2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because i've looked into his eyes and seen terrible things

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Yeah, why disaster? You'd be hard pressed to find a country that isn't barracking for Obama.

From my perspective it'll be anything but disaster. He'll focus on the real terrorist hotbed - Afghanistan, he'll improve America's welfare and healthcare systems, he'll put in place better economic regulations like Australia has, and he'll significantly improve America's world standing. All the things Republicans are intellectually incapable of doing.

The arguments I generally hear against him are "he's a Muslims spy", so I'd be interested to hear your personal reasoning.

Oh, and pro-tip: he's a Christian.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It is in-con-ceivable that Christ would vote for this man

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That hurts me when you say that Silver Persian. Why cant people take me at my face value?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Iron said:
That hurts me when you say that Silver Persian. Why cant people take me at my face value?
Cos we're on the net - no faces.

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
Macain is old, so when he dies that woman will be in for president... now thats scary!!!
She anti everything thats not 'normal'
wow can't wait for that...the world is truly moving up!!!
hear the sarcasm??????

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Golly, Sarah Palin is accusing Obama of being involved in a terrorist bombing that happened when he was 8 years old, you betcha. Also.

What a fucking ditzy bimbo.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's too emotionally exhausting to rehash what i've been saying about Obama since February. I'm still recovering from the Palin debate.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
All my posts
Are recorded
On the site
In this thread
And
Hillary's

wheeze

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I've bled much ink about Iraq, meeting leaders without conditions, and abortion. But not only has he been infamously vague on policy, im not sure how much the stated policies matter anymore because neither candidate can really afford them after the bailout. Therefore I am forced, my friend, to immerse myself in the cosmetic issues of inexperience and character.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
I've bled much ink about Iraq, meeting leaders without conditions, and abortion. But not only has he been infamously vague on policy, im not sure how much the stated policies matter anymore because neither candidate can really afford them after the bailout. Therefore I am forced, my friend, to immerse myself in the cosmetic issues of inexperience and character.
meeting leaders without condition!? ROFLMAO your a bloody joke my friend. so your saying .....chevez, ahmadinejad, Kim Jong II etc etc have to enforce a pro-US policy, for obama to meet them? fuck off....and fuck you
Iraq war? LOLZ. dear god, the CIA/NSA are saying the longer US stay in Iraq/Afghanistan, the high the chances of another terrorist attack on US Soil. either you do not take the CIA/NSA seriously, or your just fucked up. id like to think the latter.
the only sufficient reason i can see you not supporting obama is the abortion issue. clearly showing your a religious nut, no different from crazy mullah in Saudi Arabia. get a life.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes. The President cant sit down with a leader who tells him that he wants to destroy America and its friends.
Munich! Never forget! Appeasors!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Don't forget the crazy Siberians! They'll be pelting Alaskans with snowballs soon. Not long after, shoukd we have the war crazed, Alzheimer's ridden John McCain in charge, it'll be full on nuclear war with those commie bastards!

But don't fret: He was a prisoner of war. He gave 5 years in service to his country it's time we put him in charge!

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Yes. The President cant sit down with a leader who tells him that he wants to destroy America and its friends.
Munich! Never forget! Appeasors!
Where I come from that's called diplomacy to avoid a nuclear war, but I can understand how that could be lost on warmongers.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Shut up my friend. I think that it's appropriate that the campaign linger on foreign policy - that's really the President's job. Congress controls the domestics and McCain would be more effective in negotiating with it.
For all his nice sentiments, I cant imagine Obama having the force of character to push through universal healthcare or serious action to address climate change. He'd be weak and impotent and ineffective.

Mostly i'm persuaded that McCain is better for Australia's interests, in terms of aggressively defending allies and not slapping up old-fashioned protectionist walls around America

Edit: of course you talk to these wackos, but you dont give them the propaganda victory of letting them talk to the leader of the free world. You cant entertain their hatred at that level

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Relatively stable? What a laugh. Iraq was terribly unstable and its stability was owed entirely to a ruthless dictator. Our presence has upped stability to an enormous degree. Funny how these bleeding heart liberals forget how much ethnic cleansing went on in Afghanistan and Iraq, eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)