2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Politically, it would be impossible for him to water down the withdrawal plans.
I dont think there was much US presence in Vietnam after the embassy was evacuated...
The fact is that America has troops all over the world - S Korea, Germany... but politically, he is boxed in a corner on this one.

Also, as far as i'm aware Slidey, I dont have the authority to view votes in a private poll. Such power would only further my now clinical meglomania

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

From a completely objective point of view, I respect Mcain's consistency in decision making - he does not take into account what his party urges him to do, only what he thinks would be best for the public.

On that note, I should probably mention that I am a liberal and think that at this point in time, America needs Obama, as what really needs to be concentrated on is America's economic downturn, and ways of shortening it. Obama has good economic credentials and I think that if he chooses the right advisers, he could steer America away from the mess of the Iraq War. I believe a slow withdrawal is the only thing that can minimize the blood shed.
Wouldn't have been great if some sort of retreat plan had been created from the beginning?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Anyone aware of the minor controversy behind McCain's qualification to run?

I believe he was born on/near a US Naval base in
PANAMA

dundundun

Muz4PM

HSC
Iron said:

PANAMA

dundundun
Yeah, I heard of that, he was born at the Coco Solo Naval Air Station in what was known as the Panama Canal Zone. He was endorsed by the Senate and there was a bi-partisan legal review taken on the situation which allowed McCain to run in the election. So, basically, he qualifies, lets move onto the race.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I dont like the precedent
Hey ARNOLD!

Muz4PM

HSC

Iron said:
I dont like the precedent
Hey ARNOLD!
The precident was set before McCain. George Romney ran for the Republican nomination and was born in Mexico. Barry Goldwater, the Republican candidate in 1964 was born in the "Arizona Territory", not exactly one of the US states.

However, I think that bit of the constitution needs ammending, certainly someone who has spent a certain number of years as a citizen in a certain country would be qualified to become the supreme politician of that country? (Among other qualifications of course)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

bigboyjames said:
wow, close call on BOS
Not even BOSrolling a Republican forum can stop Obama!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Muz4PM said:
The precident was set before McCain. George Romney ran for the Republican nomination and was born in Mexico. Barry Goldwater, the Republican candidate in 1964 was born in the "Arizona Territory", not exactly one of the US states.

However, I think that bit of the constitution needs ammending, certainly someone who has spent a certain number of years as a citizen in a certain country would be qualified to become the supreme politician of that country? (Among other qualifications of course)
None of those men were ever confirmed.
The Chief Justice wont let us down.

And the ammendments you recommend would ensure the total destruction of the Republic.
The redcoats are coming-theredcoatsarecoming
Or is that brown shirts? Terminator.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Obama's brand is far too idealistic and reminiscent of Rudd. After he's elected and the electorate realise that words don't solve the problems facing the community, the disillusion will begin..

People like Martin Luther King were able to utilise their oratory prowess to promote their idealism. King possessed no direct responsibility. Although he contributed greatly to the progress made with race relations (as far as they extend of course), he ultimately would not have been accountable for failure..

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, he's tapping into the most central tenent of American philosophy: the make-over solves everything!
But lol at the comparison with Rudd. Tbh I harbour fears of what Obama might mean for Australia, because of his Indonesian/anti-colonial background, his bitterness at Howard's early attempt to do the Republican's bidding, and his snub of Rudd during his visit.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
Yeah, he's tapping into the most central tenent of American philosophy: the make-over solves everything!
But lol at the comparison with Rudd. Tbh I harbour fears of what Obama might mean for Australia, because of his Indonesian/anti-colonial background, his bitterness at Howard's early attempt to do the Republican's bidding, and his snub of Rudd during his visit.
True.

But lol @ incentivation's fear-mongering.

HSC
Iron said:

PANAMA

dundundun
which is/was US soil DUNDUNDUNNNN

HSC
The truth about Obama:

http://www.slate.com/id/2193798/ said:
To: [Redacted]
Subject: WHO IS BARACK OBAMA?

There are many things people do not know about BARACK OBAMA. It is every American's duty to read this message and pass it along to all of their friends and loved ones.

Barack Obama wears a FLAG PIN at all times. Even in the shower.

Barack Obama says the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE every time he sees an American flag. He also ends every sentence by saying, "WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL." Click here for video of Obama quietly mouthing the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE in his sleep.

A tape exists of Michelle Obama saying the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE at a conference on PATRIOTISM.

Every weekend, Barack and Michelle take their daughters HUNTING.

Barack Obama is a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN. He has one HAND over his HEART at all times. He occasionally switches when one arm gets tired, which is almost never because he is STRONG.

Barack Obama has the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE tattooed on his stomach. It's upside-down, so he can read it while doing sit-ups.

There's only one artist on Barack Obama's iPod: FRANCIS SCOTT KEY.

Barack Obama is a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN. His favorite book is the BIBLE, which he has memorized. His name means HE WHO LOVES JESUS in the ancient language of Aramaic. He is PROUD that Jesus was an American.

Barack Obama goes to church every morning. He goes to church every afternoon. He goes to church every evening. He is IN CHURCH RIGHT NOW.

Barack Obama's new airplane includes a conference room, a kitchen, and a MEGACHURCH.

Barack Obama's skin is the color of AMERICAN SOIL.

Barack Obama buys AMERICAN STUFF. He owns a FORD, a BASEBALL TEAM, and a COMPUTER HE BUILT HIMSELF FROM AMERICAN PARTS. He travels mostly by FORKLIFT.

Barack Obama says that Americans cling to GUNS and RELIGION because they are AWESOME.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)