2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

I will reopen when the good lady sings.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

-Is it done, Yuri?
-No Comrade Premier, it has only begun

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

Whether the US is ready to elect its first black president will be a major factor. At this point I'm not so sure..

However, John McCain for mine. The similarities between Obama and Rudd are too much to bear. Oratory prowess supported by, well, not much..

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Black power to the people

Muz4PM

HSC

John McCain, in turbulent times you need an experienced leader at the helm.

brainwashed39

HSC

Muz4PM said:
John McCain, in turbulent times you need an experienced leader at the helm.
Being a conservative ex-military servicemen is not the kind of experience that would help the good of the people during turbulent times.

Hitler was a conservative ex-military servicemen who was elected during turbulent times.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

brainwashed39 said:
Being a conservative ex-military servicemen is not the kind of experience that would help the good of the people during turbulent times.

Hitler was a conservative ex-military servicemen who was elected during turbulent times.
There Mccain is the next Hitler and will try to exterminate the jews.

Atonofrash

HSC

incentivation said:
Whether the US is ready to elect its first black president will be a major factor. At this point I'm not so sure..

However, John McCain for mine. The similarities between Obama and Rudd are too much to bear. Oratory prowess supported by, well, not much..
Rudd has oratory power?

Muz4PM

HSC

brainwashed39 said:

The fact that you link John McCain to Hitler is as abominable and offensive as it is false. McCain is nothing like Hitler.

Back to my point about McCain being an experienced hand. A possible confrontation between Iran and Israel looks more likely than ever, do you want a someone who has clear foreign and defence policy credentials leading the free-world or do you want some rookie who is more willing to sit down with America's enemies than America's generals who are fighting in Iraq?

Whether you agree with the war in Iraq or not, whether you think Bush went for freedom, WMD's or oil, no one can deny that the war was going badly, until a troop surge went a long way to quelling some of the sectarian violence and casualties sustained in Iraq. Who suggested the surge stratergy? John McCain. Who has the foreign policy experiecne to see a correct stratergy in Iraq? John McCain.

His track record cannot be disputed, and in turbulent times, where we maybe on the brink of another war America needs a responsible, experienced leader. I think John McCain is that leader.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Mccain is too old. He'll probably die in office form all the stress and pressure.

Atonofrash

HSC

A possible confrontation between Iran and Israel looks more likely than ever, do you want a someone who has clear heart condition?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

He's actually not very healthy. I think that's a genuine concern

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Muz4PM said:
Whether you agree with the war in Iraq or not, whether you think Bush went for freedom, WMD's or oil, no one can deny that the war was going badly, until a troop surge went a long way to quelling some of the sectarian violence and casualties sustained in Iraq.
The war is still a huge failure, with no end in sight.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

brainwashed39 said:

Indeed he was.

Ultimately, his policies allowed Germany to expand and address the economic crisis that the country endured during the Weimar years. Ill directed and abominable foreign and interior policy overshadows the transformation that occurred within Germany throughout Hitler's reign (in an economic and cohesive sense).

Muz4PM

HSC

Iron said:
He's actually not very healthy. I think that's a genuine concern
McCain's health and age will always be a problem which will plague him in the election. His doctors have given him the all clear, which is I guess the best endorsment he can get from a health perspective. That is why his choice for VP will be very important, as many may see past McCain and at his VP as future president due to McCain's health.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

It's a pretty tough call at this stage, but I voted Obama - mainly because of universal healthcare, not Iraq.
I like McBain very much and applaud him for the frozen vegetables he's been providing Australia for decades, but have reservations about his health, i've seen him perform very poorly on a number of talkshows (Daily Show, Ellen...[his lack of charisma is almost total]), his healthcare policy stinks, his wife is clearly evil, his party clearly must be punished

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)