMP51Gc

Obama on the O'Reilly Factor... he did pretty well I think
He did what he had to do.
Anytime I hear them talk of "more war", especially when it involves developed countries, I want to reach through the screen and slap them.

Obama has to play tough guy though, you have to, to look like "srs bizness" to the fucking nuts in America. Seriously, that place almost without exception is a cesspool of faggotry. I'm so pleased the younger generations is intelligent. That means there is hope for the future of the United States.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
atreus said:
how many ppl will be voting to "make history" either republican for the first female vp or democrat for the first black president. if i was to vote for this reason, id vote republican cos obama's only half black, at least palin is all woman.

Thank goodness you can't vote in the U.S. It's like saying you would rather vote for Rudd because he's younger than Howard.

I'm assuming you did vote for Rudd, too bad you didn't get a free laptop :p

atreus

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Thank goodness you can't vote in the U.S. It's like saying you would rather vote for Rudd because he's younger than Howard.

I'm assuming you did vote for Rudd, too bad you didn't get a free laptop :p
"if i was to vote for this reason"

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
dear Friends, Romans, countrymen $ fagots,

Every four years a grand show takes place in USA in which they try to tell people how their voices count and how the country will change course as per their wishes. Of course this is just an act and while some internal policies may slightly differ depending upon who is elected, empires operate in only one way, and that does not change much no matter who (the donkey or the elephant) wins.

There's no need to either back any particular candidate, nor worry too much about the outcome. The suitable attitude for an exercise like this is detached amusement.

your great friend,

BigBoyJames.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
You know what I love? The fact that the republicans are calling the press that has defended and covered up every screw up of the U.S presidency "the liberal biased media". How do they have the audacity to do that? Is it because nobody in their right mind watches their shit media anymore? and the underground media is becoming more main stream?

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captin gay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA0AMP51Gc

Obama on the O'Reilly Factor... he did pretty well I think

He did what he had to do.
Anytime I hear them talk of "more war", especially when it involves developed countries, I want to reach through the screen and slap them.

Obama has to play tough guy though, you have to, to look like "srs bizness" to the fucking nuts in America. Seriously, that place almost without exception is a cesspool of faggotry. I'm so pleased the younger generations is intelligent. That means there is hope for the future of the United States.
I fucking can't wait for Bill O'Reilly to die. He is such a bigoted idiot.

MissSarajevo

HSC
anycase, American election system is the best where as in australia useless tiny party like greens and nationals are becoming the king maker. I think they should be banned.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
anycase, American election system is the best where as in australia useless tiny party like greens and nationals are becoming the king maker. I think they should be banned.
America's political system is so silly. One leader can have the popular vote (more votes) yet the other can still win. How is that democracy? That's a load of shit.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
MissSarajevo said:
You're a fucking idiot that doesn't understand what democracy means. Piss off.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
I fucking can't wait for Bill O'Reilly to die. He is such a bigoted idiot.
I think it's amazing how they're talking about military strategy - the lives of millions of people - and they're talking about it like they're planning a strategy for a clan war in a game. It... kind of disgusts me. I hope Obama went home after the interview last night and prayed for forgiveness, or whatever he does.

The Republicans have closed the 8 point gap since the end of their convention though...

"She's a skillful politician," Obama said of Palin, "but when you've been taking all these earmarks when it's convenient, and then suddenly, you're the champion anti-earmark person, that's not change. Come on. Words mean something. You can't just make stuff up."
olol

Last edited:
HSC
sam04u said:
America's political system is so silly. One leader can have the popular vote (more votes) yet the other can still win. How is that democracy? That's a load of shit.
a similar thing happened in 98 in Australia though - where Beazley-Labor won the popular vote but Howard-Liberal won the election

spiny norman

HSC
Silver Persian said:
a similar thing happened in 98 in Australia though - where Beazley-Labor won the popular vote but Howard-Liberal won the election
1998, 1990, 1969, 1961, 1954 and 1940. Ours is a very flawed system like that, and it seems to happen far more frequently than in America.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Abolish the electoral college you say? Some guy tried it 200+ years ago

MissSarajevo

HSC
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Gov. Sarah Palin’s church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.
“You’ll be encouraged by the power of God’s love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality,” according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years.

Palin’s conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain’s candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/06/palins-church-promoting-conference-aimed-at-converting-gays/ :rolleyes: Gay friendly church?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)