2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What? McCain had excellent audience interaction and he made the point several times that he was actually answering the question. He was much more forceful than Obama and even made a few jokes.
I thought McCain's closing came close to a knock out, when he said that he knows what hope is (Vietnam) and he knows how to realise it, genuinely overcome challenges etc. Though maybe i'm at the point of total bias, I thought that Obama was a very poor comparison.

But if I were an Obama boy, i'd be pretty annoyed at how he shied away from the big hard issues like climate change and universal healthcare. He's running to the ugly line on personal prosperity, which McCain ground him to a tie on early in the debate anyway. McCain on the other hand makes a point of talking about the uncomfortable things, like nuclear power. I think the mask is slipping off Obama. Naked ambition, ruthless discipline cf lofty ideals and real change

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Obama was a sore loser who cant explain himself in his allotted time and always tried to break debate rules because he needed EXTRA time.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Meanwhile

NAIROBI, Kenya — The American author of a controversial book accusing Barack Obama of seething with "black rage" and of being unfit for the U.S. presidency was kicked out of Kenya on Tuesday.

The deportation of Jerome Corsi came just hours before he was to launch his book in a country where the U.S. Democratic candidate for president is wildly popular.

Corsi, who wrote "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality," was detained at immigration headquarters in Nairobi for not having a work permit before being ordered to leave Kenya, said Joseph Mumira, head of criminal investigations at Jomo Kenyatta
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433701,00.html

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah you also posted this:

MissSarajevo said:
Why do americans have more fun than any other people and countries on earth?

American High school students have more fun, look at High School Musicals and other american teen movie, how much fun they are having.

American college/uni students seems to have more fun as well, they have fraternities, sororities which didnt even exist in australia.

it seems like Americans are light years ahead compared to other countries when it comes to having fun and enjoying life.
thus i can safely conclude your opinion is void.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
What? McCain had excellent audience interaction and he made the point several times that he was actually answering the question. He was much more forceful than Obama and even made a few jokes.
I thought McCain's closing came close to a knock out, when he said that he knows what hope is (Vietnam) and he knows how to realise it, genuinely overcome challenges etc. Though maybe i'm at the point of total bias, I thought that Obama was a very poor comparison.

But if I were an Obama boy, i'd be pretty annoyed at how he shied away from the big hard issues like climate change and universal healthcare. He's running to the ugly line on personal prosperity, which McCain ground him to a tie on early in the debate anyway. McCain on the other hand makes a point of talking about the uncomfortable things, like nuclear power. I think the mask is slipping off Obama. Naked ambition, ruthless discipline cf lofty ideals and real change
That's not how independent voters saw it. Two polls taken afterwards, CNN and CBS, gave it to Obama 50% to 30%, and 40% to 25%.

Looks like America is no country for old men.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
The guy was going to sell his book about how he claims Obama is a Muslim terrorist, and then try and bribe Obama's brother with $1000 dollars to say bad things about Obama. This is in a country where Obama is respected deeply by pretty much everybody regardless of ethnic group or ideology. It's amazingly offensive.

I think it's hilarious that Kenyan officials booted him out of the country. He's free to return if he gets his papers in order.

But this guy was also saying Kenya's opposition party leader - a Catholic and a beacon of hope in Kenya - was a Muslim plotting to put Obama in power to take down America. He's a crazy Republican nutjob, and booting him out of the country is no less harsh than, say, Germany's anti-Nazism laws.

And for the record, George Obama said he'd never have taken the money from such slime.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Iron said:

Kinda reminded me the debate between John Howard and Kevin Rudd. Where clearly John Howard was the winner but the media pushed the worm for Kevin Rudd. :D

Lentern

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Kinda reminded me the debate between John Howard and Kevin Rudd. Where clearly John Howard was the winner but the media pushed the worm for Kevin Rudd. :D
Yeah, talking about teaching Australian history in his closing. Another marvellous manouvre by honest John.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Lentern said:
Yeah, talking about teaching Australian history in his closing. Another marvellous manouvre by honest John.
fucking lol, im gonna go watch the Leaders debate again

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol. I dont think that they compare, but I was thinking of the one debate Howard deigned to grant Rudd. There it was clear that Howard was yesterday's man with not much to say about the future - Rudd was even saying things like he's becoming a national security risk, as inaction on climate change has phemonimal implications on everything.
This election is dddd-different. People should be pretty scared about the low prominence climate change is getting in the US. It is THE issue facing humanity. The next president's failure to act substantially on it will be near suicide. Instead, it's being drowned by the financial crisis and neither candidate is talking about it satisfactorily anymore - only in terms of how ending 'energy dependence' will possibly lead to more jobs and cheaper shit. Scary scary short termism. Gore should spank them both, publically and generously.
Seriously, for all his wank, Obama stopped short of taking a firm and necessary (though unpopular) line on the biggest policy issue of the world - to greedily protect his inherited advantage on the economy. It's a huge sign of weak leadership and does not bode well for his future administration.
McCain by contrast has taken a courageously unpopular line on America's biggest foreign policy issue (i.e. defeat is unacceptable). Even if he loses, as he probably will, he has been the better choice. And I couldnt care less about the negative ads or the unfortunate Palin. It's the only response possible to a media who decided in January that Obama makes good entertainment. Well Hillary and McCain make good government. I can assure you that both hate every second they have to spend talking about the obvious flaws and murky past of Obama - they want to talk about government, but no one wants to report it.
Fuck it's depressing. America is throwing itself down the tubes, for want of stimulation. All the people want is bread and circuses. Technology has been an untold evil in giving them the power to get the rotten leadership their dim corpratized imaginations want.
Hate you all,
Iron

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Unfortunately I missed the debate (I was at work making money so that the Labor scum in housing commission can continue to live where they do - lol I'm joking...), though from what I have read it sounds promising...Iron's right about the 'style' factor though I'd like to throw in the 'change for change's sake' factor which was significant in the 2007 Federal election.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Unfortunately I missed the debate (I was at work making money so that the Labor scum in housing commission can continue to live where they do - lol I'm joking...), though from what I have read it sounds promising...Iron's right about the 'style' factor though I'd like to throw in the 'change for change's sake' factor which was significant in the 2007 Federal election.
Well you wouldn't really know, would you? You don't live in America, so to say that Americans only want change for the sake of change is pretty insulting. It's saying they don't need it.

I don't live in America either, but I've obviously been following the country more than you it seems. You may not think it, but many Americans believe Bush raped their country. He has between a 10% to 20% approval rating in American opinion polls (the lowest of any US president), while only about 8% of the country thinks it is heading in the right direction.

So I think it's safe to say Obama and his supporters want change for far more than its own sake.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He hasnt fallen below 22% you henious bitch

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Iron said:
That's all well and good to say that McCain would make good government, but what of his age? The next in line would be Palin.

If you were American, would you really Vote 1 Palin? Forget her media stuff ups (the few appearances she's made ala Katie Couric + the debate), she can't be ready to lead the US.

I don't know, maybe all the Obama is shit. But he's the lesser of two evils when paired against Palin.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Look, I agree. Palin cannot be president. McCain needs to (and probably will) commit to one term. The old war dog has more than 4 years left

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
He hasnt fallen below 22% you henious bitch
You say that like its some kind of defence.

22% approval is an absolutely abominable rating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)