2008 student id's (1 Viewer)

drmix

HSC
N/A
so like i like the new id and all...as someone sed...looks like a credit card keke!!

neways

im doin double degree and they only printed one...

went back and they sed...only one will ever show?

is this the case or was that lady cbb doin it again or didnt wanna admit she was wrong? i gave her my 2007 one which have BcommBsc

now i only have Bsc...gay...

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
drmix said:
so like i like the new id and all...as someone sed...looks like a credit card keke!!

neways

im doin double degree and they only printed one...

went back and they sed...only one will ever show?

is this the case or was that lady cbb doin it again or didnt wanna admit she was wrong? i gave her my 2007 one which have BcommBsc

now i only have Bsc...gay...
She was right. It'll only show one faculty, and one degree.

gl

HSC
I can beat that, i changed degrees in 2006 and my id cards still show my old degree and faculty. They don't care, and it's never mattered.

ps you can only get the travel concession if you're a full time student, so if you're doing only 2 subjects enrol in 4 subjects, get your id/concession then drop the other two. It was actually one of the girls at the id card counter that i heard recommend that lol

loolee

HSC
gl said:
I can beat that, i changed degrees in 2006 and my id cards still show my old degree and faculty. They don't care, and it's never mattered.

ps you can only get the travel concession if you're a full time student, so if you're doing only 2 subjects enrol in 4 subjects, get your id/concession then drop the other two. It was actually one of the girls at the id card counter that i heard recommend that lol
They said taking 3 subjects already considered as full time. I'll take that advice....I just can't enrol to the subjects that I need to enrol. It always shown as error. Am I the only one?

nitnit

HSC
sorry, but this may be a very stupid question. but where did they get our photo from? or do we take a photo on the spot and then they issue us with our IDs?

Vylen

HSC
yea, they take a photo on the spot... its like getting a drivers licence at the RTA

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Beware, the lighting is terrible.

But at least the photos make you look super skinny? I don't know if looking anorexic is a good thing though...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol its amazing how those damn CityRail officers can actually recognise the photo of the UNSW ID to the actual person.

A couple of Singaporean friends swapped their ID cards to test this theory when the officers came on the bus, and the dude was like, yup no problems here. :rofl:

aja152

HSC
N/A
what do we bring if we dont have a driver's license to show our id when getting our student id card???
do we bring our passports -_-??

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
aja152 said:
what do we bring if we dont have a driver's license to show our id when getting our student id card???
Have you never had to show ID before? For anything?

Fairly self explanatory.

is2SWaNz

HSC
On student ID's do they show whether we are a part time or a full time student? I know full time students will get the City rail logo on it and all, but stupid Commonwealth Bank wouldn't accept that as proof I'm a full time tertiary student. Hoping the card proves I'm a fulltime student so I can show it the bank tellers.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
is2SWaNz said:
On student ID's do they show whether we are a part time or a full time student? I know full time students will get the City rail logo on it and all, but stupid Commonwealth Bank wouldn't accept that as proof I'm a full time tertiary student. Hoping the card proves I'm a fulltime student so I can show it the bank tellers.
no they don't show you are a full time student but im not sure whether it is indicated for part-time students.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
It doesn't, but Commonwealth Bank will accept your student card.

Showing a concession card is different from showing your tertiary student card, if that's what you presented?

is2SWaNz

HSC
uhawww said:
It doesn't, but Commonwealth Bank will accept your student card.

Showing a concession card is different from showing your tertiary student card, if that's what you presented?
They said that if I showed them my student card proving I'm a full time student, then they won't charge monthly fees to my bank account.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
is2SWaNz said:
They said that if I showed them my student card proving I'm a full time student, then they won't charge monthly fees to my bank account.
That is correct, I'm just not sure on which card you originally presented that they rejected if you don't have your student card yet?

But yeah for the record I'm a commonwealth member and don't get the fees etc. You'll have to remember to go in once every 6 months to 'update' them on your student status also (just prove you haven't dropped out).

is2SWaNz

HSC
uhawww said:
That is correct, I'm just not sure on which card you originally presented that they rejected if you don't have your student card yet?

But yeah for the record I'm a commonwealth member and don't get the fees etc. You'll have to remember to go in once every 6 months to 'update' them on your student status also (just prove you haven't dropped out).
Ok cool thanks!

Btw @ your sig picture... I hate Edison, he's such a prick.

what-for?

HSC
my drivers license and passport both have my viet name on them instead of my english name -___-

but i enrolled into UNSW with my english name. will they still give me my student ID?

if it helps, on my HSC and UAC application, i used my english name.

Vylen

HSC
probably... just try and see... otherwise you'll just have to go through a series of questions i guess, to figure out if you're you

Vicly

HSC Victim
HSC
aja152 said:
I'm on the same boat!

Isn't there any other way to prove id other than passport?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)