• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Image:
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/palinsat.jpg

Sarah Palin Score 841 on the SATs.

The document indicates that Sarah Palin, then known by her maiden name "Sarah Heath", had average high school grades. Her SAT score is reported to be 841, out of the old maximum of 1600. Such a score, if it is indeed real, is pretty low for someone who wants to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/7221
Then I can become PM of Australia with a UAI score of 30. :shy:

Gerald10

HSC
And yet Obama gets derided for having attended the finest school on earth... crazy.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

It disappoints me to find out that account hadn't been created yet. Stay strong, Stephen. <3

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

Stephen Colbert said:
No sir, we want someone who's patriotic. Practicality takes precedence!
No, you don't get to do that.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Re: McCain admitting defeat?

Hey Vladimir, have you chosen yet? Mashenka or Milashka?

Vladimir Putin

HSC
N/A

I am a married man, and I love my wife. Any speculations about other women are just that, speculations. Stay on topic please.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

I was talking about your cute little cub, actually :( Happy birthday, by the way!

Vladimir Putin

HSC
N/A

Ahh, my bad. The cub had been a joy to me. Thank you cheeky_pie i recommend judo to everyone, it is a great sport

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

It's over, it's ruined, the flame is snuffed a-borning, the cup is dashed from the lips, America is brought to wrack and ruin in her prime.
New age of sino-soviet domination. Obama will lower the flag of freedom and hand the world back to evil

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
It's over, it's ruined, the flame is snuffed a-borning, the cup is dashed from the lips, America is brought to wrack and ruin in her prime.
New age of sino-soviet domination. Obama will lower the flag of freedom and hand the world back to evil
Yeah, I'm seeing similar right-wing drivel pass for a concession post on others blogs and forums, too.

Good news is, the democrats will likely also get 58+ Senate seats, allowing them to invoke the Cloture Rule. In the House, they're looking at a 60 to 100 seat majority.

Some good times are ahead for America. The Democrats now have basically complete power to reverse the past 8 years of Republican damage, and they've got the best possible leader for it, too.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

^They have complete access to reversing the damage, but in current context I disagree that they have complete power unless they remain in control for two plus terms.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Why? They will have a supermajority in both houses as well as the firm backing of the popular vote.

Do you mean they simply won't have enough time? Maybe. Either way, I imagine they'll get two terms based on how badly the GOP screwed its image up.

HSC
Well, it's difficult to see how the Democrats (at the present time) are going to afford universalising health care, improving education, and other social democratic programs, given impending US recession and massively massive state debt.

I think Obama's hands will be tied, unless he can find big expenditure cuts (military!military!military!), or he's willing to make massively massive debt even more massive

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

It is a nightmare. The founding fathers would be pissing in their soup.
Goodbye checks and balances, goodbye separation of powers. Hello stacked Supreme Court, hello one party state, cult of personality, stagnation decline and fall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)