2008 tax return thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ffs. you've got to be joking. good luck in your hsc.

seriously. wtf? obviously youre reporting for the financial year that just passed. You earned the money in the financial year before that. How would you report your earnings from March 2007 during the July 2007 to June 2008 financial year?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
all he needs to do is get a tax pack and cross out the financial year in question and write the previous year's dates at the top. i'm not kidding - that's what they asked me to do for a year i didn't report in

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I will call them tommorow morning

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
I did mine last Monday and am hoping for a speedy return. They estimate about $2300, half will go and pay off the overlimit amounts on my credit cards and the rest will pay medical bills.

Any left over will be put to my trip to Sydney and NZ.

What i found strange was the health insurance question coz we have MBF cover and they did that deal with the other company and so there was a question about that. I dont pay the premium so i dont know why i hvae to fill that in.

I like the pre-fill part, so you dont have to type it alllll in over and over again.

And yes you do need to report your HECS debt.

lala2

Banned
HSC
So happy, I submitted last Tuesday and got it on Tuesday. They're really quick, which is good, and they didn't question my claiming of textbooks. Not that it was dodgy, I really did and I do have the receipts and everything to prove it, but they sounded strict like anything you claim over $300 will almost certainly be subject to scrutiny and I claimed $800 worth of expenses. Anyway, I'm happy :D now I hope they put in that super co-contribution.

How long does it take for them to submit co-contribution? It says on the ATO website potentially until 31st October but I hope it goes in sooner because then I feel like I haven't wasted a grand. Or should I actually be hoping for later, then it won't be subject to as much fees? I'm confused :confused:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
they could still question it in the future. chances are they won't though. the majority of people claim over $300. It would be inefficient for them to audit millions of people

rozymisty

HSC
I got mine back in a week as well. $2400. Half has already gone lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)